2018/19 Coaching changes

56 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I don't think we've really heard anything to contradict the original report that Boyang was doing a summer thing at TCC with his main coach. The long-term moving part was mostly wishful thinking. :P 

But even the original report said nothing about summer camp. Not disagreeing or agreeing about long term plans, just pointing out.

26 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

But even the original report said nothing about summer camp. Not disagreeing or agreeing about long term plans, just pointing out.

The translation seemed to indicate a short-term thing, didn't it? Mainly because his main coach wasn't changing, I guess. 

9 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

The translation seemed to indicate a short-term thing, didn't it? Mainly because his main coach wasn't changing, I guess. 

actually the original statement didn't indicate neither short-or long-term. 

My personal guess is long-term, because 

1. last year Boyang went to Lori's house for a few weeks for choreography too and his coach didn't went with him

2. HongBo Zhao said that Orser is the best at polishing and finishing skaters. This is something that needs time. It doesn't make sense to send him there for a summer camp for that. 

All in all, I don't think his coach remaining on his side indicate anything short-term. It makes sense for his Chinese coach to stay with him, because they've known each other since childhood and as far as I understand, his coach gives him great support and their close relationship is probably part of the reason Boyang is to carefree and resilient. It doesn't make sense to give this up and throw him into a completely new environment especially with his language barrier. Personally, I'm hoping for Brian and his Chinese coach to both coach him at TCC long-term. That would be ideal. 

I'm not sure if TCC brings on a new coach like that, even one that exclusively works only with one athlete. The TCC team seems to take charge of the skaters once they get there. I haven't seen anything about a long-term coaching collaboration like that, but maybe they do it and it's just not been made common knowledge. Having one coach who is exclusively dedicated to only one skater seems unusual from a skating fed, too. But unusual doesn't mean impossible. I'd be very happy for Boyang if he does have a long-term plan at TCC.

14 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I'm not sure if TCC brings on a new coach like that, even one that exclusively works only with one athlete. The TCC team seems to take charge of the skaters once they get there. I haven't seen anything about a long-term coaching collaboration like that, but maybe they do it and it's just not been made common knowledge. Having one coach who is exclusively dedicated to only one skater seems unusual from a skating fed, too. But unusual doesn't mean impossible. I'd be very happy for Boyang if he does have a long-term plan at TCC.

well Boyangs coach said, that since his own kid is now an adult and in college, Boyang is to him like a second son. So I don't doubt that he would happily going with Boyang to TCC. What TCC makes of it is the question though

12 minutes ago, Eclair said:

well Boyangs coach said, that since his own kid is now an adult and in college, Boyang is to him like a second son. So I don't doubt that he would happily going with Boyang to TCC. What TCC makes of it is the question though

Why would TCC in essence, train a Chinese coach? Because that is exactly what it boils down to. Educating a Chinese coach. I have no doubt the coach is more than willing.

TCC have zero interest in doing that, there are just no benefits. Boyang's coach will learn even if it is short-term, which is actually the point of sending him. It's not about accompanying Boyang, as much as it is about absorbing the knowledge. So long - terms seems very, very far-fetched to me because I see only drawbacks for TCC (not to mention SC).

Just now, hoodie axel said:

I doubt they'll be training the coach.

Boyang's been well-coached, BTW. His needs from TCC are something else, IMO, ie. polishing. We have zero details.

Oh they will be training the coach all right. Just by being there he can absorb literally everything. Methods, the process, etc. 

And well, if Boyang is being so well coached, why does he need TCC at all? Where are other Chinese men? It is far, far from that simple.

We do have a few details, but on the other hand, we are allowed to make our own conclusions based on what we do know and it's a discussion.

5 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

And well, if Boyang is being so well coached, why does he need TCC at all?

That's not what I meant. His coaches really have done a good job on him, but sometimes coaching changes really can help push a skater over the hill. That's different from saying he has zero additional needs, IMO.

And yeah, we are allowed to make conclusions, and "zero details" was hyperbole.