In The Loop - Figure skating podcast by fans, for fans!

There's a new Podcast that is lead by fans for news, updates and discussions about figure skating! In The Loop will post every 2 weeks, the first episode is available where the hosts discuss accessibility in the sport, Evgenia Medvedeva moving to TCC, Dancing with the Stars and New Programs.

Check it out their twitter: https://twitter.com/InTheLoPodcast

First Episode on Soundcloud: 

On on Youtube:

And a full transcript is available on Tumblr!

https://inthelopodcast.tumblr.com/post/173890399070/episode-1-full-transcript

13 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Currently listening to the podcast. I'm halfway in and it's really good content so far. Nice to hear your voice @kaerb! Looking forward to future episodes :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:.

Apparently people are having trouble telling me and Evie, the other Australian, apart. I wasn't aware our accents were so strong, I think we sound completely different??? :laughing:

11 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Apparently people are having trouble telling me and Evie, the other Australian, apart. I wasn't aware our accents were so strong, I think we sound completely different??? :laughing:

I'm bad at recognising voices so I'm not the person to ask. Personally, I think you both sound different but that's just me :biggrin:

@kaerb I loved it! Great content and I already prefer you to other podcasts out there XD Can I ask you where you're all from? Not specifically, I'm just curious if you're all from Western countries. I can guess based on your accents, but I'm not sure. 

1 minute ago, ajnats said:

@kaerb I loved it! Great content and I already prefer you to other podcasts out there XD Can I ask you where you're all from? Not specifically, I'm just curious if you're all from Western countries. I can guess based on your accents, but I'm not sure. 

Thank you! Two of us are from Australia (Evie and myself), Tilda is from Sweden and Karly from the US ( : 

All of our hosts (present and upcoming) can be found here: https://inthelopodcast.tumblr.com/hosts

3 minutes ago, kaerb said:

All of our hosts (present and upcoming) can be found here: https://inthelopodcast.tumblr.com/hosts

Hey, thanks for this link! It's nice to put an (online) face to the voice. (I realized I follow you on Twitter without being aware who you are on here lol) Can I suggest you put a vague location in each of your blurbs? I know I sound like I'm obsessed with this, but it's helpful to know that if you're talking about offering an international perspective, especially if any of you is from Russia or an East Asian country with a fs presence (because a lot of us who speak English don't have access to those parts of fandom and I've always been curious). Anyways, you're all really great and I hope you continue to post regularly. 

1 minute ago, ajnats said:

Hey, thanks for this link! It's nice to put an (online) face to the voice. (I realized I follow you on Twitter without being aware who you are on here lol) Can I suggest you put a vague location in each of your blurbs? I know I sound like I'm obsessed with this, but it's helpful to know that if you're talking about offering an international perspective, especially if any of you is from Russia or an East Asian country with a fs presence (because a lot of us who speak English don't have access to those parts of fandom and I've always been curious). Anyways, you're all really great and I hope you continue to post regularly. 

For sure, one of our team is working on getting locations for all of us. And hm. I don't know if we have any people permanently based in Russia but I believe there are a couple based in East/South Asia. I do know people who are, so there's potential to invite them on as special guests, and we're always open to suggestions about things you want to hear about. Thanks for your kind words!

I just finished listening to the podcast! :love: I loved all the topics you brought up  but what I liked the most was how you addressed the FS  broadcasting issue and how the new fans could be attracted to the sport through media and the sns. Great content, indeed! I'm looking forward for the next episode! Congrats, guys! <3

First and foremost-congrats! Thank you for making a podcast series to is actually about opinions and facts and not gossip (unlike another certain youtube channel). What the FS world actually needs!

For later shows-maybe a compilation or suggestion of programs for new fans to watch. Not just of current skaters, but also older skaters. Perhaps a brief history of the skaters of figure skating history. =D Not a tall order at all!

12 hours ago, kaerb said:

(From an American) You do sound very different! Just couldn't keep you straight haha. I don't think it will be an issue after a few months of the podcast. I think maybe in the beginning if you can reference each other by name, like 'I agree Evie' or "Thanks for that point Lae' it will help listeners identify the voice to the name. 

Also, love love love that you included a transcript!! It's super helpful for people who are hard of hearing and I haven't seen it as often as you would think among podcasts.

I listened to it this morning while getting ready, really great job gals! I especially loved the discussion on the accessibility of online content. If only the ISU would just open their eyes.... <sigh> topic for another day! 

I'm in love with the podcast, finally something that I can as a fan relate to and it's such a delight to hear the voices of the people who I've known in the fandom for a while, it's like listening to friends :tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw: Other podcasts I know are usually so formal, this is something completely new and different. Huge thanks to the amazing team behind it :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg: