Yuzu's headphones

Aria

On 12/2/2019 at 10:29 AM, river said:

He mentioned the Jaybird Tarah Pro at FaOI Makuhari last offseason, and like the fanyu I am, I bought a pair. They aren't too expensive (around $160), and they are amazing. They aren't totally wireless, but they hold a charge for 14 hours (can charge 2 hours of battery life in 5 minutes if you're in a hurry) and don't budge when I wear them while running. The sound quality is great, as you would expect from a pair that an audiophile like Yuzu recommended.

Haha, I read that and brought it too.  Think it works v well for me.  And I bought it in purple color by chance!!  Apparently this color seems no longer available as I try find the link again... 

On 12/1/2019 at 6:29 PM, river said:

He mentioned the Jaybird Tarah Pro at FaOI Makuhari last offseason, and like the fanyu I am, I bought a pair. They aren't too expensive (around $160), and they are amazing. They aren't totally wireless, but they hold a charge for 14 hours (can charge 2 hours of battery life in 5 minutes if you're in a hurry) and don't budge when I wear them while running. The sound quality is great, as you would expect from a pair that an audiophile like Yuzu recommended.

Oh thanks I checked them out! How do you think they work in terms of noise cancellation? Does the build of it automatically shut out sound? 

On 12/2/2019 at 9:29 PM, JSonlanda2190 said:

I'd like to have one of those $1000 earphones.

Same. One order please.

12 hours ago, cr0b1n said:

Oh thanks I checked them out! How do you think they work in terms of noise cancellation?

They aren’t marketed as noise-cancelling, but they definitely block out sound well. Not totally, just enough where I can’t wear them at my desk at work because I won’t hear someone speaking to me unless I see them first.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, SeimeiOrigin said:

Yuzu is right - We do need lots of earphones.

On my blog i have just shared my experience with a new set of earphones.

Wow - What an experience!

Thank you so much! Both for your ideas and for giving us a link to your blog.

It's true that for Origin, and also for Ten to Chi to, on many videos one just don't have all the music. And not every audio system can get it either.

And I don't know if Yuzuru Hanyu will work as a sound engineer but if he organises skating shows he will certainly be a very sound attentive, and proficient organiser. Like, Krystian Zimerman does hire piano tuners for his concerts but he can do the job himself if maybe not as precisely, and he can chose and direct the tuners, tell them exactly what he wants, which makes that with the same (faulty) piano at a few days intervals, another well-known pianist had a mess of a concert, some notes sounding like from a saucepan not a piano, while Krystian Zimerman had directed a very precise tuning so that with a certain way of touching the central keys this strange sound came, but not with other ways of touching them, and (with David Zinman as a conductor, this certainly helped too), he had a Chopin 1st Concerto of anthology, the central part of the first movement sounding like if played on a zither (a bit like, in Strauss' Tales of the Viennese Forest parts are indeed played on a zither) and all the other parts of the concerto sounding "like his usual self". No one can beat a person who's both a nerd and an artistic genius.

And if some day he builds a skating rink like Evgeni Plushenko, it will certainly be a sound wonder with tuning devices for empty rink of full attendance, for the music to be beautiful from any part of the rink and the audience, etc.

EDIT :

Also, in another article you wrote :

For example, Yuzu says in one interview that  at Pyeongchang he was supposed to stay in character but was so happy at the last part of the program that he could not help smiling and feeling so happy and we saw that. Such an uplifting moment that makes me laugh every time.

It made me think of this wonderful version of La Bayadère at the Mariinsky in 2007, with Uliana Lopatkina as Nikiya, and guests (from the Bolshoi) Nikolay Tsiskaridze as Solor and Maria Alexandrova as Gamzatti, who were so happy to dance together that they had to change the plot : instead of being coerced into marrying Gamzatti while loving Nikiya, in this version Solor did fall in love with Gamzatti and later believed her to have killed Nikiya and his love went back to the latter, and this twist was as believable and fit as any ballet plot.

In Olympic Seimei, Yuzuru Hanyu doesn't picture the same moment in Onmyoji, that's all. And in GPF Origin, he pictures the warrior to whom the fate murmurs he won't stand the storm, and who answers he is the storm. Both were highly convincing interpretations.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...