2018/19 Coaching changes

2 minutes ago, kaerb said:

A friend of mine on Tumblr is really invested in juniors and novices especially in Japan and Russia and while it's not directly answering your question, she has done an intro on Panova's team as well as one on Japan's figure skating schools and I think she may be working on a Russian schools guide. Obviously don't take it as your only source but maybe it will help give you some background ( :

Thanks! Actually I've read both, which was how I heard of Panova's team. And the idea of Sendai yolo-ing its way to OGMs tickles me (especially since its men have yolo tendencies with 3As). 

No, what I'm curious about is more of this.  At least  in women's, Russian schools tend to be dominated by much younger female skaters, and has dozens of juniors. Compared to other places, there are less older skaters to a degree. So I'm curious where could a senior female skater go? In a way, I view TCC as a bit more of a "finishing  school" type that focuses on correcting and polishing what already exists. But Russian schools in general to me, seem to focus on building from the ground up. Is there any team or coach that focuses on "polishing" and "refining" a senior skater? I think previously there was Tarasova, but now that's no longer an option, is there a new school that would focus on that? Unless you mean CSKA is the equivalent.  Then again, if they have that many good junior ladies, I guess maybe RusFed isn't that concerned about longevity of the female skaters, so there's less of a push or incentive to have a club that is super strong in this? 

12 minutes ago, Xen said:

Thanks! Actually I've read both, which was how I heard of Panova's team. And the idea of Sendai yolo-ing its way to OGMs tickles me (especially since its men have yolo tendencies with 3As). 

No, what I'm curious about is more of this.  At least  in women's, Russian schools tend to be dominated by much younger female skaters, and has dozens of juniors. Compared to other places, there are less older skaters to a degree. So I'm curious where could a senior female skater go? In a way, I view TCC as a bit more of a "finishing  school" type that focuses on correcting and polishing what already exists. But Russian schools in general to me, seem to focus on building from the ground up. Is there any team or coach that focuses on "polishing" and "refining" a senior skater? I think previously there was Tarasova, but now that's no longer an option, is there a new school that would focus on that? Unless you mean CSKA is the equivalent.  Then again, if they have that many good junior ladies, I guess maybe RusFed isn't that concerned about longevity of the female skaters, so there's less of a push or incentive to have a club that is super strong in this? 

No, Russian schools are mostly not about packaging or polishing - they’re about big dramatic jumps. With bad technique attached. 

Does it look as though Pluschenko's school is headed in the same direction?  I know nothing about the various schools and their perceived strengths/ weaknesses but his is new, so is he trying anything new or just retreading the same stuff?   I would ask about Lipnitskaya and her school but it's too new to tell ; Pluschenkos  has been up and running for a couple of years so is there any indication?

Can someone let me in on how Zhenya  moving to TCC went from "its just a fan theory" to "looks like it's actually going to happen" in two days?? I've been a bit busy so might have missed something on the main thread. What changed? 

1 hour ago, OonsieHui said:

Can someone let me in on how Zhenya  moving to TCC went from "its just a fan theory" to "looks like it's actually going to happen" in two days?? I've been a bit busy so might have missed something on the main thread. What changed? 

Because there were some russian articles mentioning it. One of them was from MatchTV and apparently Evgenia's manager is in some way associated with them.

Also:

2 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Does it look as though Pluschenko's school is headed in the same direction?  I know nothing about the various schools and their perceived strengths/ weaknesses but his is new, so is he trying anything new or just retreading the same stuff?   I would ask about Lipnitskaya and her school but it's too new to tell ; Pluschenkos  has been up and running for a couple of years so is there any indication?

Well considering he's using Yuzu as a textbook, I think Plush is also techniques oriented. And I think Serafima also left him? So whatever he was aiming for there with her, is also gone now. He's such a new school, it's unlikely any of the older skaters will look to him for final polish and packaging. 

Frankly, Russian schools have the possibility to do it-it's just no one has done it. Some form of collaboration between Yagudin and Tarasova, or heck Plush and Tarasova (hah, they'd probably kill each other first) would probably do it. There's also Moskvina, but no idea where she is now, but she could have also done final polish and packaging. The problem is, most of these sets of coaches are not likely to collaborate with each other.

12 minutes ago, Yoa said:

I was reading about the same topic on FSUniverse and got reminded of this:

Were Evgenia and Gabby this friendly before? 

I think they have always been friendly. I remember seeing pics or videos of them from the 2017 WC in Helsinki being quite friendly with one another. I think Evgenia is actually better friends with some of the International skaters than the other Russian girls (it's just so competitive and cut throat there although I think she gets along with everyone - she has one of those extrovert, sunny and friendly personalities). I actually adore her friendship with Wakaba. 

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

lol

oh my goddd, the clickbait is truly so annoying, especially for an unverified rumour. I expected more from an official news channel. why can't they make meaningful content on yuzu or upload his SP if they really want to pull in the clicks :facepalm: