Team China

The poor kid - the shoulder is askew but mended?? No wonder he feels nervous about falling.  And he has asthma of the kind one of my family has - triggered by cold air.  Hope he performs in a way that makes him happy.

news on Zijun: this source says she's still dealing with a groin injury and she doesn't dare to rest completely to let it heal because she has to keep up with her competitors points wise. She felt like giving up many times, but she has 7 years of work behind her and doesn't want to give up in this last year. This will probably be her last time to go to the Olympics. No words about when she plans to retire or anything. 

source: http://sports.qq.com/a/20171103/030463.htm

my personal opinion: just rest for those 3 weeks straight! (in the article it says the groin injury needs 3 weeks of complete rest). She's had this groin injury in September! if she just rested it for 3 weeks then, she would have been able to participate at CoC. Now it's been 2 months and in danger to turn into something chronic ...

Zijun Li is out of Internationeaux de France ... :10742290::sadPooh: how can she now compete for an olympic or even world spot? 

what's happening? don't retire Zijun!!!! but if she's just resting her injury for 3 weeks straight then I totally support that! Get well soon!!

file

Guest turquoiseblue
29 minutes ago, katonice said:

Huh? Is this true? Or are people just making premature conclusions?

Does she have no chance now of qualifying for the Games?

Is this a reliable source? 

Google translate:

Chinese figure skater Li Zijun stopped training and did not qualify for the Olympics in Pyeongchang

Chinese figure skater Li Xiangnin became the leader in women's singles skating of the Chinese team at qualifying competitions for the Olympic games in Pyeongchang. Li Zijun was a promising star to the Chinese team, but her best result in twenty years of sports career was only seventh place at the World Cup in 2013. Li Zijun was announced along with her teammates at the Cup Of China competition. However, before the start of the season, she suddenly stopped training. Chinese head coach Zhao Hongbo said that she was injured without providing specific information. Li Zijun also starred from her second Grand Prix stage in France.

The Chinese team had a number of selection rules for the Olympics. Li Zijun won the silver medal at the Asian Winter Games last season. However, in the new season, she was absent in the Challengers series and in Nice last month, where Li Xiangning won the silver medal with the best scores in the free program.

While Li Zijun skipped more and more competitions, Li Xiangnen approached the Olympic Games in Pyeongchang.

"I'm looking forward to the Olympic Games in Pyeongchang. But I also need to increase the complexity of my programs, to purge jumps and improve the slip, "said Li Xianning.

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

I wish we'd get actual info from the Chinese fed. If it is an injury then I hope for Zijun's speedy recovery.

this is the newest info of HongBo Zhao speaking about all his athletes, including Li Zijun's chances of making the Olympic team (with video)

https://3g.163.com/sports/article/D2KJRMCF00058782.html#adaptation=pc

it sheds light on her physical state, mental state, her chances, other obstacles ... it doesn't sound good ...

I'm not sure I 100% understood the part HongBo said about her body changes, maybe someone can help out?

1 hour ago, sublimeskating said:

i still hope that boyang can work with other choreographers like jeff or shae-lynn (who are both creative and tailor programs to the skaters they work with and are willing to compromise with the skaters), or even misha (he's creative and fun and yay for no language barrier)...

of course, knowing the chinese fed, it's probably gonna be lori again (even though it's obvious she doesn't "get" boyang at all and her FS choreo for him is terrible)

hmm, I think Misha may have a shot after this season, Zhao and Shen might be more open. And China gov is going to start pitching money into skating, and figure skating training centers are.easier and less demanding than speed skating. I do not see why they would invest less into Boyang.