2018/19 Coaching changes

hace 5 minutos , MrPudding said:

popcorn is not enough guyss

I'm taking Eteri's words with a grain of salt... I can't believe Evgenia would say that about Alina... I want to believe she's more mature than that.

4 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

I'm taking Eteri's words with a grain of salt... I can't believe Evgenia would say that about Alina... I want to believe she's more mature than that.

6 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

wow, all these conflicting news are so confusing ... and that thing about Alina, I find it hard to believe ... they looked so close after Olys and at those spring shows in SK... weird :dry:

If it was said out of anger and being upset at losing, it's understandable, she did not mean it. It's not like Eteri could reasonably hold back a student who was an OGM candidate anyway, it wouldn't be fair to Alina. Could be taken out of context, or Evgenia knew that Eteri understood that she did not mean it.

I actually do believe Zhenya could have said those words - but they would have been the words of a badly shocked and shaken girl. She did regain control soon enough and went over to hug Alina. 

Now the worst thing is not that Zhenya said it, but that Eteri betrayed her trust. You don’t give away what people reveal to you in such a state. 

Just now, Fay said:

I actually do believe Zhenya could have said those words - but they would have been the words of a badly shocked and shaken girl. She did regain control soon enough and went over to hug Alina. 

Now the worst thing is not that Zhenya said it, but that Eteri betrayed her trust. You don’t give away what people reveal to you in such a state. 

Exactly, it was taken out of context and most likely she did not mean it. The fact that Eteri is using it to hurt her is just...immature and low, to put it lightly.

Just now, LucyH said:

But we shouldn’t be surprised by the Eteri’s mudslinging ways. The exact same thing happened with Yulia. Evgenia - get the hell out of there! 

The thing is, it somewhat worked with Yulia. It's not going to work with Evgenia...she's been around far longer and Eteri can't try the same trick twice lol

Now hold to your seats - according to one of the internet newspapers, Sergei Dudakov said this: 

Я недавно общалась с Сергеем Дудаковым (один из тренеров команды Тутберидзе. — «Газета.Ru»), и он тоже думает, что девочки потеряют четверные прыжки.

I talked to Sergei Dudakov recently and he also thinks that the girls will lose the quads.

I fear for those girls now, if Eteri takes Brian’s mildly put words as a challenge. 

14 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

popcorn is not enough guyss

wow, this absolutely smacks of eteri trying to save face and paint herself in a benevolent light. regardless of whether or not zhenya said that and regardless of the context it might have been spoken in, a grown adult shouldn't be using it as ammunition on national television. 

id say its pretty characteristic of eteri to take a comment made in the heat of the moment / out of context to further her own agenda and paint herself as some kind of saint, and i don't find it at all surprising that she'd be going after evgenia now, even if they've had a long term relationship. she cares for medals and results, and medals and results only. she demonstrated that well enough in splits with her other students, suddenly they became lazy, uncommitted, weak when they weren't giving her that. :shrug: 

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

Now hold to your seats - according to one of the internet newspapers, Sergei Dudakov said this: 

I fear for those girls now, if Eteri takes Brian’s mildly put words as a challenge. 

Oh damn, I didn't think about it this way. She's going to drag them through hell and back to make sure they keep those quads...

Although I don't really get why everyone is so interested in speculating that the girls will keep or lose their quads? Unless they think Eteri's training methods are suspect...and they fear for the girls risking so much to acquire them in the first place...

Just now, Katt said:

I can expect Eteri go after Evgenia like she did with Yulia. But now she even drag Brian into this mess. Gosh :facepalm:

Brian can survive that. He’s got the reputation Eteri can’t tarnish.