Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Thanks everyone for the feedback! We're looking to do something about the issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. It seems like I'm a bit too late, but can I add my experience regarding the slowness of the site?
During SP, I was visiting this site via Safari and my experience was mostly the same with what LeadenMyr and Neenah said on the previous page. During FS and after that, on the other hand, it wasn't so laggy on Safari but was significantly slow when accessed via Chrome, which I usually use to visit this site on another laptop. Sometime during this weekend, my Chrome was updated and I saw many people on Twitter complaining that Twitter became very slow after the latest Chrome update, so I accessed Twitter via Chrome and found out that I was one of them. So I suspect that in some cases, the slowness of the site was caused by the browser, not the site itself.
Now I'm using Firefox and have no problem navigating this site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for posting your experiences. It was integral in helping us decide what to do next about our server :tumblr_mdpjktkDxp1qdlkyg:

 

The pro-rated cost (since we already spent a couple months on the lower plan) to upgrade to the fastest VPS server plan for the next 21 months was $386.79 USD. Including a LiteSpeed license was an additional $283.65 USD. So we paid a total of $670.44 for the upgrade and hope that it will be fast enough :fingerscrossed: (it was the exact plan we had last season, i.e. during the Olympics). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all! Now that the second competition of the season is over, does anyone have any reports of the site being slow, hard to load/post, or unavailable? I haven't seen anything so far but I might have missed something :) Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Hi all! Now that the second competition of the season is over, does anyone have any reports of the site being slow, hard to load/post, or unavailable? I haven't seen anything so far but I might have missed something :) Thank you!

contrary to ACI, this time I had no issue, all pages loaded fast and I could post, no Planet being offline and making me panic:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

(well, sometimes on mobile after a while spent typing super-long posts it gets stuck and I have to open a new page, but that's me being a snail and using way too many emojis + my phone being...well, a mess:tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp: but Planet works fine on phone most of the time anyway:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:)

:thanks:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Hi all! Now that the second competition of the season is over, does anyone have any reports of the site being slow, hard to load/post, or unavailable? I haven't seen anything so far but I might have missed something :) Thank you!

Not at all, I was on mobile and computer and both worked fine for me at all times! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 12:17 PM, turquoiseblue said:

Yes, everything worked fine! :1497158260_5GOE::1497158260_5GOE: Thank you so much!!! :snpeace:

 

On 11/6/2018 at 11:48 AM, ralucutzagy said:

Everything worked smooth for me, too. No lagging or errors! Thank you! :8232307:

 

On 11/6/2018 at 11:34 AM, LeadenMyr said:

Not at all, I was on mobile and computer and both worked fine for me at all times! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

 

On 11/6/2018 at 10:29 AM, LadyLou said:

contrary to ACI, this time I had no issue, all pages loaded fast and I could post, no Planet being offline and making me panic:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

(well, sometimes on mobile after a while spent typing super-long posts it gets stuck and I have to open a new page, but that's me being a snail and using way too many emojis + my phone being...well, a mess:tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp: but Planet works fine on phone most of the time anyway:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:)

:thanks:

 

great, i'm glad to hear!! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×