2018/19 Coaching changes

This is such great news for Evgenia, if she has had no input on her programs, choreo, costumes up until now, it will be exciting to see how she blossoms! And she has done a first rate job of taking the high road- which Brian credits her for, and he has done the same- which is not surprising at all. I am so impressed with her. :clap: :goe: 

It will also be interesting to see if Yuzu can pick up any clues on how to skate with her kind of consistency by training at same facility. Tbh I'm really not sure it's something Yuzu can do, at least not the same way she does it. I think 'variability' of outcomes may just go hand and hand with his kind of talent. But, if he wants to work on it, who could stop him??

I hate them but they are usually reliable with USFS news... Although I don't understand why they still get insider scoop with how gossipy they are.

So, with Shibs out for this season all 3 top US icedance teams training at Gadbois?

Chock/Bates, Hubbell/Donohue, and Hawayek/Baker....

tenor.gif?itemid=3579864

27 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

This is such great news for Evgenia, if she has had no input on her programs, choreo, costumes up until now, it will be exciting to see how she blossoms! And she has done a first rate job of taking the high road- which Brian credits her for, and he has done the same- which is not surprising at all. I am so impressed with her. :clap: :goe: 

It will also be interesting to see if Yuzu can pick up any clues on how to skate with her kind of consistency by training at same facility. Tbh I'm really not sure it's something Yuzu can do, at least not the same way she does it. I think 'variability' of outcomes may just go hand and hand with his kind of talent. But, if he wants to work on it, who could stop him??

I believe Medv's consistency comes from multiple RT per day and adding multiple 3Ts to every jump (Eteri method). If Zu does that with his quads, im afraid he might get injured more often. 

@Lilona: thank you for the constant updates. Well, if TAT says Medv is okay, Eteri might as well shut up. You don't go up against TAT in russian FS and come out alive in one piece. 

I still can't believe Eteri is at it, glad to see Alina won't comment (sensible choice). As for Eteri, she does realize that there are some days between now and May 21st right? The more she acts like this, the more her students might consider fleeing-I'm not sure any parent sees her action as good role modeling behavior. 

@Lilona Thank you yet again! And I'm glad you're no longer worried about the T-shirt. The timing though!

Ah, so Zhenya will be just fine. She has Tat in her corner, and Tat has made Eteri look like a petulant, tattling child with that interview. Polina to CSKA, so she won't be affected by Eteri's anger. And Eteri and flowers! No, flowers deserve much better. Unless somebody knows flowers she's allergic to... 

Brian's comments make Zhenya look classier than ever. See, she didn't say anything about her old coach even to her new coach, but look how the old coach behaved! Petty and spiteful. But just enough details to show why Zhenya left.

I hope little Tarakanova gets better son, poor child.

7 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

David Wilson!

I cannot wait! It's a great interview, he did really well. Didn't say much but said just enough! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

While David is not my favorite choreographer for Yuzu (the insistence on using War horses kills me), he did some great choreography for Yuna and I think his sense of dramatic and Evgenia's acting skills can pull off some really good programs.

I do wonder though, since Brian said maybe Med had asked Yuzu and Javi details about their training before she made the move, how does Eteri now feel for letting her skaters idolize Yuzu's skating? The trollking was influencing them. 

8 時間前, Lilonaさんが言いました:

Yes, I am. And now I understand why it was so awkward xD LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Lol. You practically delivered her a message from the divine that her choice is the right one for not just herself and who she wants to be, it's the right one towards the start of something a lot bigger than just she. :)

8 時間前, Lilonaさんが言いました:

OMFG, it seems like Eteri again made some comments on 1st National channel. She hopes that Zhenya has enough decency to meet her face to face and bring her flowers.

Eteri had some issues with flowers, really.

8 時間前, valkyrieさんが言いました:

eteri should be grateful if she brings her a slap in the face, never mind flowers 

7 時間前, Ferrerさんが言いました:

She's not going to let it go, is she? 

:party0029::5918bda52b02e_0002(1)::5918bda52b02e_0002(1):

I think that's her way of extending an olive branch. This response makes her seem diffused somewhat. The lady is who she is (lets not forget the fact that her coaching situation is a lot different than Brian's. She's got both the RusFed and the Russian gov't to answer to so she's coming from a different place altogether--it may not excuse her personality or perhaps even her methods but there's definitely a reason behind why she does what she does and says what she does) but she's also human at the end of the day. Her truest feelings towards Med isn't going to get destroyed by this.

I really hope Med grows fully into herself in Canada, or wherever else she may eventually choose to be, regardless of whether she wins titles or not, because, among many other potential good results, that may also enable Tutberidze to realize something important for both herself and her future students.

The future, this future is full of hope, and not simply for Med herself.

9 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

You could hide your post. :)

Maybe we can ask Mods to delete it? @Yatagarasu

The issue isn't our forum spreading it, the issue is we've got people from other forums who come in here and they'll spread it. =(