2018/19 Coaching changes

11 minutes ago, Lilona said:

For the funny note, I once read a fanfic where Zhenya was leaving Eteri for Borser and makes an agreement with Rus Fed that she will be paying for her training for one year. And mb bcs of that all that happens today seems like a dream oO... Now there are comments for author like-You can predict the future LOL xD.

Or maybe she influenced it, as Zhenya read the fic and thought 'heey wait, why dont I go train with Borser and have RusFed pay for it? Thats genius!' :laughing:

Wow! TAT gave a humongous interview-comment and this was after her comment 2 days ago that she had - No comments xD. In short, she made many compliments for Zhenya and her mentality. TAT thinks she made the right choice and wishes her health, many-many health. And that there was smth serious if Zhenya made a decision like this. She also gave complimentary words to Borser.

Also, she commented that Eteri and Zhenya were really really close and Eteri shouldn't do what she did. That Eteri said that Zhenya is her daughter. They can make a dialog and made some consensus, :( she said

https://rsport.ria.ru/interview/20180507/1136570025.html

Also some ppl thought that TAT had some influence on Zhenya's decision. And if she supports her-it was a huge bonus in Zhenya's account for Rus Fed. And TAT loves Zhenya dearly. I know that for sure...

Ok. I'm now totally shocked. It was exactly the day when I saw Zhenya and Borser and when he gave me an autograph. 22 of April. And there was a historic meeting, I'm shooked

"The main thing is she needs to have a voice in her own skating," Orser said. "We have been discussing music, what direction we want to go -- she has never had that luxury before. She told me it was, 'This is what you're skating to. This is the order of your spins, these are your spin positions.'''

This sounds promising :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

eta: And it's so like Hersh to ask about the Flutz... At least say edge issues. lol

11 minutes ago, Lilona said:

Ok. I'm now totally shocked. It was exactly the day when I saw Zhenya and Borser and when he gave me an autograph. 22 of April. And there was a historic meeting, I'm shooked

Sorry if I'm misremembering but weren't you the poster who gave Med a Yuzu t-shirt and was a little nervous about the interaction? You can rest easy now! Med was probably just thinking, "OMG, DOES SHE KNOW???"

Orser said he expects her to need more rehab for both the foot injury and a back problem but their intention is to have her ready for a Challenger Series event in early autumn and then the Grand Prix Series.

this is the first i hear of an issue with her back?... :( 

i'm very excited to see a new medvedeva under tcc's tutelage! she has handled this situation with so much class.  

1 hour ago, k8y said:

Sorry if I'm misremembering but weren't you the poster who gave Med a Yuzu t-shirt and was a little nervous about the interaction? You can rest easy now! Med was probably just thinking, "OMG, DOES SHE KNOW???"

OMG the timing!! Poor  girl probably  freaked  out  to receive  such   a  gift  after  a meeting  with Brian!  :laughing:

22 minutes ago, Sammie said:

After reading this, I have a lot of respect for Brian Orser. Yuzu has really chosen a good coach... But wasn't Medvedeva allowed to choose her music? "River flows in you" doesnt look like something the coach or choreographer would choose for her.

I remember posting a million pages back about what I hoped her statement would contain. Glad to see it was pretty much exactly that and nothing at all contentious. Her camp definitely comes off sounding good here compared to Eteri. Now I am off to the read the thousand pagesci missed while having to work... when important things are happening... grrrr.