2018/19 Coaching changes

Oh I'm so happy for Medo that she can continue her fs journey without being labelled by her age!

This is her defining moment of becoming her own person stepping away from Eteri's shadow.

Eteri has nothing left to teach Medo as the student clearly surpassed in terms of keeping her dignity at such tricky circumstances. 

Well done girl :clap: 

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

57 pages on a Yuzu forum for Evgenia switching coaches. :biggrin:

We true skating stans :biggrin:

(you're not a real skating fan if you haven't gone through at least one Russian skating drama tbh)

2 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

Just thinking: Rip Brian's baggage: one more jacket. :rofl:

Not just RIP his baggage with one more jacket. But also RIP his hair I would imagine...
Does Mr Orser need to start looking for wigs, Propecia, or scalp-reduction surgery, ala Mr Trump? :LOL:

10 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

Ok, Russian FS fans are already joking about Brian holding Luna for Zhenya. :rofl:

lmaaooooo i didnt think of that :smiley-laughing021:

thank god, this ends on a good note. i feel like this is all still a dream, its so surreal because everything went so fast lol when is she leaving for toronto? june? 

I really have to salute Zhenya though, for taking control of her future. Not many people who have grown up in a heavily structured and very prescriptive environment have the courage to decide to take a different path for themselves. 

I'm not really a fan, but really admiring now her determination and tenacity to reach her goals. She truly has the heart of a champion. 

6 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

What about Chinese ones? :smiley-laughing021:

If that happens, I'm reminded of a stage actress once telling me that they sometimes only have up to 30 seconds to strip and change costumes between scenes (or even between stage entrances during the same scene) just out of the audience's sight on the edge of the stage. At least Mr Orser has a bit more time even when two of his students are going one after the other! And at least the men's event is held at different times to the women's event. Otherwise he really might have to put his skates (back) on (please excuse the pun).

1 minute ago, katonice said:

I really have to salute Zhenya though, for taking control of her future. Not many people who have grown up in a heavily structured and very prescriptive environment have the courage to decide to take a different path for themselves. 

I'm not really a fan, but really admiring now her determination and tenacity to reach her goals. She truly has the heart of a champion. 

I can't really get into her skating (except Europeans EX was pretty awesome. I hope TCC can move her past the pantomime and bring out those genuine emotions some more!) but how can you not love her as a person? So proud of her!