2018/19 Coaching changes

On 13/5/2018 at 7:47 PM, Fay said:

The video has been subtitled and put out here - watch it and enjoy you popcorn 

1 - I had a heart attack when I saw/heard Raf speak Russian?? I didn't know?? Or I did know but I think I forgot. That man scares me did I already say this
2 - listening Eteri speak... I cannot really bring myself to fully reject her. She is very direct and honest and she clearly sees things in her own way. She may be stubborn and blind under certain aspects. But she is not as crazy/narcissistic as she could be. My former acting teacher was 10 times her ego. Maybe I am too used to delusional people though LOL. 

11 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

1 - I had a heart attack when I saw/heard Raf speak Russian?? I didn't know?? Or I did know but I think I forgot. That man scares me did I already say this
2 - listening Eteri speak... I cannot really bring myself to fully reject her. She is very direct and honest and she clearly sees things in her own way. She may be stubborn and blind under certain aspects. But she is not as crazy/narcissistic as she could be. My former acting teacher was 10 times her ego. Maybe I am too used to delusional people though LOL. 

Rafael was born in the Soviet Union and lived most of his life there - he was born in Tbilisi, studied in Yerevan and then lived in Moscow before he moved to the US in 2000. He said that in Russia he was working only with Russian skaters, and because everyone spoke Russian in the Soviet Union, I think it may be his first language. (I can't tell by his accent because I don't speak the language.)

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

Rafael was born in the Soviet Union and lived most of his life there - he was born in Tbilisi, studied in Yerevan and then lived in Moscow before he moved to the US in 2000. He said that in Russia he was working only with Russian skaters, and because everyone spoke Russian in the Soviet Union, I think it may be his first language. (I can't tell by his accent because I don't speak the language.)

No particular accent - just ordinary standard Russian accent. 

4 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

I don't follow pairs closely, does it seem like a good change? Trankov's got bad reputation because of his mouth and, I believe, no reputation as a coach, right?

Right. Trankov  retired last season iirc and never coached a big name before. Hopes it will work out good for him.

41 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I need a lot of :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: for a new season

I’m trying to remember if the season after the last Olympics was this exciting. Yeah, there was the Ilyinikh/Katsalapov breakup, but other than that?