Team China

11 hours ago, Eclair said:

yes, Misha seems to be in Qingdao now as posted in his instagramm and he is with Boyang now. I'm confused why Boyang couldn't just have attended misha's summer school at TCC a few days earlier. So confused at what's going on...:scratch3:

edit: okay, so misha also posted a picture of wang/wang in qingdao

And we know, wang/wang are currently not funded by the national team as they refused to split. And they are in Qingdao. 

not sure, what it says about Boyang and his current relationship with his fed. Still very confusing. 

Wasn't the camp in Qingdao organized by the fed tho? :confused: weren't we saying that Boyang 'had' to attend because of fed, when we still were expecting his move in June? 

Ah, couldn't they just tell us yes/no? Fed, TCC, Boyang, anyone? No reason needed  (tho it would be a nice addition), just if Boyang is going or not :gaah:

7 hours ago, LadyLou said:

Ah, couldn't they just tell us yes/no? Fed, TCC, Boyang, anyone? No reason needed  (tho it would be a nice addition), just if Boyang is going or not :gaah:

I'd be nice to know at least that, that's for sure. But maaaaybe, they still don't know themselves? Like, it's probably just my own wishful thinking, but some people have suggested that there could be visa trouble? If that's the case (even though, granted, it doesn't sound very likely), then that could be dealt with, though it would take some time?

quoting myself from Coaching changes:

5 minutes ago, LadyLou said:
45 minutes ago, TeaFrida said:

we don't know:13877886:

Only rumours so far, started form TSL, who sadly were quite accurate when talking about coaching changes thus far.:14066882: My hopes are dimming but I still need someone from Chinese fed or TCC to speak up before I let go of that dream :13877886:

Is it true what Jack says here?:68271262:

After several weeks in Toronto preparing his programs for the coming season with noted choreographer Lori Nichol, Jin wrote an effusive message on his Instagram account (which has since been canceled) in early June, which was translated and posted on Twitter by @magicaleggrolls.

“A month of training is drawing to a close. Thanks to the Chinese Figure Skating Association for giving me the chance to prepare for the new season in Canada,” Jin wrote. “Thank you to Lori Nichol for meticulously choreographing two new programs of differing styles. Thank you to Kurt Browning for participating with the choreography, and creating an exhibition program for me. . . .” 

I remember that post, and to me it sounded as Boyang's heartfelt 'thank you and goodbye' to his old coaches, not a 'thank you Lori and goodbye Canada, now I'm gonna go back home'...if it's really been removed, things are even weirder than I thought:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

I'm really curious about that post now...

the post from canada is still there tho? (linked under the spoiler) unless im mistaken and its a different post that's being referred to lol?? or maybe he's manipulating the fact that boyang posted, deleted and reuploaded it so he could add more photos? idk hahah

the article is a little ridiculous lol, it shed absolutely no new light on the situation and it'd be neat to get more than just "a source" saying these things 

at this point, i don't think it's likely he'll end up at tcc imo, but y'know, there still isn't anything concrete and it's just kinda... irresponsible? to jump the gun and write an article on it already

Spoiler

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Thank you for sharing. It's so nice to hear directly from him about what happened and how he's doing now. Good luck in your recovery, Han Yan! Hope things go well with you.

7 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Hope he can comeback stronger :) 

What are the chances of him making it back to the national team and competing internationally? He’d have to do really well at nats? It doesn’t seem like quitting the national team was a voluntary decision 

23 hours ago, robin said:

Hope he can comeback stronger :) 

What are the chances of him making it back to the national team and competing internationally? He’d have to do really well at nats? It doesn’t seem like quitting the national team was a voluntary decision 

well, in the article it says: If the national team needs me ...

so it depends on the fed's decision. Han Yan has made clear that he wants to still compete. I guess it depends on his abilities at smaller competitions as well as nats ... 

with the 2 other boys being at Raf, I don't see the fed giving Han Yan a shot though ... otherwise they would have to admit, that they wasted funding by sending one of these boys abroad .. but who knows, crazier things has happened this off-season...

at least boyang seems to be in good spirits, even though we get no information whatsoever. I was just thinking back, if what we know is true, HongBo Zhao approached Brian after worlds. 

Boyang posted this at the end of march. So, this should be in the timeframe when Boyang was becoming more interesting for Brian...

imagine brains face when he saw this may turn out to become one of his top students...