Guess the New Programs! (and win nothing if you do)

4 minutes ago, wingman said:

I dunno about Firebird, that's such a warhorse. After seeing Machida doing it, I'm somehow convinced that it's a bad choice for anyone. The music is cool though (but even then it's such a warhorse for orchestras).

Good memory on the interview. I remember somewhere that he said he would like Jazz in one of the past off seasons... (can't find it right now, should have bookmarked it). 

He said after Boston he'd like to try something like Javi's Guys and Dolls, too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, SparkleSalad said:

:peekapooh: You know, I think I'd rather a tango SP after all but I'll wait until tomorrow. 

You know after tomorrow, you'll fall in love with his programs and decide, maybe a tango can wait.

does the music for the FS qualify for this prediction?

On 5/15/2018 at 5:43 PM, LadyLou said:

FS: something chosen by Zu, epic/dramatic with some soft moments [snip snip]

:pouty:

*frantically trying to salvage what she can* :headdesk:

AND I've also said

On 5/15/2018 at 5:43 PM, LadyLou said:

SP: [snip snip] all of us will go "really???" but then he will prove everyone [snip snip] he can do it. :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: Choreo by Jeff, of course. Crazily fast stsq incomig (please Zu don't trip)

*cherry-picking quotes to look super-smug* :gla:

c'mon, all of this is worth at least half a successfull guess!:dancingpooh::dancingpooh::dancingpooh::dancingpooh::dancingpooh:

*finally admitting defeat*

I still need to work harder to become a better fanyu:Poohgaveup:

but seriously, trollzuzu trolled everyone despite having dropped hints for months...or years :darklordyuzu:

Not the actual music, but I did guess what Yuzu's plan may be a while back  :biggrin:

On 3/3/2018 at 1:03 PM, Neenah said:

I expect Yuzu to either stick to his mission of introducing new music to FS and going for something totally different (most likely Japanese), or he may start checking things of his list of music others skated to that he liked (could be war horses or something his favorite skaters did before)

I personally would love it if he continued skating to Japanese music for the free and tried fun or edgy programs for the short

• 7 months later...
5 hours ago, Katt said:

Finally the season is over, and we will see Yuzuru next week. I think there should be a thread to predict his music/program next season too.  

I think it's easiest to revive this thread here  :winky:

Last season I got Nijinsky right, so I will be more careful with my predictions this time :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Spoiler

I do not think that he will completely say goodbye to Otonal and Origin. However, I'm not sure, if he plans to recycle them this season or freeze them until THE TIME HAS COME (you know: biggest arsenal of jumps, finest skills and Yuzu being Yuzu, boom bang). I think originally he planned to skate just one (or two) more seasons, but in Saitama his to-do-list has grown drastically, so he might have some additional time to polish his skating and upgrade these programs. It seems like unfinished business in both cases and I'm sure he wants to pay tribute to his idols in Yuzu-style at Yuzu-standards and celebrate them with a big Yuzu-party.

So we might see something new next season. I have no clue what it could be, but from a practical point of view it has to fit the following criteria:

1. The programs should not be too demanding in terms of power, speed and stamina like Origin. If Yuzu wants to experiment with new quads, it has to be a music piece with more recovery sections and breathing rooms (especially in the free).
2. The FS piece has to fit a judging-friendly layout regarding melody, rhythm and build-up (big solo quads at the beginning, breathing room, striking step sequence, big combos in the second half and spins/choreo seq at the end)
3. I think it would be smart to leave the comfort zone and add something new that we haven't seen in his choreos yet like a longer (Y?-)spiral/other moves or a new style altogether. The judges seem to like programs with familiar dancing styles like latin (flamenco/Passo, salsa), standard (tango, waltz) or hip hop/modern dance. Yuzu's LGC mostly received very high marks despite mistakes (maybe a bit slower and less exhausting would be helpful at this point :laughing:)
4. I know that Hydroblading and Ina Bauer are very important to him, but it might give the judges a feeling of "Yuzuru-I-can-only-do-Ina-and-Hydro-Hanyu" after so many repeats even with different arm-positions etc. What do you think? Should he keep/reduce/skip them in competition? I love these moves, but I fear that people could get tired of them... 

7 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I think it's easiest to revive this thread here  :winky:

Last season I got Nijinsky right, so I will be more careful with my predictions this time :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Hide contents

I do not think that he will completely say goodbye to Otonal and Origin. However, I'm not sure, if he plans to recycle them this season or freeze them until THE TIME HAS COME (you know: biggest arsenal of jumps, finest skills and Yuzu being Yuzu, boom bang). I think originally he planned to skate just one (or two) more seasons, but in Saitama his to-do-list has grown drastically, so he might have some additional time to polish his skating and upgrade these programs. It seems like unfinished business in both cases and I'm sure he wants to pay tribute to his idols in Yuzu-style at Yuzu-standards and celebrate them with a big Yuzu-party.

So we might see something new next season. I have no clue what it could be, but from a practical point of view it has to fit the following criteria:

1. The programs should not be too demanding in terms of power, speed and stamina like Origin. If Yuzu wants to experiment with new quads, it has to be a music piece with more recovery sections and breathing rooms (especially in the free).
2. The FS piece has to fit a judging-friendly layout regarding melody, rhythm and build-up (big solo quads at the beginning, breathing room, striking step sequence, big combos in the second half and spins/choreo seq at the end)
3. I think it would be smart to leave the comfort zone and add something new that we haven't seen in his choreos yet like a longer (Y?-)spiral/other moves or a new style altogether. The judges seem to like programs with familiar dancing styles like latin (flamenco/Passo, salsa), standard (tango, waltz) or hip hop/modern dance. Yuzu's LGC mostly received very high marks despite mistakes (maybe a bit slower and less exhausting would be helpful at this point :laughing:)
4. I know that Hydroblading and Ina Bauer are very important to him, but it might give the judges a feeling of "Yuzuru-I-can-only-do-Ina-and-Hydro-Hanyu" after so many repeats even with different arm-positions etc. What do you think? Should he keep/reduce/skip them in competition? I love these moves, but I fear that people could get tired of them... 

I totally agree, I I hope that he would have another choreographer for long program (I am sorry Shae-lynn, I love your programs, I just want Yuzu to have something new and fresh, and I want Yuzu have a less complex program so he wouldn't be so tired because of transition, step and so)

13 minutes ago, Kim Nhung said:

I totally agree, I I hope that he would have another choreographer for long program (I am sorry Shae-lynn, I love your programs, I just want Yuzu to have something new and fresh, and I want Yuzu have a less complex program so he wouldn't be so tired because of transition, step and so)

Didn't she also choreograph for Nathan? I think she can do less complex if they wanted that. :tumblr_m9gcveIckR1qzckow:

I love Shae & Jeff's styles very much... but I can also get on-board with trying a different style as well. 

Tbh I don't mind if Yuzuru stick with Jeff and Shae Lyn. The thing is Yuzuru trust and very open with them . And they clearly respect and welcome any input and idea from him - a thing that quite rare for top choreographers. Especially Shae, she's willing to study and does choreo for any music he bring to her. He could try new style with them as he did a couple of times before, and imo they're capable of something new and fresh as well. The main thing about new choreographer is a different range of movement/approach but I think he should try out an EX first before competitive program. He's back from injuries, has alot of thing to do with tech content, its better for him to stick with those whose he feel comfortable. 

As for hydroblading and Ina Bauer, its all fine as long as it fit to the music. The 1st version of Origin used these moves as transitions but it got change after 4T3A come. I dont mind seeing those movement if its well done, like Satoko and Jason often did sprial in their chsq. With 30 sec less, I think we won't see any Seimei -like chsq in anytime soon. Tbh I don't think judges care about these thing. 

I'm reading a book about anime and there's so many wonderful OSTs. I hope he would choose japanese music/composer for next season.