2018/19 Coaching changes

2 minutes ago, meoima said:

Exactly, he did not say we should not let them do quads at such young age. The point is will they keep their quads when they grow up and that issue no one will never know until they're all grown up. 

I do think it's a translation thing because the comment was that these young girls COULD lose their quads as they mature in their body shape. Eteri seems to suggest that Mr Orser was saying they WOULD. That suggests it is all a misunderstanding, unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, Cerunias said:

I do think it's a translation thing because the comment was that these young girls COULD lose their quads as they mature in their body shape. Eteri seems to suggest that Mr Orser was saying they WOULD. That suggests it is all a misunderstanding, unfortunately.

OR it could be people who wanted to hate him just refuse to see what his words actually said, and will use anything to put him down, including something that he never said. I doubt these kind of people will just suddenly say 'oh yeah my bad' even after theyre corrected, especially one who did go to national tv to slight him.

In any case, this whole thing is such a mess. I'm praying for brian, and zhenya.

15 minutes ago, Cerunias said:

Eteri can read English just fine, she lived and coached in US for a long time. I think she was not in the right mind when she made that comment about Orser.

I'm amused by Eteri viewing Brian as a threat-well that about confirms a transfer to TCC, else why is Brian a "threat"?

But then that also implies she views Med still as a threat, then that says that Med should have some more years ahead of her, competition wise. And more importantly RusFed would not play politics against Med. Not bad not bad. Plus, why should they, when internationally Med is working for RusFed, the most they could do is be more neutral.

:party0029:

Speaking of which, Med if she decides to switch countries, could still be fine and safe from RusFed politics. Judges from other Feds might be less inclined to mark her down, because she's now a viable alternative, politically, to russian dominance in ladies. Kind of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" type of mentality. And besides, there are countries that would not mind 3 spots at worlds, and do not require you to have blood ties to the country to become a citizen.

24 minutes ago, Xen said:

I'm amused by Eteri viewing Brian as a threat-well that about confirms a transfer to TCC, else why is Brian a "threat"?

Given how soap-opera-ish this is, it would be hilarious if it turns out that Eteri literally was the only person to not know what was going to happen, and she's lashing out at Orser because she THINKS he stole Med. After she told Med to retire at 18, of course.

Oh goodness, I live in the Toronto time zone (:laughing:) so I'm going to sleep now. Hope that when I wake up we'll have news! Either way, this and figure skating twitter will be absolutely wild. Good luck to Zhenya, and us all!

3 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Given how soap-opera-ish this is, it would be hilarious if it turns out that Eteri literally was the only person to not know what was going to happen, and she's lashing out at Orser because she THINKS he stole Med. After she told Med to retire at 18, of course.

Ah, but tough Med should have insisted on staying with her another year, instead of going to a coach that welcomes 18+ skaters!

4 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Something awful would crack in me if Med does end up going to CSKA (or Panova or even Plush), and then flies over to train abroad at least part time (maybe summer through sept then go back to russia for nats).  That is a power move to really torch everything.

Speaking of which, I saw through the twitter grapevine that apparently Eteri got pissed at Trusova's parents for taking her out for vacation during New Year's without permission? And that led to some inconsistency in Sasha's quads in practice later on. So, given that, is Sasha actually leaving too? o_O

Just now, skateIT said:

This is just a rumor at this moment, right?

The more substantial one is she's going to Orser, and Raf essentially wished them luck (so I guess that rules out him).