Guess the New Programs! (and win nothing if you do)

I love all of Yuzu's skating.....his SPs with Jeff Buttle are all favourites.   Seimei and H+L (his own music selections) are absolutely outstanding!

His costumes are delightful....and he has his own style...he walks his own path.

On 4/19/2019 at 7:27 PM, Sombreuil said:

@liv I am saying this in a totally non confrontational spirit - you don’t want the ‘signature moves’ - fair enough - so what do you think should replace them?

It would be wonderful if he were to create some new favourites. I personally really liked the hydroblade leap combo he brought out this year. 

6 minutes ago, Indiiea said:

I would love to see more of the Y spiral...  that said, a question since I have no clue: would a spiral be useful in a competitive program or is it more for an ex?

He could use it in the choreo sequence but it won't really gain him any points.  If judges actually followed the guidelines, it should up his transition score since they're more difficult than simple turns/crossovers while waving your arms around or, depending where they are, his GOE's but realistically, he'd just make his program more difficult while getting no credit.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Coquelicot said:

Thinking back to the video of Yuzu dancing along to Uptown Funk during a practice, and I would actually love it if he did it for the short program.  I think it would decease many a fanyu.  

i think the reason why yuzu isn't doing a lot of upbeat program is because it would cause too many deaths. he's being considerate :LOL:

• 4 weeks later...

Is Zigeunerweisen the ONLY true classical music he ever had for a senior FS? :notamused:

It was his first senior ss, and next is 10th anniversary, nothing better than another classical piece to celebrate. It sounds old and typical, but given that he didn't have a classic FS since forever and how no one can do it better than him, he should consider. Plsss Yuzu :cri:

(well I just encountered V/M's FD of Symphony no.5 in Vancouver and it was INCREDIBLY beautiful so it came up in my head.....)

47 minutes ago, monchan said:

Is Zigeunerweisen the ONLY true classical music he ever had for a senior FS? :notamused:

It was his first senior ss, and next is 10th anniversary, nothing better than another classical piece to celebrate. It sounds old and typical, but given that he didn't have a classic FS since forever and how no one can do it better than him, he should consider. Plsss Yuzu :cri:

(well I just encountered V/M's FD of Symphony no.5 in Vancouver and it was INCREDIBLY beautiful so it came up in my head.....)

Chopin isn't classical? And what with Etiude or Otoñal?

3 hours ago, monchan said:

The only old classical music is Zigeunerweisen, yes. But there is not only that. Hope & Legacy is mostly modern classical. I'd also love to see him perform to something classical whether it's more contemporary or older (for example a Russian composition from the romantic or modernist era would be nice :)

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

Chopin isn't classical? And what with Etiude or Otoñal?

Otonal is easy listening, or it's also called 'mood music' - which I think is a good description when I think of this song, it's so atmospheric and has a certain, melancholic mood.