The Great Glittering Planet Hanyu Glossary (or welcome in fandom lingo)

16 minutes ago, Marlenchen said:

Thanks for this cute glossary:hugs:

For someone who was never really into figure skating, this is really helpful.

Before anyone asks, how I ended up on here, a cute video of Yuzuru showed up randomly in my Youtube recomondations, and now I joined the famdom:yes:

Hello and welcome! I think a lot of us fell down the Youtube rabbit hole one day and never came back.

The glossary does need an update in some important ways, though. Yuzu finally got his 4CC gold and had his season’s best score at Skate Canada - seems like 19-20 was the season for curse breaking! :knc_brian1:

2 hours ago, Marlenchen said:

Before anyone asks, how I ended up on here, a cute video of Yuzuru showed up randomly in my Youtube recomondations, and now I joined the famdom:yes:

Welcome to the rollercoaster. 

I hope you like rollercoasters, because stanning Yuzu is a ride and a half. 

22 hours ago, Marlenchen said:

awwww thank you and WELCOME!!!!:smiley-happy093:

I'm very very happy that you found the glossary useful (and also kudos to you for finding it LOL). I hope it made stepping into this crazy, crazy world a little bit less confusing

So it was a random video that started everything? Wow, I see Yuzu keeps pulling new satellites in his orbit despite having been in hermit mode since February:laughing:

Welcome again! have fun!!:loveshower::loveshower:

@river while the glossary still needs to be updated (starting with the requests that were made...uhm...oops...years ago gulp sorryyyy), I've just added some updates here and there:biggrin:

Gosh time passes fast

funny thing: while I was updating here and there, I've hit the max number of emojis allowed in a post :facepalm: again:facepalm::facepalm: It's the second post where I've maxed out :help:

(you can tell that I love emojis too much a lot)

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

awwww thank you and WELCOME!!!!:smiley-happy093:

I'm very very happy that you found the glossary useful (and also kudos to you for finding it LOL). I hope it made stepping into this crazy, crazy world a little bit less confusing

So it was a random video that started everything? Wow, I see Yuzu keeps pulling new satellites in his orbit despite having been in hermit mode since February:laughing:

Welcome again! have fun!!:loveshower::loveshower:

@river while the glossary still needs to be updated (starting with the requests that were made...uhm...oops...years ago gulp sorryyyy), I've just added some updates here and there:biggrin:

Gosh time passes fast

funny thing: while I was updating here and there, I've hit the max number of emojis allowed in a post :facepalm: again:facepalm::facepalm: It's the second post where I've maxed out :help:

(you can tell that I love emojis too much a lot)

I think it was a funny moments video better said the “Yuzuru Hanyu cute and adorable olymic moments”:wave:

And thanks for the warm welcome, I fell at home already:hugs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this! :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: I first got here a while ago but never had the courage to actually sign up as a member because everything seemed confusing, (had zero idea what "pudding of the opera meant" Ci) but then I found this page that helped me better understand everything! It really encouraged me to join, so thank you very much! :thanks:

Question: What IS the max number of emojis in one post???  Thanks! :laughing:

On 7/19/2020 at 11:25 PM, Hope_and_Legacy said:

Thank you so much for this! :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: I first got here a while ago but never had the courage to actually sign up as a member because everything seemed confusing, (had zero idea what "pudding of the opera meant" Ci) but then I found this page that helped me better understand everything! It really encouraged me to join, so thank you very much! :thanks:

Question: What IS the max number of emojis in one post???  Thanks! :laughing:

awwww thanks and happy to have helped :665e343793b9:

(mmmh the max number of emojis is...72 or 75... I forgot LOL but I'll find out as soon as I'll edit the glossary again)

• 4 months later...
On 9/12/2021 at 1:19 AM, hananistellata said:

I have a suggestion!

You can put in the term "dekodashi". It's from the two Japanese words 'deko' (凸) which means forehead and 'dashi' (出し) which means to reveal/to show. It basically refers to Yuzuru's hairstyle of revealing his forehead for some programs such as Origin or Let's Go Crazy.

This is mostly used by Japanese fanyus. I think Yuzuru might have mentioned it once but I'm not 100% sure.

oh, thank you for the suggestion, I wasn't familiar with this.:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

I want to add some more terms that have bleed from jpn to international fandom like hopurega and pari-san and also gotta still add Yuzuru's nickname konjac, and a few months ago iirc there was pukupuku (that I don't rememember what was about) :embSwan:

On 9/14/2021 at 7:28 PM, hananistellata said:

Yuzuru's nickname is Konjac? I remember how once he said his friends called him Yuzu and Yuzupon but i've never heard of Konjac! Is it an inside joke?

it's from the 2016 Shizuka Friends+ talk with Yuzuru. I'm very fond of it because I helped subbing that video and the whole food section it was so entertaining, I kept laughing:roll:

For some reason at the moment I can't link to the forum page(it's in the Yuzuru's journey folder of the Video section) but here's the direct link to the video, it's around the 29:00 mark:

https://streamable.com/e1nlz3

Spoiler: Shizuka also says that tofu fits Yuzuru's image :smiley-laughing021: The interview just has this warm energy, they go from talking about deep&serious matters to playfully dragging each other:67638860:

@LadyLou

Thank you for this amazing glossary! :thanks: 

It's so fun and full of memories :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:I didn't know Mezamashi made it here :smiley-laughing021:

By the way, deko-dashi is from DOI this year. In the Special edition of day3 and the TBS terrestrial digital version, there was a segment where Yuzu commentated his past DOI performances. When he saw the footage of Hello, I Love You, he first said he was scared and nervous because the performance was full of mistakes. Then he explained it was the first program he made in Canada and one of the things that changed his mindset back then, and that he started deko-dashi (showing his forehead) from around DOI2012.
You can hear him saying deko-dashi around 1:07:20 of this video.

And "puku puku" is from the backstage fluff of WTT this year, I guess.
When he saw the fan decorated with the photos of him now and back in his baby-boy days, he said his (younger Yuzu's) face "プクプクしてる." (Puku puku shiteru) Puku puku is a word that expresses the way something looks swollen like a soft bubble, so I guess he was looking at the soft chubby cheeks of his young self.

10 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

@LadyLou

Thank you for this amazing glossary! :thanks: 

It's so fun and full of memories :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:I didn't know Mezamashi made it here :smiley-laughing021:

By the way, deko-dashi is from DOI this year. In the Special edition of day3 and the TBS terrestrial digital version, there was a segment where Yuzu commentated his past DOI performances. When he saw the footage of Hello, I Love You, he first said he was scared and nervous because the performance was full of mistakes. Then he explained it was the first program he made in Canada and one of the things that changed his mindset back then, and that he started deko-dashi (showing his forehead) from around DOI2012.
You can hear him saying deko-dashi around 1:07:20 of this video.

And "puku puku" is from the backstage fluff of WTT this year, I guess.
When he saw the fan decorated with the photos of him now and back in his baby-boy days, he said his (younger Yuzu's) face "プクプクしてる." (Puku puku shiteru) Puku puku is a word that expresses the way something looks swollen like a soft bubble, so I guess he was looking at the soft chubby cheeks of his young self.

Awww thanks for the sources! What would we do without you?🥰🥰🥰 and I'm glad you like the glossary too:tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw: