Team China

I totally agree- my husband has no interest at all in skating, but he did watch the end of the WC with me and Boyang was the one he liked- he said he was the only one who seemed to be having fun

I have sinned, as I voted for Boyang as my favorite SP instead of :space:

:ban:

I totally agree- my husband has no interest at all in skating, but he did watch the end of the WC with me and Boyang was the one he liked- he said he was the only one who seemed to be having fun

I have sinned, as I voted for Boyang as my favorite SP instead of :space:

:ban:

Me too. But Yuzu was winning with like 63%, okay!? :whiteflag:

In more news, Sui and Han will have two new programs next season. Makes me happy as I am always greedy for more from my favorite skaters. These are supposedly going to be the very difficult programs but the best programs in their career. Very ambitious and great attitude to have going into the Olympics season.

I also love reading about the attitude towards ice dance and that Han has been in modern dance classes since last year.

If anyone wants to take a stab at the whole article, I'd love to read it - clicky. Google translate is not bad but still.

Part 1 Leading a whole new era

“我们想把双人滑做出更高的艺术境界,”韩聪26日坦言,“我想把双人滑做成和冰舞差不多的感受,以前我看不懂冰舞,看了想睡觉,现在我看冰舞比看男单、女单都要刺激,我觉得他们告诉我的是一个故事。"

“当然两个项目毕竟不同,但我想如果我能在双人滑中使用冰舞的技术,比如,如果我能在连接上减少压步,在做一个托举前,我能起到很好的速度,并且流畅地做出托举,如果能达到那个境界,就好像冰舞和双人滑融合在一起。”

“从2010年温哥华冬奥会教练那个时代(申雪/赵宏博)双人滑就是这个样子,2014年索契冬奥会和现在还都是停留在那个阶段,但是时代在变,虽然目前规则没有变,但是我在想怎么提升这个项目,不能等着其他人变了,我再变,而是我想要引领这个变化。”

Han:

We want to lead pair skating to a higher artistic level that gives you the same feelings as ice dance. In the past, I cannot understand ice dance - i would fall asleep watching that - but now I find ice dance even more exciting than the singles because I believe they are telling me a story with their performance.

Of course, the two disciplines are very different, but I think that if I can apply the techniques of ice dance to pairs, such as having less crossovers between elements, maintaining good speed before lifting and doing it smoothly, by reaching that standard, ice dance and pairs can be fused together.

From Vancouver 2010 to Sochi 2014, the development of pair skating stagnated. But we are now in a different era, although the rules remain the same, I am finding ways to enhance the discipine - I can't wait and follow others' step, I want to lead the change.

Here's part 1 of the article (only translating Han's quote). I may do the rest later.

Thank you so much cherry, that's brilliant! :goe:

And I must say, you can tell when you watch Han skate, both of them really. Great to read some thoughts that go into making those amazing programs.

We want to lead pair skating to a higher artistic level that gives you the same feelings as ice dance. In the past, I cannot understand ice dance - i would fall asleep watching that - but now I find ice dance even more exciting than the singles because I believe they are telling me a story with their performance.

Of course, the two disciplines are very different, but I think that if I can apply the techniques of ice dance to pairs, such as having less crossovers between elements, maintaining good speed before lifting and doing it smoothly, by reaching reach that standard, ice dance and pairs can be fused together.

A very thrilling idea. In Episode 27 of Ice Talk, the Worlds recap, Charlie White already recognized they (and S/M) are moving in this direction and praised them for it. I could probably add J/C with their interesting transitions. http://web.icenetwork.com/fans/icetalk

S/H photoshoots are out of this world. Seems like they will be big stars of this Olympics.

Post by Jackie Wong about Zijun :) :love:

http://www.rockerskating.com/top-50-of- ... sonal-best

Quote:

Li's performance of this program at World Team Trophy turned out to be an emphatic statement that she's really back in form and ready to attack the Olympic season. Since her surprise seventh-place debut at Worlds four years ago, her skating had seemed to plateau. But she found another gear this season in both her short program and free skate. And this free skate gave her the highest score she's received since 2013.

It was incredibly refreshing to see her renaissance - Zijun Li may have found her voice.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: @ those photoshoots! They are just so gorgeous, and their chemistry is so evident even in these pics.

May the queen and the king reign for a long time :bow:

Thanks everyone for sharing info/pics.

Foto's are stunning! And suit them so well. Just as strong and sassy as these two.

Some more hot pictures from the best pair on earth

tumblr_opkhfzjV1y1uh6v46o2_500.png

My fav one!