2018/19 Coaching changes

1 hour ago, airi said:

I wonder if Denis's tragic death influenced this decision, I heard they were quite close....

No, he said he was retiring way back during US Nationals. We were just waiting for an official statement. He isn't stopping fully either, he'll still be doing some work with Juniors. 

Wow, I'd be really curious how that'd turn out. On one hand, Tsareva has...how many skaters? Only Anna P? That's better than 5 senior skaters who are all probably more established than Dasha. On the other hand, Anna must be one of the biggest examples of wasted talent of the last decade. Now it remains to be seen if Anna's mental issues are her own or also the result of her coaching...since there's only one sample point, it's really hard to say :/ But I'd put my money on the latter. I heard somewhere that they used to stop Anna's runthroughs whenever she made a mistake, which is why she had a tendency to really fall apart after a mistake. But that was just a rumor, I think...

10 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Wow, I'd be really curious how that'd turn out. On one hand, Tsareva has...how many skaters? Only Anna P? That's better than 5 senior skaters who are all probably more established than Dasha. On the other hand, Anna must be one of the biggest examples of wasted talent of the last decade. Now it remains to be seen if Anna's mental issues are her own or also the result of her coaching...since there's only one sample point, it's really hard to say :/ But I'd put my money on the latter. I heard somewhere that they used to stop Anna's runthroughs whenever she made a mistake, which is why she had a tendency to really fall apart after a mistake. But that was just a rumor, I think...

It's not mental issues (or maybe better to say it's not just mental issues). She had a back injury that they ignored for the longest time and now Anna can't train/compete without a doctor's supervision.

1 minute ago, kaeryth said:

It's not mental issues (or maybe better to say it's not just mental issues). She had a back injury that they ignored for the longest time and now Anna can't train/compete without a doctor's supervision.

:/ ow. Yeah I remember that. I don't want to blame the coach for everything but it's hard not to lay some blame here. Good luck to Daria :fingerscrossed:

15 minutes ago, airi said:

What? A girl that can possibly land 4S3T and is actually really good skater is gonna represent my country? Didn't think something like this will happen in my lifetime :laughing:

Right there with you. That's certainly new.

Well, good luck to her then!