Team China

6 minutes ago, Katt said:

Whatever it is, I'm glad chinese fed consider his opinion instead of forcing him. And yeah, I see alot of chinese fans also said that since the fund for Boyang training oversea already approved way before so this collab happened 

I find its better if we don't drag Yuzuru into this. Its has nothing to do with him. 

... I‘m sorry? It‘s not that I am blaming Yuzu or anything. Just stating that not all skaters are like Yuzu and thrive off of training with direct/ their biggest competitors. 

1 minute ago, robin said:

... I‘m sorry? It‘s not that I am blaming Yuzu or anything. Just stating that not all skaters are like Yuzu and thrive off of training with direct/ their biggest competitors. 

Ok. Maybe I don't like the way you worded in that post or I don't like it when people pretend to know what's Boyang thinking. I might be abit sensitive since just a few weeks ago, some people state that Boyang wouldn't come to TCC because Yuzuru feel threat from him and disapproved his move :facepalm: 

8 minutes ago, Katt said:

Ok. Maybe I don't like the way you worded in that post or I don't like it when people pretend to know what's Boyang thinking. I might be abit sensitive since just a few weeks ago, some people state that Boyang wouldn't come to TCC because Yuzuru feel threat from him and disapproved his move :facepalm: 

Oh, yeah i see what you mean. I worded that a bit weird! I am not saying at all that Yuzu didn’t want Boyang there or anything. That‘s definitely a stretch! I am also not saying that that’s the sole reason Boyang doesn’t want to go to TCC! Just maybe a single factor among many? I am sure the politics around it and Boyang‘s reluctance to adjust to a new country and language play a (bigger) role. 

5 minutes ago, robin said:

Oh, yeah i see what you mean. I worded that a bit weird! I am not saying at all that Yuzu didn’t want Boyang there or anything. That‘s definitely a stretch! I am also not saying that that’s the sole reason Boyang doesn’t want to go to TCC! Just maybe a single factor among many? I am sure the politics around it and Boyang‘s reluctance to adjust to a new country and language play a (bigger) role. 

Yes.I see what you mean now. I admit I'm abit sensitive too. We are all in guessing game and no one really know the real reason. I'm glad we can talk and explain thing in a calm way. After all I think we all hope the best for Boyang :grouphug:

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Now though, I am curious if they're going to do something similar to what they did with Gadbois- have TCC coaches come to China, but maybe later on, allow TCC to select a couple skaters whom they could see fit into the training at TCC, then have the CSA fund that skater's training overseas. 

I think @Katt is probably right here, in the sense that it's a question how much Brian is willing to get into it again after everything. He is the one people look for, so when you're already in that position, and then something like this happens, you're probably a bit weary of attempting something again. I certainly couldn't blame him especially as the complications in general surrounding the Chinese fed are well known. And he's not lacking for talent, and others will keep coming to him so it's not like he has to risk it; TCC is sitting pretty right now and pretty well poised for the future. But maybe, if he spots someone really out there. In general though, I suspect he'll be more cautious. 

Just now, WinForPooh said:

I have to admit, when I saw those very fancy seats and stuff on that flight to Beijing, I was suspicious. In a 'what are the people who organised the whole trip trying to make up for, what did the duck up' kind of way. 

We could say not only did we have a duck up, we had a 'Canadian duck' up :68468287:

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I have to admit, when I saw those very fancy seats and stuff on that flight to Beijing, I was suspicious. In a 'what are the people who organised the whole trip trying to make up for, what did the duck up' kind of way. 

naive me was thinking: wow they really got some funding for the 2022 olympics! but in hindsight you were right. what do they have to compensate for? was the right question. 

As long as it is Boyang's decision, I am happy for him and will support it. Leaving your country and starting a new life somewhere else is a huge deal that anyone should be 100% sure they want to do before committing to it. 

I wish him the best. He is very talented and have a great future ahead of him. I hope he gets all the support he needs whether it be in China or outside.

All this "I'm supporting Boyang's decision if it's what he thinks is right for him"...

I must say that if this is indeed Boyang's decisions, then I'm disappointed in it. There, I said it. I don't think it's right for him, and I don't think he'll improve anywhere near as if he would under the direct tutelage of TCC. There's Olympic gold to be won in 4 years, and if one really wants the Oly gold, then some sacrifices usually have to be made. All TCC has to offer: good choreo, reputation, PCS boost, a likely position to be the favorite going into Olys, and Boyang decides to pass. It is, well, disappointing. He's one of my favourite skaters, and I'd like to see him improve and shoot to the very top, but I'm afraid his progress won't be large enough for that and the lack of a powerful coach will hold his scores down. Nathan will be getting PCS boost for nothing whereas Boyang's will stagnate. 

Sorry for the black glasses, but argh, when I think of what-might-have-been.

1 hour ago, Moria Polonius said:

if one really wants the Oly gold

And, that's the question, isn't it?

Everyone and their grandmothers know Jin has the talent. Whether he has the drive to use it to get that Oly gold, tho... Well.

I mean, I am setting my expectation really low right now. He could still just choose this and win in 2022.:shrug:

1 minute ago, yuzupon said:

And, that's the question, isn't it?

Everyone and their grandmothers know Jin has the talent. Whether he has the drive to use it to get that Oly gold, tho... Well.

I mean, I am setting my expectation really low right now. He could still just choose this and win in 2022.:shrug:

Well, true that. Perhaps he did think of it, and said, nope, even for the Olympic gold, I'm not subjecting myself to 4 years away from home. I'll just stay here and maybe I'll get there anyway.

So I will just remain only a bit disappointed at the prospect of Boyang not becoming as good a skater as he might in Canada. 

Wish him the best anyway!

6 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

Well, true that. Perhaps he did think of it, and said, nope, even for the Olympic gold, I'm not subjecting myself to 4 years away from home. I'll just stay here and maybe I'll get there anyway.

So I will just remain only a bit disappointed at the prospect of Boyang not becoming as good a skater as he might in Canada. 

Wish him the best anyway!

I hope he shows us all and gets that Olympic Gold.