2017/18 Retirements

Since announcements are coming out and there're usually plenty of retirements post Olympic season, we thought we'd put all of the info into one thread, with a place to chat.

Some of the names already known

Elladj Balde

Patrick Chan

Dylan Moscovitch (Lubov hasn't decided)

Alex Benoit

Misha Ge

Takahito Mura

and others, please feel free to add any names. No news on Han Yan yet, guess we wait.

Cappellini/Lanotte probably too, but they have not officially announced anything yet. They only said they're taking time to think about it but they've been hinting about a retirement since the start of the season, so I think they will most likely retire.

19 minutes ago, singermelodie1 said:

So is javi retiring?

No, he'll be doing some Senior Bs and Europeans so officially, he's not yet retiring. 

@ralucutzagy nothing official but I imagine so?

@Rora1608 yes, considering how Worlds ended, I'd say it's a sure thing and I imagine we'll get an announcement soon.

I'd say the other certain names are Bobrova/Soloviev, Tobias/Tkachenko, Agafonova/Ucar for ice dance, and also Bychenko and Majorov have reportedly spoken of this being their last season... Reynolds seems to have quit, too? Also, hard to imagine Ten continuing but no official announcement so far.

13 hours ago, surimi said:

Agafonova/Ucar for ice dance

Already announced that one - clicky

I do like to wait for official retirements, but yes, Rippon is very likely done. I wonder about Ashley, as she worded her little announcement of a break differently in two different places, so we'll see.