2018/19 Coaching changes

8 минут назад, Xen сказал:

I have iced coffee, so the beverages are covered.

On a serious note, Eteri really didn't help things- when she went on national TV she had a chance to reduce the explosion and settle it down a bit. Instead, she just made it explode a bit more.

After that interview, I'm guessing all parents are looking at options now. Medvedeva was Eteri's favorite for a long long time-if she can do that to her favorite, what will happen if your child is not Eteri's favorite and decides to part ways? It's not like she held back punches for Adian or Yulia.  Medvedeva leaving, and followed by Moris, and maybe Polina too, it opens options for other skaters in camp Eteri.

If she wanted to stop the bloodshed she should have not said anything negative on TV, and at least openly state and do something that indicates she's considering senior women and how to work on skater longevity-whether that's bringing in more coaches, allowing seminars overseas etc, short term technical training (like Kolyada's team). Anything like that would have made her sound much better now and helped contain the mess. But no, instead she's established as a coach who helps take juniors to the initial stages of seniors, but afterwards, has no plan for when a skater hits 18 (or puberty for that matter). And that's a strong impression that won't change easily- as most skaters and parents if they can, would plan around it. And that leads to a vicious cycle as she won't be given a chance.  If I were her, I'd go beg Tarasova or Moskvina for advice on this-just even on a consultancy basis. But nope, she probably won't do that.

I'm speaking as Russian. Actually, it was a quite smart move from Eteri. Bcs she "showed" that for her all her pupils are equal and Zhenya is ungrateful and nasty biNch. Don't forget Russian tradition of coach-pupil thing and Eteri with Zhenya was much closer aka 11 years together  - Zhenya called Eteri second mom and Eteri her - daughter, and this dirty bomb was on National Russian 1st channel in prime time, so for wide masses, who didn't know much abt FS Zhenya now is a betrayer and bad, really bad person.

For me, who know situation abt Eteri and FS in general, it's dirty and ugly move from Eteri, from average Rus citizen view the bad one in that story - Zhenya.

1 minute ago, Lilona said:

I'm speaking as Russian. Actually, it was a quite smart move from Eteri. Bcs she "showed" that for her all her pupils are equal and Zhenya is ungrateful and nasty biNch. Don't forget Russian tradition of coach-pupil thing and Eteri with Zhenya was much closer aka 11 years together  - Zhenya called Eteri second mom and Eteri her - daughter, and this dirty bomb was on National Russian 1st channel in prime time, so for wide masses, who didn't know much abt FS Zhenya now is a betrayer and bad, really bad person.

For me, who know situation abt Eteri and FS in general, it's dirty and ugly move from Eteri, from average Rus citizen the bad one in that story - Zhenya.

That is very sad :( stay strong Zhenya 

8 minutes ago, Lilona said:

For me, who know situation abt Eteri and FS in general, it's dirty and ugly move from Eteri, from average Rus citizen view the bad one in that story - Zhenya.

What would gain favour for her with people? Fighting back with proof? Or playing PR games by being sincere and saying thank you, focusing on people who supported her, saying she is happy she can leave the club and Eteri's legacy in the hands of wonderful skaters she loves and respects, and that whatever she learns and wherever she goes, she will come back and do her best for the people who supported her? 

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

Guys, Yuzu is the one born on the year of the dog. Boyang is born on the year of the ox. Ironically, Brian is also year of the ox.

Just saying.

Zhenya is a rabbit/usagi.

10 minutes ago, Lilona said:

For me, who know situation abt Eteri and FS in general, it's dirty and ugly move from Eteri, from average Rus citizen the bad one in that story - Zhenya.

But the damage is done in regards to families already in FS, no?

Только что, WinForPooh сказал:

What would gain favour for her with people? Fighting back with proof? Or playing PR games by being sincere and saying thank you, focusing on people who supported her, saying she is happy she can leave the club and Eteri in the hands of wonderful skaters she loves and respects, and that whatever she learns and wherever she goes, she will come back and do her best for the people who supported her? 

I think it will be the best and I'm praying that Zhenya won't stoop as low as Eteri. But she needs to leave Russia. Eteri won't let her have a quiet day on Russian FS soil ><...

I really, really, really hope it'll be Borser and that he won't change his mind after all that drama.

1 minute ago, Lilona said:

I think it will be the best and I'm praying that Zhenya won't stoop as low as Eteri. But she needs to leave Russia. Eteri won't let her have a quiet day on Russian FS soil ><...

I really, really, really hope it'll be Borser and that he won't change his mind after all that drama.

I have choice words for Eteri that I can't say here because this is a nice place. Hmph.

4 минуты назад, Xen сказал:

But the damage is done in regards to families already in FS, no?

Some Russian FS fans were wondering why Eteri so popular even if her methods are well known and she usually speaks quite open about it. And decided that some ppl think medals and glory for their children are the best. They can be wrong idk. 

2 minutes ago, Lilona said:

Surely he knew it was a possibility or even probable that there would be scorched earth?

And, well, he did say at Worlds he missed having the skater everyone where looking at and boy will he get that now. :P