2018/19 Coaching changes

21 minutes ago, Lilona said:

I read smth abt this in Rus forums but ppl said it does not seem like true.

Not sure why people say it does not seem true (that Zhenya asked Mr Orser five times to coach her)? You, yourself, pointed out in your preceding post that a major Russian sports news site is making headline out of Mr Orser's homosexuality and that there is an upswing of support for Eteri. I cannot imagine that Mr Orser was not very cognizant of this possibility (or worse headlines) and may have wanted to try and avoid this (and the inevitable distraction it causes) until it became clear to him that Zhenya's approach to him to coach her was not just mere idle questioning or wishful thinking.

And knowing from that Spanish documentary that Mr Orser asked Javier about taking on Yuzuru when Yuzuru wanted to train at TCC, I would bet that 1) Mr Orser would have done similar in asking Yuzuru ie Yuzuru probably knew it was in the works that Zhenya wanted to go to TCC, and 2) that Mr Orser himself would undoubtedly have considered potential negative implications not just to himself (eg the headlines you allude to) but more importantly to his students (eg the undoubted stirring of shipping rumours).

Having listened to a number of interviews given by Tracy mentioning Mr Orser, and interviews from the man himself, he strikes me as being quite an astute and careful operator.

4 分, Huiqiさんが言いました:

That's not good for Brian. If Brian does not feel good, it can affect his students BUT this is the 21st century. Do Russians in general care about a coach's sexual orientation? (I thought YOI was popular there so... )

He couldn't have not been expecting it, when he said yes to her. He may even be expecting worse. Storms are inevitable. Nothing to do but weather it, come out the other side stronger, and do good work to justify their decision. Case in point, all the peeps who were so against Hanyu's move to Orser back in '12, most of them be quiet now. Hushed, practically. 

While we cannot influence the outside ,we can influence here.

Now there will be issues, no doubt but I think we should just ignore the tabloids and other low life of the media, and concentrate on solid (as much as possible) reporting of the more known papers. No use in negativity when these folks do this for click bait and are bottom feeders.

Also please remember in our site rules, we have one against speculation that maligns, anyone. 

While I know that there are a lot of rumors flying around now, if I could ask you to please be careful what you bring over here. Especially as some of the participants involved are minors so if it is just  a rumor popping up, please use judgment whether it is harmful or adding to a constructive discussion.

Thank you!

2 分, Ahlaiさんが言いました:

Sorry, but it had to be done (the image wouldn't leave me alone and I have essays to write).

mVIrFi3l.png

Happy for Zhenya that she's happy and so proud of the way she's handled this. :goe:

Why is the Spanish one missing? He's got that in the bag as well, semi-retired or no. And it's one of his  greatest fighters--nay, champions, too.

1 minute ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Why is the Spanish one missing? He's got that in the bag as well, semi-retired or no.

Catching so many that there is not enough space to show 'em all! :LOL:

Haha. I guess all the Pokemon Goers can all go home now. Because no one is going to be a greater Pokemon catcher than one Brian Orser. Everyone be calling Hanyu the GOAT when the real GOAT is the rotund smiley gentleman Hanyu treats like a gopher during comps.

12 минут назад, Cerunias сказал:

Not sure why people say it does not seem true (that Zhenya asked Mr Orser five times to coach her)? You, yourself, pointed out in your preceding post that a major Russian sports news site is making headline out of Mr Orser's homosexuality and that there is an upswing of support for Eteri. I cannot imagine that Mr Orser was not very cognizant of this possibility (or worse headlines) and may have wanted to try and avoid this (and the inevitable distraction it causes) until it became clear to him that Zhenya's approach to him to coach her was not just mere idle questioning or wishful thinking.

And knowing from that Spanish documentary that Mr Orser asked Javier about taking on Yuzuru when Yuzuru wanted to train at TCC, I would bet that 1) Mr Orser would have done similar in asking Yuzuru ie Yuzuru probably knew it was in the works that Zhenya wanted to go to TCC, and 2) that Mr Orser himself would undoubtedly have considered potential negative implications not just to himself (eg the headlines you allude to) but more importantly to his students (eg the undoubted stirring of shipping rumours).

Having listened to a number of interviews given by Tracy mentioning Mr Orser, and interviews from the man himself, he strikes me as being quite an astute and careful operator.

Bcs there was no evidence of that? I answered regardless Rus forums, bcs in tweet sources were Rus forums. We can speculate all we want but I read it directly and if there some strong rumors some other comments them like true or not or seems like true. That one was not that on a level not true.

10 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Why is the Spanish one missing? He's got that in the bag as well, semi-retired or no. And it's one of his  greatest fighters--nay, champions, too.

Aaargh! How could I forget Javi!!!  :headdesk2: Can we pretend his is the ball on the far side that's half cut off for now? I'll fix it up after I get all my work in.

17 часов назад, katonice сказал:

Ugh... this is all turning so ugly.

Why can't Eteri's students be given their freedom to choose and decide for themselves and their careers, just like everyone else?

Students leave and change their coaches all the time. It should not be treated as if it's a personal affront, and blown out of proportion this way.

I liked it more when we all thought this time, all parties would try their best to make this split as amicable as possible.

Why ain't it happening??

I don't think in Russia an athlete has full freedom to change coach wherever they want cuz athletes are payed by RusFed or a club (I don't know full picture but not all by themselves like in North America), so at least a coach change must be agreed with RusFed so I don't believe Eteri didn't know anything. And it's not a first case when her athlete can't leave without harsh words in media.

Wow i just read 50+ pages... loving the Drama too much? 

I feel happy how Zhenya handle things, still im a Bit in shock about all of this, but its begining to settle in.

im curious about what next season will be like, and hope everyone at TCC can have an awesome season! 

Lol at the image of Brian with Pooh and Luna :LOL: 

5 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

That strange kid with the toy turned into those strange kids with toys. Ah Brian, living his best life! :rofl:

Boyang seems to have a thing for mascot too. (This is all Zu's fault.)