2018/19 Coaching changes

6 minutes ago, liv said:

Don't even write those words!!! This season has serious voodoo going on.....

I've said once the only thing that would have shocked me more than Evgenia's move would be Yuzu switching to Eteri but this offseason is so wild and heartbreaking really it isn't funny anymore :cry:

28 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Geez, I have NO idea what's happening

Pretty much. I mean it is possible she has spent some time now with Bet there too, and with Anna S and her quads as well, to go along with Sasha and Alenka, and has simply calculated that even if late, it is better to switch now than leave it for a year from now, after having to spend an entire season training with those quadsters right there at the same rink. I mean who knows, maybe Bet is going for one again, too. So it could be something as simple as that and escaping all that pressure that is bound to just keep building and building as time passes but yes, in any case, I hope for the best for all of them. 

6 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Pretty much. I mean it is possible she has spent some time now with Bet there too, and with Anna S and her quads as well, to go along with Sasha and Alenka, and has simply calculated that even if late, it is better to switch now than leave it for a year from now, after having to spend an entire season training with those quadsters right there at the same rink. I mean who knows, maybe Bet is going for one again, too. So it could be something as simple as that and escaping all that pressure that is bound to just keep building and building as time passes but yes, in any case, I hope for the best for all of them. 

The only one without a quad from comp or practice in that camp is Zagi, but she did get OGM, and who knows if she'll get pushed for at least a 3A too.

16 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

But her 2A is almost always so iffy ... :yznotimpressed:

Yeah, it's her worse jump? Also Zhenya's...(but Zhenya has tried 4S).

Alina's jumps remind me of Mai Mihara's sometimes. Really solid but not that much height. I don't think she can land a quad, but she could try it.

13 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Yeah, it's her worse jump? Also Zhenya's...(but Zhenya has tried 4S).

Alina's jumps remind me of Mai Mihara's sometimes. Really solid but not that much height. I don't think she can land a quad, but she could try it.

I think I've read her rotational speed has decreased from her junior years tho, so it would be hard imo, without having bigger jumps...her body isn't getting any thinner (I hope) and she's taller now and her air position looks already quite tight, isn't it? I don't see how she could add one more rotation, unless she gets more airtime...it could happen, if her muscles get stronger (but with her Osgood-Schlatter I really shudder thinking about the additional strain required to jump and land a quad...and with Eteri's training method for consistency, it would likely be several times everyday, several times in every training session:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:)

11 hours ago, Fay said:

No information. 

Ah thank you!
Well, the flowers have officially arrived so now we wait. Fingers crossed for her because being at CSKA even if not with Buyanova is probably the best she can do right now and then see after the two GPs. Sigh. 

41 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Ah thank you!
Well, the flowers have officially arrived so now we wait. Fingers crossed for her because being at CSKA even if not with Buyanova is probably the best she can do right now and then see after the two GPs. Sigh. 

The Instagram comments show the parting wasn't so peaceful, after all. But whatever, Eteri is left with Alina and Lilbet for senior ladies now. 

1 minute ago, Fay said:

The Instagram comments show the parting wasn't so peaceful, after all. But whatever, Eteri is left with Alina and Lilbet for senior ladies now. 

Mhm I saw. But yes, at least that's done now, and we can only cross everything for Dasha now.

It's curious really, I never would have thought this is where we'd end up, little Bet being Eteri's #2 Senior. But next season it'll be completely different anyway, what with the quad babies coming up, so I suppose this is transitional for her. We'll see who is left in a year or two.

1 hour ago, Fay said:

1 hour ago, Yatagarasu said:

Mhm I saw. But yes, at least that's done now, and we can only cross everything for Dasha now.

It's curious really, I never would have thought this is where we'd end up, little Bet being Eteri's #2 Senior. But next season it'll be completely different anyway, what with the quad babies coming up, so I suppose this is transitional for her. We'll see who is left in a year or two.

Not that I’m surprised considering the reports, but what did they say? 

5 minutes ago, cirelle said:

Not that I’m surprised considering the reports, but what did they say? 

Nothing concrete - just someone talking to Darya herself and telling her she wouldn't have been able to say thank you after what has transpired.