Team China

Re: Boyang 

It looks like it doesn't really hurt,  but still... reminds me of when Yuzuru talked about still feeling discomfort when trying the Lz...:sigh: 

Boyang, et tu! why are you still feeling discomfort? You were supposed to heal fast :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp: And if your ankles felt weird why did you even try 5 quads layout a couple months ago? Please now take care.

Also, I hope the discomfort is on only one ankle, not both (and hopefully not the right ankle because I shudder thinking about that massive 4Lz of his :59227c768286a__s:). I feel sad for him because, contrary to Yuzu, he doesn't have the pcs and top goe on quad sal and toe to keep his scores high even when leaving out the 4Lz...he would still need a 4Lz to be competitive with the top guys... hope he knows when to stop and take it easier if the weird feeling becomes pain :sad4: (please skaters' ankles be safe!):smiley-angelic001:

17 minutes ago, Tee said:

This is just....scary. 

Q. Do you have a sports psychologist to turn to?

A. I don't know much about this… My mom said I'd become another person since my return from Canada.

I feel really bad for him. There are discussions in chinese FS baidu bars about internal feuds, and how he's no longer training with Team China (supposedly he's in Team Beijing, training in a private/commercial rink with An Xiangyi, but now this interview kind of confirms it). But it also sounds like there is training time issues-ice time for practice that has to be balanced against meals, ugh. Hope that now he's in Team Beijing he gets more ice time. 

On top of all that, all the pressure now coming on to him since he's now the lone hope of China in the singles discipline. Gods, hope he's okay....

all bad news coming together...Universe you're so bad!:squishedPooh:

well, I hope at least Wenjing is doing well now....that no-audio video with the throw jump made me really realize how much I miss Sui/Han in comp:sigh:

37 minutes ago, Xen said:

This is just....scary. 

I feel really bad for him. There are discussions in chinese FS baidu bars about internal feuds, and how he's no longer training with Team China (supposedly he's in Team Beijing, training in a private/commercial rink with An Xiangyi, but now this interview kind of confirms it). But on top of all that, all the pressure now coming on to him since he's now the lone hope of China in the singles discipline. Gods, hope he's okay....

sorry, what does it mean he isn't training with Team China? What's the difference with team Beijing?

I'm sad that he's struggling with confidence and I hope he will get proper assistance there (it doesn't sounds like he think he needs that tho:/). also, I wonder how he has changed after coming back from abroad and what has made him change....

loving Lori for telling him to always be happy Boyang:10742289: and I like that he's getting to a point in his career where he starts giving his input on programs (i know he loved last CTHD music) ... but please Boyang, treat those ankles and feet well, I know you love quads and we love your quads too, but you need to be healthy to keep doing them and challenging things... for now it sounds like he's doing a couple hours of on-ice training per day, which I think is quite good, right? It doesn't sound that far off what Yuzuru does (thinking in perspective of people with troubling ankles:tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:)

Also, the VISA thing was truly a nightmare:tumblr_inline_mzx91uuLRI1r8msi5:

I feel so anxious for him now, this is all a bit... unsettling... It sounds like he's in a tough spot currently, with all the pressure and all the criticism, plus he's had the worst luck (I mean, nearly missing the competition due to administrative problems, twice in a row? That's just so unlucky), I really hope he does get his new start. 

3 hours ago, Tee said:

This is kind of worrying.. His answers to some of these questions are rising red flags in my head. I hope that he gets the support he needs and that his problems are not dismissed without being properly examined first. He is young and vulnerable to pressure, and he is under a lot of pressure. 

15 hours ago, LadyLou said:

all bad news coming together...Universe you're so bad!:squishedPooh:

well, I hope at least Wenjing is doing well now....that no-audio video with the throw jump made me really realize how much I miss Sui/Han in comp:sigh:

sorry, what does it mean he isn't training with Team China? What's the difference with team Beijing?

I'm sad that he's struggling with confidence and I hope he will get proper assistance there (it doesn't sounds like he think he needs that tho:/). also, I wonder how he has changed after coming back from abroad and what has made him change....

loving Lori for telling him to always be happy Boyang:10742289: and I like that he's getting to a point in his career where he starts giving his input on programs (i know he loved last CTHD music) ... but please Boyang, treat those ankles and feet well, I know you love quads and we love your quads too, but you need to be healthy to keep doing them and challenging things... for now it sounds like he's doing a couple hours of on-ice training per day, which I think is quite good, right? It doesn't sound that far off what Yuzuru does (thinking in perspective of people with troubling ankles:tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:)

Also, the VISA thing was truly a nightmare:tumblr_inline_mzx91uuLRI1r8msi5:

Well the issue is that he's now part of Team Beijing, and not the national team. Technically when he is under team China, he would have Shen/Zhao as his head coaches, even though his direct coaches might not change. But that also means that lessons that are for "team china" such as the seminar with Savchenko, Orser etc might not involve him either, since he's "Team Beijing." Not same rink etc.

2 hours ago, Xen said:

Well the issue is that he's now part of Team Beijing, and not the national team. Technically when he is under team China, he would have Shen/Zhao as his head coaches, even though his direct coaches might not change. But that also means that lessons that are for "team china" such as the seminar with Savchenko, Orser etc might not involve him either, since he's "Team Beijing." Not same rink etc.

Is Team Beijing the one headed by Pang/Tong?