2018/19 Coaching changes

4 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Wouldn't it be a work permit? Though this time, if full time especially, won't it be a student visa?

There probably is a separate one for athletes, but I can't bother to check at 3 am. 

Just now, yuzuangel said:

I'm gonna take this moment and appreciate how Brian was able to handle having two champions skate under the same coach in the same rink and still treat them both with all the care and support they needed. As we can see, it's not as easy as it looks.

We need to get that TCC gift project started properly. Maybe it could function as smelling salts. 

I am very pleased about this :peek:Hopefully, her new coach will help her grow even more as a skater, because I definitely do believe staying with Eteri will cause her growth to stagnate. She's already improved so much compared to when she became a senior, and I have no doubt she still has a lot more left in her!

35 minutes ago, Xen said:
  Hide contents

Who gets shipped with him more often? It's definitely not Daleman or Lil'bet. And who does he openly giggle, exchange mugs/gifts with? It's also not Daleman or Lil'bet. 

Honestly, I just broke this on wechat and that some speculations are that she's moving to BOrser, and even the guys in my rink wechat group are going "Oh, she's dating him? Is she following for love?" :13877886: Someone's not getting help on his axels tomorrow at practice. 

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Spoiler

Both creepy and invasive shippers and hardcore yuzu stans who will attack her for breathing in his general direction will make it hard if she goes to TCC, ugh. 

Fascinating to read @Yatagarasu's insight into media narrative though - I don't know any dynamics of Russian media but it sounds like she played them very well. 

She did need to do something and it had to happen now. She needs to grow and that won't happen if she stays where she is... and being eclipsed daily at home by younger skaters better than you are is also a bit hard to take. She is no longer tops in the yard at home. Changing her style ( with new choreographers too) and distancing herself from the pack at home is smart and had to be done now to salvage her future. I applaud her for understanding her situation and taking control of it. 

Oh no. Not Orser...