Major Competitions in Yuzu's Skating Life Streaming Parties

robin

37 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Streaming party sounds fun! I'd join if the timing works for my schedule too. 

I am impatient and cannot usually watch the whole thing. If I see some very wooden performance or too cheesy, I tend to skip...

This time there will be a lively conversation next to the video so that should make it bearable :biggrin:

I hope many of our recent members can join, streaming parties are kinda a tradition on the site since its inception (the first one was the first broadcast of fantasy on ice in makuhari iirc) and it's tons of fun :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

9 hours ago, robin said:

Off-season is coming which means it's time to fill the emptiness with streaming parties :9:

Since there are alot of new fans who may want to understand Yuzu's struggles and the importance of his achievements better @Fay had the idea to make season streaming parties but with a twist. We will be watching the last groups of some major events in Yuzu's skating life instead of just picking out his performances. It will give a much better idea of Yuzu's achievements to watch him in the full context of the mens field of the time, to see where is competitiors were standing in comparison to him, how they fueled him and how he ended up dominating the sport for such a long time. We count on both older fans and newer fans to participate so that it can become a learning experience! (I also count myself as a new fan here because I admittedly have only selectively watched other skaters' programs of earlier seasons and haven't been an FS fan for very long.)

So we thought we would start with Nice 2012 and see what competitions we can find in the following seasons. (If you know of competition uploads of full groups make sure to link them below.)

Since we will be busy for the coming weeks we thought it would be good to start after the parade end of April/beginning of May.

Great idea! I agree especially with the bolded part. When I saw the Patrick vs. Yuzu rivalry thread some time ago I thought this kind of streaming party would help both newer and older fans. I tried to make a list of competitions they compete together with videos but gave up posting it because basically, I don't feel comfortable joining the discussion on this forum as a huge fan of one of them. However, I thought these videos I found at that time might also be fun to watch together? Although these are pre-Nice, you can see the key players at that time at once, and Yuzu is super cute.

GPF 2011

SP (Full)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1962zdcMVgs

FS (Full)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqJUMz5xuwU

15 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Great idea! I agree especially with the bolded part. When I saw the Patrick vs. Yuzu rivalry thread some time ago I thought this kind of streaming party would help both newer and older fans. I tried to make a list of competitions they compete together with videos but gave up posting it because basically, I don't feel comfortable joining the discussion on this forum as a huge fan of one of them. However, I thought these videos I found at that time might also be fun to watch together? Although these are pre-Nice, you can see the key players at that time at once, and Yuzu is super cute.

GPF 2011

SP (Full)

FS (Full)

I actually thought the same yesterday, because I stopped my rewatch at CoR 2011, and next would be GPF 2011 :')

Spoiler

I watched some of SP, it's super confusing to my brain, he's there with Pooh next to Brian, but oh wait, his coach is Nanami Abe 😂

Rf1CfkW.png

He didn't medal at this event thoough so I understand if we'll skip :)

38 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

I actually thought the same yesterday, because I stopped my rewatch at CoR 2011, and next would be GPF 2011 :')

Reveal hidden contents

I watched some of SP, it's super confusing to my brain, he's there with Pooh next to Brian, but oh wait, his coach is Nanami Abe 😂

Rf1CfkW.png

He didn't medal at this event thoough so I understand if we'll skip :)

Yes, he didn't medal here, but it doesn't mean his performances weren't good, and making it to the Final itself was an achievement for him at that time.

However, there are many other important competitions and these videos might have already taken up for discussion and dropped for a reason.

In that case, it's OK. :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

2 hours ago, sweetwater said:

GPF 2011

SP (Full)

FS (Full)

Sure, we can pull this before Nice and since the purpose of these streaming parties will be to give a better idea of Yuzu’s achievements it will lay a good ground to watch a competition first where Yuzu didn’t do as well. 

I’m wondering if we could watch both the GPF and Worlds in one streaming party but that would last around 1h 45min + 3h 30mins which is just too long...

I think what we could do different this off-season is instead of watching the same thing twice every weekend we could watch GPFs on Saturdays and Worlds’ on Sundays? (That’s of course if we can find all the videos for each season)

18 hours ago, kaeryth said:

/whisper/ if you have enough people maybe you can also try your hand at re-scoring + having a tech panel :meditationf:

You know I would love a project like that but it might be a tad bit too much to do it along with the streaming parties, especially since the rules in the 11-14 quad were so different we could probably only score recent competitions anyway. How about making a separate project in Knickknacks for that so we're not only bound by men's events? I actually remember there were discussions to do a planet judging/technical panel before so we could revive that

I personally couldn't actively join bc I am far from knowledgable enough but I would love to learn from the sides. :)

• 4 weeks later...