2018/19 Coaching changes

Wow, this is exciting news. The move is one thing but the fact that she is doing this as a well-established skater with a considerable amount of clout is huge. If this collaboration bears fruit, RusFed may one day consider giving their skaters more options and their skaters will have the opportunity to learn from a wider pool of influence. Either way, this is progress.

Doesn't Brian frown at tanos tho? Would this mean reduced tanos from Med? And if she decides to try NA choreographers as well, we'll be seeing something really different besides things that are simply from the technique and artistry angle from her. Very, very exciting.

Plus, maybe Hanyu can use this opportunity to pick her brain when it comes to being able to rein in his wayward mind when it isn't occupied by injury. Like this is practically an Access All Areas pass for him when it comes to learning the secret behind the calm and cool Russian competitive mentality that the Really Successful Russian Skaters all have. LoL. Definitely a win for everyone. 'cept for maybe Brian's blood pressure and follicles. But I'm sure he feels the sacrifice is well worth it, since he wouldn't have taken her on otherwise. :)

Orser is a great choice, for someone in her position and with her kind of caliber. Although all their circumstances are different, I think there are enough similarities that fueled her decision. She's seen how, under Orser and his team, Hanyu had fought back amidst a crazily deep field with injury to win the Olys a second time even after having helped guide him to his first, and she's probably not blind towards the fact that when Orser coached Kim to gold, she was 19, practically an adult. And then there's Fernandez, whose now-shining career Orser and his team had a major hand in helping to build starting only when he was 20, while guiding Hanyu's towards his. Both who saw their personal and greatest goals fulfilled and I assume are now satisfied. I sincerely doubt any of these went unnoticed. Whether or not the move is a major part of her Oly ambition, whatever those ambitions are, I think one of her biggest motivations remains to be simply being able to better her skating in a way where it would also enable her to stay competitive for a good long while, just so she can stay true to what she really loves and keep doing it for as long as she's able. That's a very clear-minded and far-seeing decision, not to mention a mature one. From the way I see it, anyway.

Also, this means by the time FAoI rolls around, Hanyu and Med would technically be rinkmates. Heck, they practically already are now with this confirmation from Med. Really happy for the guy to have another familiar face step in and help keep his motivation up, what with Fernandez no longer there most of the time now. Yup, a win all around. Gotta love how things align to work out in this highly flawed universe sometimes, where most things don't.

Ok. Shit begins... Some major Rus sports site make an article with the shitty headline and with mention of Borser sexual orientation. I'm so ashamed. I'm afraid Rus media will take a stand for Eteri and will paint Borser like an enemy. OMFG...

4 минуты назад, MrPudding сказал:

I can't see this tweet that tweeter account banned me xD (and I don't know why xD). I read smth abt this in Rus forums but ppl said it does not seem like true.

5 минут назад, Lilona сказал:

Ok. Shit begins... Some major Rus sports site make an article with the shitty headline and with mention of Borser sexual orientation. I'm so ashamed. I'm afraid Rus media will take a stand for Eteri and will paint Borser like an enemy. OMFG...

It was inevitable. But I'm ashamed too. 

6 minutes ago, Lilona said:

That's not good for Brian. If Brian does not feel good, it can affect his students BUT this is the 21st century. Do Russians in general care about a coach's sexual orientation? (I thought YOI was popular there so... )

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

this could be the shade

Considering Eteri’s words yesterday, definitively. I also like ”new training methods”. 😎

It’s good that it’s done, and like someone said, the deal seems to be exactly what was leaked/said on Friday (stay at the club, train with Brian) so surely TPTB had seen it. 

1 hour ago, Yatagarasu said:

We true skating stans :biggrin:

(you're not a real skating fan if you haven't gone through at least one Russian skating drama tbh)

Not what I was imagining the criterium to be, but DONE. :laughing:

Re: Zhenya moving to TCC :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

so it is done now, and while just 3 days ago I would have said "no way in hell that split and move can happen" now I am really happy, and even happier for Zhenya's maturity in realesing such a wise statement.:tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw: I believe her when she says that she wants to keep growing, and while she did improved on ss in this last season, TCC has a lot to give her in that department, and more choreograhers to challenge her with different programs. Hopefully she will be able to improve the quality of her jumps too, but of course the most important thing now is for her to complete her rehab properly (Yuzuru I'm looking at you too:peekapooh:) and slowly rebuilt from there and get her jumps back. TCC has (sadly) tons of experience in handling injured skaters and help them get their jumps back... I'm crossing my fingers for Zhenya and TCC, and, as one of my teachers would always say, ad maiora! (to greater and greater things):cheers:

tho allow me a moment to mourn over my almost certainly shattered dream of Wakababy going to TCC:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

1 минуту назад, Huiqi сказал:

That's not good for Brian. If Brian does not feel good, it can affect his students BUT this is the 21st century. Do Russians in general care about a coach's sexual orientation? (I thought YOI was popular there so... )

No almost all comments under article said WTF wrong with you ppl? But this site notorious for shitty clickbait headlines 

11 minutes ago, Lilona said:

please skating gods dont turn this into an ugly battle :smiley-angelic001: but i guess this is kinda inevitable :smiley-sad016:

17 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

And if she decides to try NA choreographers as well, we'll be seeing something really different besides things that are simply from the technique and artistry angle from her. Very, very exciting.

I'm really excited about this.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing some different types of programs from her.  And hasn't Zhenya mentioned before that she wants to show many kinds of styles in her skating?  I LOVED her ex at Euros and can't wait to see what she'll do next season!  :clap: