Guess the New Programs! (and win nothing if you do)

6 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

I hope he doesn't keep Otonal (well, either program). It was the weaker of his two programs this season.

I thought a lot of people preferred it to Origin? I like both but the interpretation and  step sequence were better, imo.

I personally want him to ditch both but if it has to be one then Origin since it hasnt been clean yet. Otonal was almost clean. 

1 minute ago, makebelieveup said:

I like both but the interpretation and  step sequence were better, imo.

Origin was able to present him better. Otonal's interpretation is far airier than what it should be, especially in the step sequence, which, while technically brilliant, doesn't respect the weighed-down, yet fulfilling, quality of the music at that point, and his skating is a little too "perfect" there. Weir's Otonal had it down pat.

10 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Origin was able to present him better. Otonal's interpretation is far airier than what it should be, especially in the step sequence, which, while technically brilliant, doesn't respect the weighed-down, yet fulfilling, quality of the music at that point, and his skating is a little too "perfect" there. Weir's Otonal had it down pat.

I'm not sure what you mean there. But I thought it was not only technically brilliant but also musically brilliant. His movements matched every single beat and the rising and falling of the notes. By airier, do you mean he was too light on his steps? If so, I simply thought it perfectly matched the overrall temperament of the program. But thats just my take of his skating at that point. I feel like the step sequence for Chopin and music at that part fit to present the weighed down quality better. Oh also I never watched Johnny's Otonal more than once so I couldnt compare and probably will choose not to. 

9 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Keeping Origin would be a first. He never kept his LP two seasons in a row. Tbh, I'd like him to ditch them both, too, I'm not very fond of either one of it due to the reactions of his idols. They don't deserve it. Just MO.

This tbh. But then when I read what he said before Worlds, I feel like since then he was skating it from a place for himself. regardless, theyre still tributes so I think lets leave them behind if possible

Otonal was the first program I saw him perform in person... The step sequence is like a dream, that dramatic beginning when he throws himself into it and then suddenly it's at the end and it's like a magic spell ended and you woke up... That was my impression, haha. I loved it. I thought if he'd keep one it would be Origin since he couldn't perform it to it's full potential due to injury. But I'd love to see two new programs. I dunno what to pick... but let's do some wild guesses to cover all bases to win nothing.  As I got no clue what to pick that hasn't been said here already, I went to a random song generator and now got some daring music choices! :xD:

SP: Rage Against The (ISU) Machine - Killing In The Name 

An interesting pick.....

FS - Alexander Scriabin - Symphony No.1 in E-major, Op.26

EX: Linking Park - In the end. Now I'm having flashbacks to AMV's I watched about ten years ago....  :hihi:

Thanks random music generators (https://www.randomlists.com/random-songs & https://classicalmusiconly.com), I had very fun imagining skating to some of the songs, hehe. Now I almost want to guess even more programs. Also, I was was watching some of my videos I took in Helsinki practice lately and I've got a video of Yuzu skating around while Boyang's FS music is playing and one where he jumps just as the techno part of what I think is Jun's R&J begins, so another wild guess! Either of those kinds of music haha. I also imagine a black swan EX. Make it a triology! Here the most fun part is imagining the costume though :10636614:

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

Keeping Origin would be a first. He never kept his LP two seasons in a row. Tbh, I'd like him to ditch them both, too, I'm not very fond of either one of it due to the reactions of his idols. They don't deserve it. Just MO.

I guess I missed something? What did they say?

28 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Plushenko said in an interview that he didn't know that Origin was a tribute to him and he don't understand Yuzu's angle in the program and Weir's reaction wasn't that good either. 

I thought Johnny's reaction to Otonal was great or did you mean what he commented on Nathan's after US nationals?

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Plushenko said in an interview that he didn't know that Origin was a tribute to him and he don't understand Yuzu's angle in the program and Weir's reaction wasn't that good either. 

wow, I didn't know that. He's supposed to be a friend of Yuzuru, but it looks like he doesn't follow him at all?

I think Yuzu should do two new programs next season. If he does keep a program, I'd prefer him to keep Otonal. Even though his interpretation of Origin was great, I think it doesn't suit him that well. But maybe that's just my feeling because we never saw Origin at its full potential and Yuzu performing in top form.

I do love Haru Yo Koi, though. It's just so perfect for him. And I'd love for Yuzu to keep that next season.

I think Yuzu should try out new styles of music. I've been thinking for a while that Exogenesis Symphony Part 3 by Muse would be awesome for him. I'm sure he'd turn it into an absolute masterpiece. Even watching him practising to Muse in this edit is mesmerizing.

I've also been envisioning Yuzu skating to empire of Angels. It's so dramatic and utterly epic. Yuzu would also create a msterpiece with his music.

21 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

I think Yuzu should do two new programs next season. If he does keep a program, I'd prefer him to keep Otonal. Even though his interpretation of Origin was great, I think it doesn't suit him that well. But maybe that's just my feeling because we never saw Origin at its full potential and Yuzu performing in top form.

I do love Haru Yo Koi, though. It's just so perfect for him. And I'd love for Yuzu to keep that next season.

I think Yuzu should try out new styles of music. I've been thinking for a while that Exogenesis Symphony Part 3 by Muse would be awesome for him. I'm sure he'd turn it into an absolute masterpiece. Even watching him practising to Muse in this edit is mesmerizing.

I've also been envisioning Yuzu skating to empire of Angels. It's so dramatic and utterly epic. Yuzu would also create a msterpiece with his music.

Zhenya is doing it next season! lol

He will do whatever he wants, but I hope it’s two new ones.  Enough tribute.  I’d like an upbeat short and a non warhorse classical long - been listening to Schubert lately and enjoying it though possibly a better fit for P/C than Yuzuru.