Guess the New Programs! (and win nothing if you do)

On 5/15/2018 at 5:43 PM, LadyLou said:

EX: I would so love something upbeat and fun, but I'm betting on the SP for that and Worlds will be in Japan so for EX I'd bet on some soft japanese tune that will make me melt in a puddle. Choreo by ????????, maybe Kenji again, or some other choreographer.

WE WIN THE GLORY!!!!!! :darklordyuzu:

I'm surprised we still don't have 100% confirmation, c'mon Jpn media don't troll us poor fans :squishedPooh:

On 5/20/2018 at 5:54 PM, KatjaThera said:

I absolutely hate guessing, but after going through these posts, I felt like expressing some... opinions lol

For the SP, I expect him to continue with Jeff and lean towards something more upbeat, or at least very dynamic and full of energy. (I also still have a half-serious dream of a Bolero remake, though Yuzu in a costume like that again would be a mass murder weapon, I think...) (Oh and I loved that white shirt and tie idea... as long as the die is either partly undone or the knot is by someone else :P)

For the LP, I'd love something dark, but in a way, that fits the POTO pattern too well and I'm not sure he'll want that. Something Japanese would also make sense, but he might also want to experiment and surprise. So it's hard to say. Shae will probably be here to stay. Since she lets him get away with all his crazy ideas lol

One thing I tend to believe is that for both SP and LP, he's likely to do songs that have never been done before and maybe try to push the boundaries of FS. He's said, about Seimei, he wanted to skate to something no one has done before and I think that might be one of his goals from now on.

(On the other hand, he could also want to take warhorses and own them lol)

For EX, I'd love LGC, but I wouldn't be surprised by a medley of programs, or different medleys, by themes (Japanese theme, warhorse theme, classical theme etc.). I'd love something where he can just go out and have fun, though. Choreo... anyone's guess. I'd love it if he tried something himself. I think by now he might have enough experience to pull it off - and we know he's 'arranged' his own programs before.

I don't think Yuzu would do a warhorse. If he really wanted to do one, he would have done it already.

I want something with the vibe of Sing Sing Sing or From Russia with Love...Yuzu in a tie would be amazing but he'll probably bedazzle it in some way knowing him :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

1 hour ago, dotsquare said:

I want something with the vibe of Sing Sing Sing or From Russia with Love...Yuzu in a tie would be amazing but he'll probably bedazzle it in some way knowing him :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Yes, this is exactly what I am hoping for   

After CiONTU I kept watching these two performance over and over thinking how great it would be if he skated to something like that with his current skills   :10636614:

I may have considered spamming Jeff social media accounts with those videos to give him a hint (or a hit on the head, whichever works)  :P

I said J-pop/J-rock for an EX and smth. Japanese for FS. Seem like I wasn't close enough :xD:

Now I'd bet for dramatic classic or OST for FS (it's more wishful thinking anyway) but still will not put it past him to have two Japanese music programmes :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I said J-pop/J-rock for an EX and smth. Japanese for FS. Seem like I wasn't close enough :xD:

Now I'd bet for dramatic classic or OST for FS (it's more wishful thinking anyway) but still will not put it past him to have two Japanese music programmes :rolleyes:

Yeah, I miss programs like Hello I Love You and Vertigo :( not the trashbag pants or the awkward hip move in Vertigo though

But he did rock with LGC so I think for this SP he's going to go with another new genre. Just a niggling feeling I have.

And yeah, I think the FS is going to be dramatic. Or maybe it'll be quiet in the vein of H&L, but since Haru Yo Koi has a similar vibe I think it's less likely.

I can't wait for Mr. Hanyu throwing smt completely random that makes my mouth wide open=)))

I don't think he'd want a warhorse like POTO for this post Oly-season (bad memory throwback). I would want the Jpn them streak continues, with different styles than what he did but I can't imagine which style.

For SP, my bet is smt upbeat and cool, with style like PW or LGC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2018 at 3:58 AM, CupidsBow said:

SP - Probably something Jazzy and fun -

FS - ?????? 

Ex - Something rock and fun! (Let Go or afraid to be cool by Miyavi would be rad)

Oh my goodness.. this is unrelated programs, but I've just seen your data spreadsheets and let me just say that they are absolutely INSANE!!! You're incredible omg I'm going to just stare at them for hours 

On 6/25/2018 at 5:17 AM, dotsquare said:

Exactly! I keep thinking about how, in CiONTU, he said Sing Sing Sing was his favorite program. (At least that's how I remember it.) I'd love to see him take on a jazz standard just dripping with sly, understated sensuality -- he would totally crush it!

I just remember in Ms Noriko Shirota's book (partly translated here), Yuzu intended to re-use LGC for Oly season first before getting others' advice and settling w Chopin.

From the translation:

What music should he choose for the Olympics? Hanyu started thinking about it after the 2016-2017 season ended. Despite the fact that he won the World Championships, he felt he had left things to improve in the short program, Prince’s “Let’s Go Crazy”, so he said to me, “I will do it perfectly next season!”

Men, Idk if he's still kuyashii about it... Cuz there's no Oly pressure now he might want to perfect things he hasn't completed in the past? It depends if he's still bitter about it :darklordyuzu:

3 hours ago, monchan said:

I just remember in Ms Noriko Shirota's book (partly translated here), Yuzu intended to re-use LGC for Oly season first before getting others' advice and settling w Chopin.

From the translation:

Men, Idk if he's still kuyashii about it... Cuz there's no Oly pressure now he might want to perfect things he hasn't completed in the past? It depends if he's still bitter about it :darklordyuzu:

The layout works for the new rules. o_O And if he wants to play it semi-safe and have more recovery time, it's not a bad idea. 

I don't think it has anything with recovery time. He had 2 new programs in 16/17 season when his recovery was much slower. He repeated Chopin in Olys season when he's healthy at the beginning. Its  depend on his approach this season. I think Yuzuru might want to have a new start when the olys is over so my guess is 2 brand new programs. My only wish is not tango this time. 

I dunno about Firebird, that's such a warhorse. After seeing Machida doing it, I'm somehow convinced that it's a bad choice for anyone. The music is cool though (but even then it's such a warhorse for orchestras).

Good memory on the interview. I remember somewhere that he said he would like Jazz in one of the past off seasons... (can't find it right now, should have bookmarked it).