Team China

• 2 weeks later...

So Boyang is not only not at TCC but he won't be there before August. 

He is in Qingdao, and will be training there for a month. There's that summer camp going on there but the dates mean that after that he'll go to Japan for The Ice, second set of shows in Aichi are beginning of August (4th and 5th) and that leaves him with arriving around 10th at best from what I can come up with. 

Seems really late to start in a completely new training enviorment, new living one, where the language is an issue.

Um, I don't want the internal fanwars from Chinese baidu bars to spread here, so:

1) he might need to change visa types if he's going to canada for the long term, and those can take a while. And the scary part of Canadian visas in China-they don't give an estimated time. It can take a week, 2 weeks, 3 months....this is experience from me, who had to get a canadian visa to attend ACI 2017. And I had a work colleague whose visa took about...3 months XD

2) The ice rink might be part of CSA promotional events, so he is obligated to attend, whether he likes it or not. Quite a few CSA ex atheletes (pang/tong) have their own commercial rinks. Sponsors might also request atheletes to attend promotional events-this is how I got to see Li Zijun live last month. =D So Boyang would have to do it if it's a fed or gov't order.

3) A third hypothesis floating around, but rarely picked up on, is that maybe the handover to TCC already happened, and to the CSA, how publicity and media is handled is either all up to TCC, or something they are still discussing in depth. The conclusion may be something similar to Yuzu's media day, so until then, nothing is announced.

Also, Boyang tends to go quiet when he's focused on training. So considering the lack of him personally posting stuff on weibo and instagram, take it as a positive.  And frankly, the timing this season is awful. Boyang's available in May/early June-Brian is on holiday and goes to FaOI. Brian is back in July-Boyang goes to China for obligations and then to JPN ice shows. It might be the earliest they can get quality time is August. And he might not need that long- he had choreography done already, and even if he goes to ACI, he would get at least a month and half to train in TCC.

54 minutes ago, Xen said:

And he might not need that long

This is not true though, not considering what Boyang's primary issues are and Tracy has been at TCC, already working with the other two, and everyone else. She's the one that matters.

I don't actually think it's anything particularly complicated; probably just extending his time in China a bit more before a major move half the globe away but at the same time, he will be almost two months short compared to the others. I mean he's in training, no doubt about that but there are particular things they want out of TCC that he wasn't getting there or he wouldn't have made the move. I am sure though they planned around it all now so it should work out anyway.

1 hour ago, Xen said:

And frankly, the timing this season is awful. Boyang's available in May/early June-Brian is on holiday and goes to FaOI. Brian is back in July-Boyang goes to China for obligations and then to JPN ice shows. It might be the earliest they can get quality time is August. And he might not need that long- he had choreography done already, and even if he goes to ACI, he would get at least a month and half to train in TCC.

The fact that CSA and chinese media only metion about Brian in the whole coaching change also make me :confused:. None of TCC skaters only work with Brian. And if Boyang want to improve his SS, he should spend more time with Tracy. Once the GPs start, from late Oct till late Dec,  Brian will be away from TCC most of the time. 

Idk if its visa issue, considering he's already trained with Lori for a month a couple of time. Its not like he will stay in Canada for the whole year. If you look at the competition schedule, I think the longest he would stay in Canda might be around 2-4 months (mostly in off seasons)

Whatever, I hope its work out for him. But I can't help but worried when he might move his traning base to a different country, with new training method and system, and language barrier,  and figure out all other things just 3 months before his GP. 

34 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Yeah, if you care about Boyang, and your mental health just avoid Baidu FS bars in China right now. There's a main boyang thread that nearly got derailed, and about 2-3 threads now where people are now dissing him for being in China and how they're leaving the fandom now. =/ It's pretty nasty internal fanwar right now. 

On the other bright side, there are also posts where they show Sui/Han post check-up and photographed with Zhao. Supposedly she should be back on ice soon. 

1 hour ago, Xen said:

people are now dissing him for being in China and how they're leaving the fandom now. =/

Senseless fuss. So he'll be there a bit later, he didn't murder anyone? I suppose it's not how they want it to be and as usual, that's enough for some. Ah well, he'll live without those and probably more peacefully. 

It is probably something mundane like the visa being delayed. These things happen all the time and there is no need to be upset about it. Even if Boyang, for some reason, decided that he wanted to stay in China then it is his choice. No one knows his circumstances better than he does and he is the only person who had the right to make those decisions anyway.

4 hours ago, Xen said:

Um, I don't want the internal fanwars from Chinese baidu bars to spread here, so:

1) he might need to change visa types if he's going to canada for the long term, and those can take a while. And the scary part of Canadian visas in China-they don't give an estimated time. It can take a week, 2 weeks, 3 months....this is experience from me, who had to get a canadian visa to attend ACI 2017. And I had a work colleague whose visa took about...3 months XD

2) The ice rink might be part of CSA promotional events, so he is obligated to attend, whether he likes it or not. Quite a few CSA ex atheletes (pang/tong) have their own commercial rinks. Sponsors might also request atheletes to attend promotional events-this is how I got to see Li Zijun live last month. =D So Boyang would have to do it if it's a fed or gov't order.

3) A third hypothesis floating around, but rarely picked up on, is that maybe the handover to TCC already happened, and to the CSA, how publicity and media is handled is either all up to TCC, or something they are still discussing in depth. The conclusion may be something similar to Yuzu's media day, so until then, nothing is announced.

Also, Boyang tends to go quiet when he's focused on training. So considering the lack of him personally posting stuff on weibo and instagram, take it as a positive.  And frankly, the timing this season is awful. Boyang's available in May/early June-Brian is on holiday and goes to FaOI. Brian is back in July-Boyang goes to China for obligations and then to JPN ice shows. It might be the earliest they can get quality time is August. And he might not need that long- he had choreography done already, and even if he goes to ACI, he would get at least a month and half to train in TCC.

Chinese fans are going crazy and no comment from boyang or the fed? Zhang He is already at Raf's but they couldn't manage visas for boyang? Brian said boyang will arrive in June and now no comments from Brian about Boyang?

I think there is reason to worry. if it's visa Brian could just say so or Boyang in one of his streams. But no sight of that. hopefully he is not injured or anything else ... but since people are saying that he is training, that's unprobable. My guess is the fed messed with his schedule and who knows what they think. People forget that they are not only incompetent but also dumb...

You saw Zijun? How was she looking? Was she in competitive shape? what did she do? Could you please share :201111231756430f6:?

6 minutes ago, Eclair said:

Chinese fans are going crazy and no comment from boyang or the fed? Zhang He is already at Raf's but they couldn't manage visas for boyang? Brian said boyang will arrive in June and now no comments from Brian about Boyang?

I think there is reason to worry. if it's visa Brian could just say so or Boyang in one of his streams. But no sight of that. hopefully he is not injured or anything else ... but since people are saying that he is training, that's unprobable. My guess is the fed messed with his schedule and who knows what they think. People forget that they are not only incompetent but also dumb...

Is this really necessary. Insulting everyone in the Chines fed based on speculations about something you know nothing about? Unless you have proof about wrong doing, these kind of statements should be avoided.

Fans can go as crazy as they want, no one owes us anything and they don't have to update their social media to make us happy. Let's wait and see what happens instead of insulting people now and then finding out we were wrong, bad words cannot be taken back after all. So leave the outrage until there is something to be angry about.

1 hour ago, Neenah said:

Is this really necessary. Insulting everyone in the Chines fed based on speculations about something you know nothing about? Unless you have proof about wrong doing, these kind of statements should be avoided.

Fans can go as crazy as they want, no one owes us anything and they don't have to update their social media to make us happy. Let's wait and see what happens instead of insulting people now and then finding out we were wrong, bad words cannot be taken back after all. So leave the outrage until there is something to be angry about.

I didn't insult them out of nowhere but based on past actions. how they treated their skaters - Han Yan and Zijun. I don't think anyone can seriously say that they are not incompetent. From how they never managed to politick successfully to how internal politics always lead to illogical decisions that was not beneficial to the skaters. it's like saying Didier is corrupt - nobody can seriously say that he isn't and saying so is not some fan based speculation. 

they don't owe us anything but they stated that boyang will be in Canada in June which didn't happen. they were supposed to announce the national teams which they didn't. expecting them to say something is not asking for that much. It's so typical for them to just keep silent when faced with questions. it was like this when Zijun was taken off the world team list and it was like this when the pair's switch happened and it was like this when Han Yan announced his retirement and then deleted his post and it was also like this when it was rumoured that they wanted to split Wang/Liu. I've seen it again and again. saying they are dumb and incompetent is the nicest way of putting it ... Sure, they sometimes do nice things for skaters but most of the news we get coming from them is negative news. If they want to be treated with respect then they should treat their skaters better. I don't see why I should act like they are great and give them the benefit of the doubt if they don't deserve it through their past actions. 

And calling for an answers is also benefiting the skaters. They have to learn that they can't just treat skaters like they own them, discarding them as they wish and nobody notices it.