2018/19 Coaching changes

13 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Bottom line is that he could jump in a number of directions - ATM he seems to be keen on 4A and continuing to compete, but injury or discovering some new big interest and who knows what he might do.  I think he loves to skate and to compete and for the time being that's what he'll do.  I don't think he would derive the same satisfaction from shows the way Nobu seems to.

My two cents: he will have to find something as challenging and interesting as skating to move on to before r@&$:";$.  Quantum physics perhaps?

Also, maybe he feels the need to have a worthy successor or two. He's carried the weight of Japanese expectations for a while; I often wonder how he does it. 

1 minute ago, Sammie said:

I can see Lee Barkell as his main coach. So far, non of new TCC skaters has Ghislain in their announcement. I hope thats mean he can give more focus on Yuzuru. I wish to see his name listed as Yuzuru's coach in ISU bio :smiley-love017: 

Geez, everyone is invited to TCC for summer camp.... (Kolyada, why you go California? Lol. ?)...and then up to Brian's cottage for cottage country ice show and then jumps off the dock, lol!!!! 

And then the girls who have visited so far: karen chen, mai mihara, wakaba higuchi.... medvedeva wants full term.....probably more have been there too...

Yuzu,  everyone wants to play in your backyard, er, skating rink!!

This article is interesting, in re to Jason's move

I think on paper it will be Tracy and I as the main coaches but Karen Preston is going to work with him as will Lee Barkell. 

Tracy was really pushing for it, so we just had to do some juggling and figure out how we could make this work.

Brown contacted Orser shortly after 2018 U.S. nationals asking about the possibility of training with him.

David Wilson will choreograph his long program.

Source

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

Source

Look like he really like skating in TCC and Tracy must really like his infectious spirit when he visited. I really hope they can help him with his jumps. He is really a nice kid. 

After reading these Coach changes news, im feeling weird, cause with evgenia and boyang i was ok, pretty excited, and i thought TCC could still maintain this Safe Heaven Image i had, but with Jason... i dont feel he match well with that... im sure he is a great guy, but i dont know Why i feel this particular change will throw TCC off Balance.

Anyways, im sure im just paranoid or something, and i hope everybody does great next season and feel happy.

Edit: i just saw his video about the move and read Brian Interview and i have changed my mind! BACK TO BEING EXCITED!! :biggrin:

I can see him work with Karen Preston and  Lee Barkell more. Brian and Tracy is listed as coach for all TCC skaters as they are the one who monitor things and stuffs ( Again, when will they put Ghislain in Yuzuru's bio). Interesting, Orser and Jason didn't state anything about 2022, or have a more detail plan like Evgenia's. I dont expect him  to land quad left and right. If they can help his 3A more stable and land a 4T/4S occasionally, it would be a big archivement. I dont think TCC is that great in term of fixing jumping technique. Raf is. 

Seem like David Wilson choreo is a must for all new Tcc skaters. I'm glad Yuzuru's over that :laughing:

17 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Source

I hope Jason adds to the TCC spirit instead of throwing it off-balance. If Tracy liked him so much and thinks he fits in there, that's great. It sounds as if Brian isn't as sure though and this sounds to me, that he isn't sure how much more technically Jason will improve ("We can work with him technically, but we have to keep him healthy.). TCC is going to be a busy place and I'm not sure whether I like that or not. Especially since now both Jason (I like him) and Boyang (I like him more) are potentially showman-like skaters ... 

Jason hasn’t skated competitively for months now, so getting back into shape is going to take time. I have reservations about him, but he for one mostly skates for the fun of it. 

He must have been pretty desperate to find an environment that would work for him.