2018/19 Coaching changes

I didn't expect this, both because of how close Eteri and Evgenia are/were  and because Eteri is the coach for female skaters with the greatest success right now.

But thinking about it, I do understand it.

There are so many powerhouses with Eteri that she shares the rink with every day. It must be extra frustrating to see girls doing quads around her now that she is injured and can only glide.

And I think she enjoys interacting with foreign skaters. With Eteri, she is the oldest, while she wouldn't be with a coach like Orser. Instead of being big sis all the time, she would have more adult skaters who can be role models for skating when you are no longer in your teens.

Part of me was thinking that changing countries would be good for her too. I know, sounds crazy and it won't happen, but considering the number of strong youngsters coming up in Russia, and the desire for the next hot young thing there, it could be exceptionally hard for her to make it to Beijing for Russia. It is a cold, hard fact. No one has a crystal ball, of course, but it is hard to make that team even as a teenager... imagine as a 22 year old. 

51 minutes ago, Mactalla said:

Yes. That's new wierd rumor (Jenya is half-armenian). Personally I think it's ludicrous.

I guess she could use it as a bargaining chip..  does she need Rusfed’s permission when choosing a coach? 🤔

@cirelle yes, she does but she won't use that; there are other things to bargain with. 

She won't change countries, she's way too proud to be Russian.

And go Tukt! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: I am so glad she's getting support from the right people; she's going to need it!

2 минуты назад, Xen сказал:

So Yagudin has commented, but TAT has not.  Waiting for TAT to comment.

Not sure if it was posted, but TAT actually refused to comment.

"I'm hearing this for the first time. You'd better ask Medvedeva and Tutberidze. I won't comment anything".

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1062850715.html

I think, TAT wants to speak with Eteri and Zhenya first, to understand what's going on. But I'm sure she will comment afterwards.

You know, all this talk of how Zhenya wanted to upgrade her tech even over a year ago - I remember an old interview with her where she laughed at said she won't go for a 3A because the axel is not her jump, but she'd go for a 4S. It was pretty long ago, definitely many months. I think around last off season. I thought she wasn't working on it because she didn't want to destabilise anything before the Olys. Now I'm wondering.