2018/19 Coaching changes

21 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

That's not what I meant. His coaches really have done a good job on him, but sometimes coaching changes really can help push a skater over the hill. That's different from saying he has zero additional needs, IMO.

If Boyang were coming without his coach, I'd have a far more optimistic outlook in this whole matter, though the previously mentioned issues, not to go into that now, still remain.

But China has the Games in 4 years and in general seems to be working on creating programs, that will enhance their own skaters. Which is perfectly normal of course. Sure, they do have Boyang, who does have issues, and I don't agree it is just a matter of polish btw, but who else? In fact, overall, China is in a bit of a bind right now. I get why they'd want this, they only gain from an arrangement like this. The thing is, I don't see what TCC gains, especially long term, not to mention SC. There has to be some benefit for them too in this matter. We'll see soon enough though, I'm sure of it! 

I'm not saying at all he doesn't have issues, BTW, if that's what it came off as. I'm just saying that, as far as coaching goes, I wouldn't call someone like Zhou well-coached, but Boyang? Absolutely, undoubtedly. Managed growth well, instilled good technique. But he does have additional needs, which aren't really all "basic" needs, so "polishing".

3 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Why would TCC in essence, train a Chinese coach? Because that is exactly what it boils down to. Educating a Chinese coach. I have no doubt the coach is more than willing.

TCC have zero interest in doing that, there are just no benefits. Boyang's coach will learn even if it is short-term, which is actually the point of sending him. It's not about accompanying Boyang, as much as it is about absorbing the knowledge. So long - terms seems very, very far-fetched to me because I see only drawbacks for TCC (not to mention SC).

it depends on what Brian sees in Boyang, I guess. I think he sees unfulfilled potential and has an interest in coaching Boyang, therefore there are talks about some arrangement. 

I agree though that it's though to find a reason why Brian would agree on Boyangs Chinese coach going to TCC, too. There is this issue, that the Chinese fed doesn't like their skaters to be solely coached by a foreign coach, so I can see that Brian could agree on Boyangs coach sitting in the kiss&cry with them, but to be there full time? 

Personally, I think the most ideal situation for Boyang himself is, if his coach comes with him as he's a great support to him. And I do believe, that HongBo Zhao meant some kind of long-term arrangement. What I fear is, that Brian won't agree to have Boyang's coach at TCC, the Chinese fed at the same time don't agree on only having TCC coaches coaching Boyang, therefore they won't find an arrangement. Or something along the line, like: Boyang is in TCC half the season, the other half in china and they will communicate about how his training goes. Half-hearted basically, and I doubt this will be effective

On 5/11/2018 at 2:40 AM, WinForPooh said:

I'm not saying that Zhenya did everything perfectly, either.

Yeah but i don't blame her. People don't act rationally and selflessly when they are scared and I wouldn't be surprised if she had reason to be scared. After all, she is as we are constantly told the first top Russian skater to be training with a foreign coach...

10 минут назад, hoodie axel сказал:

How do you get all your info?:laughing:

It's quite easy bcs sports Russian sites really are fast xD. And I just check them up occasionally xD. Also some Rus forums-they know EVERYTHING oO

Omg... Eteri again today with a challenge to Borser in Rus news.... She said that Eteri 's group work hurt his feelings...???? So they need to work harder... OMG I'm laughing so hard T___T And poor Alina and other juniors...

She also said Zhenya can jump now (Zhenya went in 8th of May to Germany to her doctor) but she has problems with her back spine in Phyenchang rather than her ankle oO

6 minutes ago, Lilona said:

Omg... Eteri again today with a challenge to Borser in Rus news.... She said that Eteri 's group work hurt his feelings...???? So they need to work harder... OMG I'm laughing so hard T___T And poor Alina and other juniors...

She also said Zhenya can jump now (Zhenya went in 8th of May to Germany to her doctor) but she has problems with her back spine in Phyenchang rather than her ankle oO

jeeeez, good thing I never watch the news :facepalm: 

I just can't with media blowing this up and coming up with all that ridiculous stuff uhhhhh :facepalm: 

4 минуты назад, Smultron сказал:

jeeeez, good thing I never watch the news :facepalm: 

I just can't with media blowing this up and coming up with all that ridiculous stuff uhhhhh :facepalm: 

She really needs to close her mouth... Like she does only worse for herself really...

23 минуты назад, WinForPooh сказал:

... Why on earth is Eteri giving interviews about Zhenya's current health? She's no longer the coach. Will somebody please send her some flowers so she'll stop all this!

Sorry I made a mistake, Abt Germany Zhenya said herself in there.

And she returned with good news-she can jump now. She can train now

1 минуту назад, WinForPooh сказал:

Oh, right.

Well then I'm sorry about my misjudged reaction, as well. Don't worry about it. :) 

Eteri was so childish I can't: It seems like our results hurt his feelings. We need to work harder to hurt his feelings more... WTF???