Team China

2 minutes ago, Katt said:

Lori keep the same element order for his SP since Spiderman,

She changed it. The Spiderman went 4Lz+3T -> Flying Camel -> 3A -> 4T -> sit spin -> combo spin -> footwork.

She actually kept that for CTHD but changed it to what it currently is even here after he got injured. She should look into what you said with the footwork -> spin, but the footwork apart from the gimmicks interprets the music well (well, the gimmicks do, too, but why not something else there?), so it would be fine if she just looked into putting the flying camel after the 4Lz+3T and removed at least a couple of the gimmicks, IMO.

17 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

She changed it. The Spiderman went 4Lz+3T -> Flying Camel -> 3A -> 4T -> sit spin -> combo spin -> footwork.

She actually kept that for CTHD but changed it to what it currently is even here after he got injured. She should look into what you said with the footwork -> spin, but the footwork apart from the gimmicks interprets the music well (well, the gimmicks do, too, but why not something else there?), so it would be fine if she just looked into putting the flying camel after the 4Lz+3T and removed at least a couple of the gimmicks, IMO.

Sorry my bad. I just remember he often does 2 jump in the first half and the whole 2 spin + stsq. His spin is so so but at least they should try to match it with the music for better GOE. I would wait until GPs to see. There's alot of room for development and I hope he and Lori would work for it. 

2 hours ago, Katt said:

His spin is so so but at least they should try to match it with the music for better GOE. I would wait until GPs to see. There's alot of room for development and I hope he and Lori would work for it. 

Oh I definitely agree. In fact, a lot of programs are probably going to change, so fingers crossed it's mostly for the better!

Guys, qqlive guy is streaming and Boyang is up next. 

4Lz-fell on a forward edge and slid towards board, probably UR, unless he overrotated by half a rotation...(which would mean 5Lz on a way? O_o)

4S- fell...

4Lo(?)- landed...oy vey

popped 4T probably

3A-Lo-2S- uh, his love for the boards is making a comeback

Popped another T....boy won't give up on his 4T no?

Missed this jump, might be a normal 3A?

Spins really slow today. 

Boyang....you can't abandon all your other jumps just to play with the new toy 4Lo. 

I think the program has potential, and it's got more latin flair than many other latin programs out there. I can see where Kurt's influence is...but today's outing was, wow legendary first pancake level. That might have beaten Yuzu's ACI 2017 LP pancake in train wreck levels. Need a bit more "abandon" and "wildness " in the chSq. Maybe nag Kurt to fly to China or send him back to Canada for more instructions? Looks great in this shade of red though! 

16 minutes ago, Xen said:

Guys, qqlive guy is streaming and Boyang is up next. 

4Lz-fell and slid towards board, UR too

4S- fell...

4Lo(?)- landed...oy vey

popped 4T probably

3A-Lo-2S- uh, his love for the boards is making a comeback

Popped another T....boy won't give up on his 4T no?

Missed this jump, might be a normal 3A?

Spins really slow today. 

Boyang....you can't abandon all your other jumps just to play with the new toy 4Lo. 

It was

4Lz<< (fall)

4S (fall)

4Lo (hangs on)

FCSp4

StSq4

2T

3A-1Lo-2S

2T + REP

3A

There were two spins between the jumps somewhere

ChSq

He didn't look happy, but he also looked tired at some points, even from the very beginning because of the falls. But the program looks good from what we got today (he lost a lot of timing and the program became watered down compared to the practice vid after the second 2T as he kept missing the music and struggled to keep up). 

Maybe they're still fixing the timing of when to jump so he doesn't jump so close to the boards...

ETA: He placed second in the LP,  first overall.

2 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

It was

4Lz<< (fall)

4S (fall)

4Lo (hangs on)

FCSp4

StSq4

2T

3A-1Lo-2S

2T + REP

3A

There were two spins between the jumps somewhere

ChSq

He didn't look happy, but he also looked tired at some points, even from the very beginning because of the falls. But the program looks good from what we got today (he lost a lot of timing and the program became watered down compared to the practice vid after the second 2T as he kept missing the music and struggled to keep up). 

Stamina issues? Think he was aiming towards the board when he is slightly desperate and running low on stamina. =/ 

But yeah, I think this is a good program and feel for him-put his quickness to use. 

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

Stamina issues? Think he was aiming towards the board when he is slightly desperate and running low on stamina. =/ 

It's still very early in the season, so probably. He looks like he improved a LOT in terms of SS and the way he handles choreography, and he was getting his 4Lo consistent, so that's probably where the effort's went thus far, and jumping away from the boards. If the timing keeps staying off due to wanting to jump away from the boards, though, maybe they'll abandon the effort for the season, as he'll need to adjust to the new time limit first (and the stamina for it). He didn't actually have that problem as badly until PC (with the smaller than usual rink) and Worlds last season, so hope he can pull out whatever he used to pull for the outings before that.

23 minutes ago, Xen said:

I can see where Kurt's influence is

Yeah, the way they use free skating moves and elements as part of the choreography and interpretation is very, very Kurt.

1 minute ago, hoodie axel said:

It's still very early in the season, so probably. He looks like he improved a LOT in terms of SS and the way he handles choreography, and he was getting his 4Lo consistent, so that's probably where the effort's went thus far, and jumping away from the boards. If the timing keeps staying off due to wanting to jump away from the boards, though, maybe they'll abandon the effort for the season, as he'll need to adjust to the new time limit first (and the stamina for it). He didn't actually have that problem as badly until PC (with the smaller than usual rink) and Worlds last season, so hope he can pull out whatever he used to pull for the outings before that.

They might want both, I think it kind of goes hand-in-hand. But yes, I think he's improved a lot, and if the earlier posts saying he's gotten more involved with his programs (from even clothing), then I think he's on an okay track. 

Just now, hoodie axel said:

...I feel for their partners. That sounds terrifying.

Yeah...there was a team that tried a throw loop, and the girl was off-axis when he threw her. Granted, they are young, so I don't think the guys have the strength yet to support all those throws?