Mock judging panel

11 minutes ago, Nuitsuki said:

Ah that sucks...join us next time!

@robin @Murieleirum how did you score GOE for jump?

i showed my friend the scoring and she said i ticked the bullet 5 “good extension on landing” & bullet 1 “difficult/creative entry” too generously :scratch2: 

I'm actually not done yet with all skaters :13877886:I made a quick comparison and I think I scored most skaters similiar to how you did except Marin? I was way less generous with her but that might be bc of my mood that day or bc I am just very biased (sry) and I don't like the overall impression of her jumps so I end up feeling like she doesn't deserve most bullets. I posted how I scored her 3f3t before actually... I ended up only giving her bullet 6 with -2 because both jumps were UR and -1 for poor take off. And I wouldn't give her 7 and 8? The way she pulls her arms in makes the jumps look a bit labored to me and I actually don't see the jump being matched to the music as she doesn't land or take off matched to a musical highlight. I wasn't sure about bullet 5 actually bc her extension isn't bad... I think I rarely gave this bullet. Eg. I'd give it to Wakaba's 2A bc she high-kicks (I swear I am not biased and Yuzu's 3A from LGC is not one of my faves LOL) but what is Marin doing?

While comparing I realized I changed how I score towards the end so I think I need to review my overall scores haha I might do it later today!

btw @Raomina The protocols feature is great! And the .pdf feature! Thank you :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

@robin this is so embarrassing :headdesk2: I misunderstood the bullet “good extension” and “good flow”... I was giving them like candy to everyone, so i need to fix my GOEs.

Re: Marin’s 3F3T. I think her UR weren’t too obvious (like Elena’s who i gave -2 even she only UR one jump in her combo), so I only gave -1 for both, plus -1 for weak take off. Is it how it works :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:?

Marin’s combo look soft to me tho :confused: 

2 minutes ago, Nuitsuki said:

@robin this is so embarrassing :headdesk2: I misunderstood the bullet “good extension” and “good flow”... I was giving them like candy to everyone, so i need to fix my GOEs.

Re: Marin’s 3F3T. I think her UR weren’t too obvious (like Elena’s who i gave -2 even she only UR one jump in her combo), so I only gave -1 for both, plus -1 for weak take off. Is it how it works :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:?

Marin’s combo look soft to me tho :confused: 

Wait I'm not too sure how this bullet works either :13877886:Bc I guess you could say Marin's extension was good?

And I'm also not sure how deductions for URs work... I just thought, she has two URs in one combo so shouldn't she get -2? But Maybe that is reserved for downgrades

Hm I wouldn't argue that the jump isn't soft. Maybe I am also being very strict here...

What I see is a swinging of her arms that makes me feel like she'll go really high but she doesn't and that makes it feel labored to me? Might just be me :13877886:

@robin honestly it wasn’t until i started judging that I understand why there are so much debate going on for GOE scoring. But i guess this is why we need 9 judges to balance out the vagueness and subjectivity.

Maybe someone with better understanding can explain to me more about “good extension”  :sign0009:?

1 hour ago, Nuitsuki said:

@robin @Murieleirum how did you score GOE for jump?

i showed my friend the scoring and she said i ticked the bullet 5 “good extension on landing” & bullet 1 “difficult/creative entry” too generously :scratch2: 

ETA: actually i was very generous...probably I’d score again

I've had a look at Marin's jumps, my GOE for the combo was 0 (good flow from entry to exit, effortless, -1 deduction for the UR call), for the 3Lo was +1 (preceding steps and creative entry), and for the 2A it was +2 (1,2,5,7,8 bullets) c: So as you can see they are not so different after all. 

I think GOE's are subjective up to a point, and it's fine if they vary a little because it's all going to be balanced because we are 9. 

5 minutes ago, Nuitsuki said:

Maybe someone with better understanding can explain to me more about “good extension”  :sign0009:?

I'm not one with better understanding but I can give you my interpretation of it :P Good extension - lines, landing position, landing on an edge/versus landing on the flat blade. Of course, everything is tied with the velocity of it - if you enter and exit a jump with speed, you're probably going to have a nice extension, landing on the edge and just flowing naturally out of the jump c: 

@Murieleirum my friend is stricter, she requires a good running edge/ creative exit/pointing toe to give that bullet. For example, to me Alina’s landing looks good as her body creates good line. But to her it’s not good enough because Alina leans forwards to create the line, which is quite artificial and not pleasing to her eyes. So idk if it was my standards are low or hers are too high :13877886:

5 minutes ago, Nuitsuki said:

@Murieleirum my friend is stricter, she requires a good running edge/ creative exit/pointing toe to give that bullet. For example, to me Alina’s landing looks good as her body creates good line. But to her it’s not good enough because Alina leans forwards to create the line, which is quite artificial and not pleasing to her eyes. So idk if it was my standards are low or hers are too high :13877886:

I see what she means. I gave Alina's 2A a good extension on landing. Yes, she often leans forward, but I don't think it's artificial and 'not pleasing' to the eyes. She extends an arm forward in a decise movement, and I like it. I don't see heaviness in her landing, so I gave her the bullet. In the 3F's case, I didn't give it, probably because I gave all the other bullets and didn't want to be too generous :laughing: 

How did you guys judge Mai though? I can't find @Xen's post with her elements :c I was thinking about adding them manually because I don't want to do the export-import yada yada code thing. 

31 minutes ago, Nuitsuki said:

@Murieleirum i typed the elements manually too. There you go, from @Xen a few pages back:

3Lz3T<

CCoSp4 

FSSp4 

2A x 

3F x 

StSq4 

LSp4 

Thank you! 

Although I've judged all the girls separately, I have to say that I remember the impression that they left me very clearly. I really liked Wakaba and Mihara the best for the SP! Their overall quality really paid off imo. 

If someone's interested, the GOE's for Mai's jumps were: +1 GOE for 3Lz3T<, +1 GOE for 2A, +2 GOE for 3F. I really loved how her spins were timed with the music. 

On 4/23/2018 at 12:18 PM, robin said:

btw @Raomina The protocols feature is great! And the .pdf feature! Thank you :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

No problem! I'm glad you're still using it. I've placed those export buttons into the Options panel as I've been accidentally clicking them myself as I test them. Also, I've been working out the bugs as I go along, so it should be getting better but do let me know if you spot any!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Do you guys have a record of your judge work? As part of our data science project, we would *love* to incorporate your points as an "unbiased" score. (This would help us answer questions like, do judges automatically give out high PCS for high TES program? etc)

By a record I mean a file that you can share with us. :)

At the moment @halley has scraped a lot of data from all sorts of competitions. We have them in giant spreadsheets, element-by-element for each skater, each program. We could add extra columns for *every single element*, one for each of the bullet points. Then you guys can just mark which bullet points are satisfied, and we can tally up the score with a software. 

If we have enough people, we can split up: eg: have 3 judges per element. This way we can create the most awesome TE rescore ever -- *plus* all the data will be analyzed afterwards! (ie: won't go to waste!)