Mock judging panel

13 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Same thing for me and Gabby xD 

Yes, that's what happened to me - now I have three GP China 17/18 events, two with my judging and one with the elements of all the girls :c 

Sorry if I'm thick, but where should I export what? I mean okay exporting my judging, and then in the code of my judging, I should "copy/paste" the other girl's TP elements?

One way to do it would be to

1) export your judging (rename the file so you know it's your judging)

2) open it in an editor

3) look for the part of the code dedicted to the girls you already judged. You have to do it for all of them individually. Eg. start with Wakaba. The part dedicated to her starts with

{"name":"Wakaba HIGUCHI"

and ends with

"elementOrder":[0,1,2,3,4,5,6]}}

(it ends the same for all girls.)

4) copy it

5) open the file I sent you and find Wakaba's code again. Erase that part of the code

6) paste what you copied in 3)

7) repeat for all girls you've judged already

Hope this helps haha

1 minute ago, robin said:

One way to do it would be to

1) export your judging (rename the file so you know it's your judging)

2) open it in an editor

3) look for the part of the code dedicted to the girls you already judged. You have to do it for all of them individually. Eg. start with Wakaba. The part dedicated to her starts with

and ends with

4) copy it

5) open the file I sent you and find Wakaba's code again. Delete it

6) paste what you copied in 3)

7) repeat for all girls you've judged already

Hope this helps haha

I think I got it! I hope there's gonna be an alternate solution in the future though, or I want my informatics degree HAHAHAHA 

Just now, Murieleirum said:

I think I got it! I hope there's gonna be an alternate solution in the future though, or I want my informatics degree HAHAHAHA 

If you can make this work you're basically a certified hacker :2thumbsup: hahah

Okay so I've done judging both Elizaveta and Marin c: 

Tbh I was thinking about Worlds in Helsinki. Judges started laying low with the Goe's and PCS and underscored Yuzuru's World Record, but then went on to be generous with the last ones of the group (Shoma and Javi). Maybe I don't feel this way because I've been judging the ladies separately and taking my time with it, but... I just don't feel the concept "because he/she is the first of the group, I can't give high votes". I mean, on the contrary, if I see a performance that's particularily brilliant, I'll use that as a reference for the performances I'll see later, and if they'll stand the comparison, I'll reward them as well, and if they don't, then they don't deserve such a high score. But the order doesn't influence me at all. How hard can it be to only judge what you see on the ice? A brilliant performance is a brilliant performance, no matter the placement order??? For example, Deniss was terribly underscored at Worlds in Milan. Max and Angelo were giving him at least 85 (and hoping for more) in PCS, and he got 83. That's like, ridiculous if you compare it to Chen's usual PCS. Deniss was brilliant, perfect, his Skating Skills impressive, his Interpretation of the music spot on (there was no reason NOT to give him an excellent mark, even a 10). Only Transitions maybe could have been better. 

Sorry, small rant. 

12 hours ago, Xen said:

*sigh* Am I starting to reach Shin Amano levels yet?

BGIbHtV.jpg

(x)

Image training. Look at that decisive pointing! And stylish scarf. 

Joking aside, I am really enjoying the discussions here, especially on SS since I still don’t quite understand how to evaluate, and look forward to seeing the end result! :clap:

19 minutes ago, Xen said:

Hmm, in slow mo no longer looks hopped gimme a min, I actually don't recall seeing that many hopped counters/rockers in ladies, but I do recall having loops picked out in my notes. 

Ahhhh sorry I’m causing confusion again :headdesk:

I was talking about turns in general, not saying that I’ve seen many hopped turns at CoC.

Especially with rockers and counters, I’m only able to notice their presence in normal speed, but I can’t even tell the type of turns without super slow motion and drawing draft, let alone their quality. So I kinda curious how tech panel can suspect a turn during stsq and judge the level? Yuzu’s stsq in SEIMEI at Olympics was given greenlight first, then they marked yellow light for review after he finished, so I think the tech panel may have spotted sth off and wanted to review. 

ETA: edit to rephrase

Hi guys, I'm also done with Mai. I'm guessing you guys want Dabin? If yes, can I get that tomorrow? Got to get up in 6 hours. =)

For steps etc, you guys can check out Alice:  part 1, part 2

Personally, for turns, the really difficult ones are kind of easy, if you remember 2 things-what 3 turns and brackets look like, ideally both backward and forwards versions. Now-Rockers are 3 turns, only the skater forms a figure S from entry to exit, and counters are just brackets that form a figure S shape from entry to exit.  At least that's how I look at it. =)

For those wondering what a hopped step would look like, from my notes, this from Tuktuk-check around 2:16 ish-notice how she rises and is on her toes before she exits the loop, I suspect this is a problematic loop, since she has to use the full blade, but she's using the front part, and exiting via the toepick.

@cirelle: why use sad-kicked-puppy-eyes Yuzu? It's making me feel bad when I mark stuff. =(

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Hi guys, I'm also done with Mai. I'm guessing you guys want Dabin? If yes, can I get that tomorrow? Got to get up in 6 hours. =)

For steps etc, you guys can check out Alice:  part 1, part 2

Personally, for turns, the really difficult ones are kind of easy, if you remember 2 things-what 3 turns and brackets look like, ideally both backward and forwards versions. Now-Rockers are 3 turns, only the skater forms a figure S from entry to exit, and counters are just brackets that form a figure S shape from entry to exit.  At least that's how I look at it. =)

For those wondering what a hopped step would look like, from my notes, this from Tuktuk-check around 2:16 ish-notice how she rises and is on her toes before she exits the loop, I suspect this is a problematic loop, since she has to use the full blade, but she's using the front part, and exiting via the toepick.

@cirelle: why use sad-kicked-puppy-eyes Yuzu? It's making me feel bad when I mark stuff. =(

:13877886: Oh noes! I just adored the composititon... and his bone structure. I might have to rethink this. :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

So I've started with Marin and I'm doing her first jumping pass, the 3F<+3T<. Just checking if I am doing it right...

She has two URs so I am giving her -2 for that. And -1 for poor take off, because she picks with her edge instead of her toepick for the flip. And I can't find many bullets to give her?

-She just does a round of crossovers and chasses into the jump so the two entry bullets don't apply.

-No varied airposition.

-Average height/distance

-Could I give her the good extension on landing bullet? She doesn't really do anything difficult there but her extension is good

-Flow is good so I give her that.

-Doesn't feel effortless to me and she pulls her arms in really awkwardly.

-It's not really musical and doesn't accentuate the music (which is more the fault of the music maybe?)

so that leaves me with -3/-2 GOE. Is that about right?

---------------------------------------------------

eta:

On 13.4.2018 at 7:32 PM, Xen said:

StSq notes:

-Choctaw --> LFI rocker --: LBO bracket--> Twizzle--> RBI Loop

Hey @Xen, I just did some steps recognizing practice with Marin's stsq and the turn after the rocker you marked as a bracket seems like a counter to me? She's on her inside edge both before and after the turn + it's counterrotated

eta2: I'm currently crying over Tukt's 3Lz cuz does that preceeding choctaw qualify for the SP single jump requirements? I really don't want to deduct 3 points ;__;

8 hours ago, robin said:

So I've started with Marin and I'm doing her first jumping pass, the 3F<+3T<. Just checking if I am doing it right...

She has two URs so I am giving her -2 for that. And -1 for poor take off, because she picks with her edge instead of her toepick for the flip. And I can't find many bullets to give her?

-She just does a round of crossovers and chasses into the jump so the two entry bullets don't apply.

-No varied airposition.

-Average height/distance

-Could I give her the good extension on landing bullet? She doesn't really do anything difficult there but her extension is good

-Flow is good so I give her that.

-Doesn't feel effortless to me and she pulls her arms in really awkwardly.

-It's not really musical and doesn't accentuate the music (which is more the fault of the music maybe?)

so that leaves me with -3/-2 GOE. Is that about right?

---------------------------------------------------

eta:

Hey @Xen, I just did some steps recognizing practice with Marin's stsq and the turn after the rocker you marked as a bracket seems like a counter to me? She's on her inside edge both before and after the turn + it's counterrotated

eta2: I'm currently crying over Tukt's 3Lz cuz does that preceeding choctaw qualify for the SP single jump requirements? I really don't want to deduct 3 points ;__;

I'm checking over Marin's but I think the choctaw should satisify the 3Lz steps requirement?  The issue with Lutz is that unlike the other jumps, it has a very short setup, so long as you end up on our outside left edge when you lift off, anything could work. o_O

Ah, and for Marin, you are correct, I checked again and you are correct! It is in fact a counter, but it has a problem (and doesn't count) because this is the hopped counter that people were looking for:  see how she gets a little hop off her blades? That's the hopped counter I noted but screwed up marking in my notes. Thanks Robin!

@Xen I do see the gap between blade and the shadow now but I wouldn’t see it if i weren’t looking for it. hard. 

:13877886:I’m often a bit confused with what steps are enough as preceeding steps. But the choctaw is pretty close to the 3Lz so that shouldn’t be a problem. Tukt’s set up isn’t too long. Thanks!

9 hours ago, robin said:

:13877886:I’m often a bit confused with what steps are enough as preceeding steps. But the choctaw is pretty close to the 3Lz so that shouldn’t be a problem. Tukt’s set up isn’t too long. Thanks!

Isn't "only ONE step as preceding movement before solo jump in SP" supposed to be given the -1 deduction? Does this not count for Lutz? 

But I guess that since it's such a marvelous jump (don't remember if it got +2 or +3 from me), the final GOE should still be positive.