2018/19 Coaching changes

8 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Oh, why not? It depends on how she is feeling, and she's had some time to rethink things. Not a lot of time, but a decent amount.

Someone posted on twitter that Gracie has her 3-3 back!

Spoiler

Only a few months ago she was far from the ideal shape for figure skating competing - not only that, but she admitted she suffered from an eating disorder. If what she said was true, and I believe it was, you don't heal from an eating disorder (and from depression as well) in just a few months, and it's very dangerous to commit yourself to losing +5 kg to go back to competing when you are still in a fragile mental state. Of course, if she found the right mental support, if she is surrounding herself with supportive people and she restored a sort of mental state which allows her to focus only on getting back in shape to go back to skating because that's the thing she loves - then she can go ahead and give it her all. It just stinks like "false recovery" to me. Cases of Bed (Binge eating disorder) going to Ana or Mia (Anorexia or Bulimia) are a lot, so I fear for her health. 

Really, if you look up anything regarding how to cope with eating disorders, the first things you find are: do not force yourself to lose weight, do not count calories, do not overcontrol your intake and so on... figure skating is really not kind to these type of disorders. 

But these are all my fears and I don't have to be right - I hope I am not. I just didn't trust Gracie's team in the first place - when she was already way out of shape (couldn't jump triples), they didn't mention any problem, and it was months before they came out with the issue. Meaning, I think that they are really blind when it comes to mental distress, or worse. 

In any case, sorry for speculating but when it comes to mental illness, things are a certain way and recovery needs a certain time. 

So Eteri's only ladies senior skater is Alina? And Elizabet Tursynbaeva. Who woulda known....

Hoping all the best for them both. And that Eteri lets poor Alina rest and doesn't use her as personal revenge.

Now Buyanova has Sotskova, Radionova, and Tsurskaya? And now Panenkova? Am I missing anyone?

So weird. 

3 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Yes, Gubanova has switched to Buyanova as well so there're five of them. 

I know that being at CSKA has its advantages, politically and $$-wise. But it just seems like all these skaters are stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to coaching. :scratch3: Don't know what's really happening but it seems a bit sad.

I guess to them it's better to be #5 or #6 in Buyanova's group than #1 with a nameless coach. Or #2 with Eteri, apparently.

3 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I know that being at CSKA has its advantages, politically and $$-wise. But it just seems like all these skaters are stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to coaching. :scratch3: Don't know what's really happening but it seems a bit sad.

I guess to them it's better to be #5 or #6 in Buyanova's group than #1 with a nameless coach. Or #2 with Eteri, apparently.

The thing is, well, remember when Zhenya's rumors were all over the place and we had that date, as the last possible one for announcements because the Russians have it as a deadline for coaching changes? So Panenkova is beyond that date, by miles (so was Tarakanova while we're at it). And on GS they said she's in need of money so her mother is renting out a room in their flat. Basically though not confirmed, if true, whatever her reasoning for this is, it's in her mind good enough to go through all this now. 
I don't get it either as being #2 at Eteri's was also good, at least for one season while she picks up some cred as a starting Senior and she could have switched then, once the current Junior crop moved up. But :shrug:

8 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

The thing is, well, remember when Zhenya's rumors were all over the place and we had that date, as the last possible one for announcements because the Russians have it as a deadline for coaching changes? So Panenkova is beyond that date, by miles (so was Tarakanova while we're at it). And on GS they said she's in need of money so her mother is renting out a room in their flat. Basically though not confirmed, if true, whatever her reasoning for this is, it's in her mind good enough to go through all this now. 
I don't get it either as being #2 at Eteri's was also good, at least for one season while she picks up some cred as a starting Senior and she could have switched then, once the current Junior crop moved up. But :shrug:

Geez, I have NO idea what's happening but I really hope both her and Tarakanova are okay. And Eteri's junior are okay too. Sounds like there's a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't know (and maybe never will).

Makes it really hard to defend Eteri, tbh.