Mock judging panel

I've added the elements to Raomina's app as Xen listed them and here is the exported file:

TBD

You should be able to import it to the app. So far there's Elena, Alina, Waka and Gabby

eta: @Raomina how can I export only the elements without the GOEs?

1 hour ago, robin said:

I've added the elements to Raomina's app as Xen listed them and here is the exported file:

TBD

You should be able to import it to the app. So far there's Elena, Alina, Waka and Gabby

I'm trying to add GOE's and PCS as I write! I've done Alina as of now, but how do I know others see it? I mean I'm not good at using Apps I'm not familiar with so I'm not sure... or do I have to export my judging just as the TP did? 

4 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I'm trying to add GOE's and PCS as I write! I've done Alina as of now, but how do I know others see it? I mean I'm not good at using Apps I'm not familiar with so I'm not sure... or do I have to export my judging just as the TP did? 

Hm I think you can export it? ummm I hope I didn't export my GOEs along with the elements.... Can you see if Gabby/Wakaba have been judged?

4 minutes ago, robin said:

Hm I think you can export it? ummm I hope I didn't export my GOEs along with the elements.... Can you see if Gabby/Wakaba have been judged?

I was just about to write you! I was about to enter Wakabby's scores, but there are yours already :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I was just about to write you! I was about to enter Wakabby's scores, but there are yours already :biggrin:

Oh noooo I've been exposed :rofl: I wasn't going to share my scores at all

15 minutes ago, robin said:

Oh noooo I've been exposed :rofl: I wasn't going to share my scores at all

It's okay, for Wakaba they're pretty similar to mine xDDDDDD

So what should I do, "overwrite" mine over yours and then save? 

4 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

It's okay, for Wakaba they're pretty similar to mine xDDDDDD

So what should I do, "overwrite" mine over yours and then save? 

I think that's the only way to go about it without loosing the rest of your scores hahah

41 minutes ago, robin said:

I think that's the only way to go about it without loosing the rest of your scores hahah

Done! But only the ladies with the elements inserted c: Actually, having the bullet points right there helps (I was keeping the communication 2000 from ISU open anyways), because it becomes clear how objective bullet points are - how they should be given in an objective way. I don't know if a computer will ever be able to assign them (as Ambesi stated a couple of times), but next year, with the GOE's counting more, I hope there will be transparency about it. 

6 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Done! But only the ladies with the elements inserted c: Actually, having the bullet points right there helps (I was keeping the communication 2000 from ISU open anyways), because it becomes clear how objective bullet points are - how they should be given in an objective way. I don't know if a computer will ever be able to assign them (as Ambesi stated a couple of times), but next year, with the GOE's counting more, I hope there will be transparency about it. 

There were so many times where I thought "I know this element deserves this bullet but it looks bad and I don't feel like giving it" although I tried to give bullets when applicable... And ofc there are those bullets like "enhancing the music" or the creativity/originality bullets which are plain subjective. I feel like I am already learning something here because until now I always thought to myself "Why is it so hard to apply GOE right? You just check bullet points, duh"

8 minutes ago, robin said:

There were so many times where I thought "I know this element deserves this bullet but it looks bad and I don't feel like giving it" although I tried to give bullets when applicable... And ofc there are those bullets like "enhancing the music" or the creativity/originality bullets which are plain subjective. I feel like I am already learning something here because until now I always thought to myself "Why is it so hard to apply GOE right? You just check bullet points, duh"

Mmh yeah, I do agree there is some degree of subjectivity, but I guess one should look up criteria to make it as objective as possible? For example, enhancing the music for me is changing positions and moving the hands to the beat of the music (extreme examples, Yuzu's sit spin with fist pumpin LGC, or his hand movements in Chopin's Doughnut spin), putting physical accents to the musical accents, and it has to be very visible. Radionova moves her hands during Camel spin too, but she doesn't do it in the beat of the music, so it doesn't really enhance anything. This is very rare actually. Not only in spins but also jumps. So few elements are perfectly fitted within the music... I'd say Wakaba is the most musical among the ones I've seen in this group so far. She doesn't only follow the rhythm, but also the mood, so the performance becomes dynamic. Most performances are flat from start to finish, although music does provide for some interesting interpretation. 

5 hours ago, robin said:

TBD

eta: @Raomina how can I export only the elements without the GOEs?

I haven't coded an option to do that because the idea was to set up the elements first, share the file and then start judging together. But I can definitely add another option in the future. I have already started writing the parts to merge scores on the web, so after scoring, everyone can send the file to one person who will then upload them together. I'm still trying to debug it but I could update the app and have people try it out.

This has to be done locally because there is no syncing across apps. That would require user authentication which is beyond what I'm able to do now.

9 minutes ago, Raomina said:

I haven't coded an option to do that because the idea was to set up the elements first, share the file and then start judging together. But I can definitely add another option in the future. I have already started writing the parts to merge scores on the web, so after scoring, everyone can send the file to one person who will then upload them together. I'm still trying to debug it but I could update the app and have people try it out.

This has to be done locally because there is no syncing across apps. That would require user authentication which is beyond what I'm able to do now.

Oh that‘s great! Thank you so much for doing all the work 

I think it’s fine to keep on working locally, we‘ll just have to learn to import and export. :) I‘ll just input the elements again in another browser so my judging isn’t mixed in this time haha

36 minutes ago, robin said:

Oh that‘s great! Thank you so much for doing all the work 

I think it’s fine to keep on working locally, we‘ll just have to learn to import and export. :) I‘ll just input the elements again in another browser so my judging isn’t mixed in this time haha

Hi guys, I've got both Tuk and Marin up too. Marin fans, please don't kill me. :13877886: