2018/19 Coaching changes

3 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Orzel is not a full time TCC member, that was false info at the start.

I know he was mainly training with Lee Barkell, not with Orser, much like Gaby, but Conrad didn't actually move full time to TCC? 

I'm not an enormous Jason fan - he reminds me of a friend's Labrador puppy and I'm a cat person- but I hope he manages to settle his coaching situation satisfactorily.  I don't think the drifting around did many favours to Patrick Chan the last three years, he seemed directionless and I think if there had been a person who could have given him some plain speaking help (though I'm not sure he would have been open to it) he might have fared better.  I wouldn't like to see Jason go adrift.

I'm kind of curious about Derick Delmore, Anthony Liu and Alex Ouriashev. Is there no way of hiring them as assistant coaches with a more renowned coach to make a good team? 

As for TAT, I guess there is no way she'd ever consider coming out of retirement is there? 

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

I'm kind of curious about Derick Delmore, Anthony Liu and Alex Ouriashev. Is there no way of hiring them as assistant coaches with a more renowned coach to make a good team? 

As for TAT, I guess there is no way she'd ever consider coming out of retirement is there? 

She said no, it’s no good for her health.... 

11 minutes ago, Fay said:

Ok, this seems to be official already - Eteri and Zhenya split up. But I won’t be surprised if this is denied. 

Brian Orser is named as one of the candidates for coaching her. 

https://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/Figurnoe_katanie/spbnews_NI849284_Medvedeva_prekrashhajet_sotrudnichestvo_s_Tutberidze

TCC inbox must be flooded. 

On a side note, there are so many skaters who supposedly are going to TCC, one or 2 of them must be false. 

At this point, the only ones that I may somewhat believe are a) Boyang to TCC for the short term (he also posted something on his weibo about the last time he can stroll down the center street in his hometown), simply because Zhao has already stated the intention of CSA, it's only an issue of whether BOrser accepts,  and when that d*mn Canadian Visa comes in. Or b) Wakaba to TCC, even if just a short term. 

Frankly, I just don't see RusFed and CanFed sitting cozily with Gabby and Med together on the same icesheet. That's less likely than Skate Canada and CSA having tea together (if that age requirement thing passes, would Gogolev still be eligible for 2022?). 

9 minutes ago, valkyrie said:

wow! i really hope this works out well for zhenya. 

Same, if this is really true, good lords. I know she's very strong for her age, but some of the issues that may arise are...There's still a part of me wondering if this news is just a rehash of the rumors coming out of forums. 

Zhenya’s manager works for Match TV, the site that published it. 

Eteri’s group in vk closed down the comments function. They have been deleting Zhenya materials and banning people for asking questions for days now. Which is what raised concern, as there was a similar pattern of behaviour before Julia left. 

3 minutes ago, Fay said:

CMHJulzWUAEqep3.jpg

I don't think that's enough popcorn for us. We've got at least 2 more weeks until May 21st, and we need more when the speculation of new coaches start. 

Almost forgot:

-Prepare more in case Zhenya moves to TCC

-Prepare more in case Zhenya does not move to TCC.

1 minute ago, Xen said:

I don't think that's enough popcorn for us. We've got at least 2 more weeks until May 21st, and we need more when the speculation of new coaches start. 

Oh, I think they’re going to have to move their butts faster than that now. But we’ll let in new people into the discussion only if they bring their own popcorn!