Team China

11 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

No, it's not the choreography, it's his body lines and how he's moving. He doesn't look so stiff anymore.

No, yeah, that's what I meant. The choreography and the style of movement is kind of reminiscent of how Browning works with the people he choreographs with. And Lori Nichol helped with the ease of movement there, I'd assume.

17 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

On the Weibo post, they also said Boyang will no longer move to train under Brian Orser (for now) due to personal habits and training etc.

ETA:  (I think they gave a more precise translation.)

what the -? :smiley_hairpull::headslap: oh Boyang .. personal training habits? What personal training habits? 1. I can't believe Orser actually is doing this. what's the reason? 2. They didn't write that Orser will provide guidance to Boyang. Boyang probably will just stay with his old coaches. 3.  an occasional training camp is not going to help any more than the occasional training camp they ddidd with Mishin a few years ago - nothing changed and no PCS boost. 4.  I'm so disappointed.:banginghead: And pissed. And annoyed. :13877886:

14 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Maybe. 

I have other opinions but I’m not going to say it.

Overall he wants to stay home and that’s totally fine. Whatever makes him happy :tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

the poster specified that this is just his/her speculation though. But I really can't wrap my head around what kind of 'training habits' would prevent him to go ...:smiley_hairpull:

Chinese fed really want to collaborate with TCC. I guess Brian and Tracy would occassionally come to China for training camp or chinese skaters may come to TCC for summer camp. May be D.Wilson would do choreo for some. 

As for Boyang, now its official. I think I read somewhere he prefer training in Harbin-his hometown. He moved to Beijing last season because of Olys. Its not easy to change all your habits, and move to another country to train with new people, new system and all. Some people can, some people can't. If Boyang doesn't want to go and the fed still force him, it would make his life in canada so hard and it won't be good for all parties. He gain some big archivement under the current coaches and he will continue to improve.This is his own decision and fortunately the fed respect him. I wish the best for him

he'll be okay. yeah he coulda used Team Orser to help push him to the top but it's not like he's a helpless little kid or anything, heck he's the reigning 4CC CHAMP beating out Shoma! And who even knows if he and Orser would've been a good fit? There's still time anyway, Yuzu didn't go to Brian until two years before Sochi and those two seasons turned out really well for him so who's to say a Jin Boyser team isn't in the books?

17 minutes ago, Sammie said:

What that says to me, combined with this announcement about Orser and Wilson working with Team China, is that there was a whole lot of messed-up politics going on behind the scenes and that someone somewhere along the way probably (my guess) complained about Boyang getting special treatment over the rest of Team China. But this is only my guess based on observations of how anything Chinese-gov't-ish seems to operate in general. 

Also, I hope Brian and Tracy really know what they're getting into. More than one Canadian has gotten into unexpected difficulties trying to do business in China.

8 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

What that says to me, combined with this announcement about Orser and Wilson working with Team China, is that there was a whole lot of messed-up politics going on behind the scenes and that someone somewhere along the way probably (my guess) complained about Boyang getting special treatment over the rest of Team China. But this is only my guess based on observations of how anything Chinese-gov't-ish seems to operate in general. 

no, in the article they specified that it was Boyangs own wish to not go, nobody elses ...