Team China

so the source isn't chinese?

I'm already half-resigned, but I still have hope that suddenly a cryptid Boyang will pop up as a blurry silhouette in the background of a Yuzu with kids selfie...:snonegai:

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Well if not this year, maybe next year. I'm not giving up hope yet. Still in time before Beijing 2022.

well, true, he would still have 3 years, more than enough, according to Brian's usual timeline to have visible improvements

but possibly no Zuzu senpai there :cry:

At this point, I do hope that if the move is cancelled is only because Boyang didn't want to leave and not because someone else decided to play their games and he was the casualty...

Oh well, I'll still root for him :grouphug:

tho yes, I'm sad. He and Wakaba were the skaters I really thought would be a good fit at TCC and apparently it isn't meant to be...

(now I'm kinda starting to dream for Tarakanova at TCC, which is 100% pipe dream, but hey, strager things have happened...)

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

so the source isn't chinese?

I'm already half-resigned, but I still have hope that suddenly a cryptid Boyang will pop up as a blurry silhouette in the background of a Yuzu with kids selfie...:snonegai:

well, true, he would still have 3 years, more than enough, according to Brian's usual timeline to have visible improvements

but possibly no Zuzu senpai there :cry:

At this point, I do hope that if the move is cancelled is only because Boyang didn't want to leave and not because someone else decided to play their games and he was the casualty...

Oh well, I'll still root for him :grouphug:

tho yes, I'm sad. He and Wakaba were the skaters I really thought would be a good fit at TCC and apparently it isn't meant to be...

(now I'm kinda starting to dream for Tarakanova at TCC, which is 100% pipe dream, but hey, strager things have happened...)

what if he has zuzu-senpai as a coach?YOI is possible! 

1 hour ago, Xen said:

what if he has zuzu-senpai as a coach?YOI is possible! 

:xD:

but we could have TCC Brothers Podium vol II: The New World in Finland, Zuzu senpai and Boyangman edition :sadPooh:

1 minute ago, Neenah said:

The source on a broken deal between a Chinese skater and a Canadian coach is a Japanese tweet  O.o

I give up :gaah:

Honestly, the whole deal around this is so weird :idk:

Foolish me, thinking that it's the off season so nothing major would happen during my self-imposed FS absence for the sake of my own productivity. I check out news and like everything ever has happened :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

Yeah she is just a fan. She sometimes just translates random tweets from ppl. 

Hide contents

After the disagreement with a Yuzu fan she sort of went on this strike and wouldn’t translate anything about him for awhile. It was an ugly disagreement :(

IK just tends to translate whatever they catch and sometimes the way they do so makes it seem it's fact when the people they're translating from are just fans like everyone else operating on the same limited information. Additionally, they also have their 'opinions', which aren't based on any actual facts (like the ISU being involved in Boyang not going to TCC). I appreciate their translating efforts a lot but they should pay more attention on how they transmit certain translations. I still have a beef with them for translating a random and old sentence from Raf about wishing Nathan would be more like Yuzu, without having any care for context (post-GPF 2015, when Nathan was still a junior and Yuzu had just done THAT), which led to a lot of people being mad at Raf needlessly.

12 minutes ago, xeyra said:

IK just tends to translate whatever they catch and sometimes the way they do so makes it seem it's fact when the people they're translating from are just fans like everyone else operating on the same limited information. Additionally, they also have their 'opinions', which aren't based on any actual facts (like the ISU being involved in Boyang not going to TCC). I appreciate their translating efforts a lot but they should pay more attention on how they transmit certain translations. I still have a beef with them for translating a random and old sentence from Raf about wishing Nathan would be more like Yuzu, without having any care for context (post-GPF 2015, when Nathan was still a junior and Yuzu had just done THAT), which led to a lot of people being mad at Raf needlessly.

I still feel off with her tranlating an article and putting semiretired about Yuzu like it’s a fact. Then ppl correct her, she say they don’t understand English. 

I put she because she said she is a woman. 

8 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I still feel off with her tranlating an article and putting semiretired about Yuzu like it’s a fact. Then ppl correct her, she say they don’t understand English. 

Yes, I remember that discussion and her 'woe is me' reaction... :headdesk:

On 7/10/2018 at 11:27 PM, Sammie said:

I appreciate her effort in translating and she does very well alot of time. But sometime she use it as a tool to spread drama/negative news/speculation so I decide to mute her.

I wonder how long all sides will keep silent about this. For sure Brian won't be the one to inform again. Japanese media may ask Boyang when he do The ice but he can choose to not answer.   

6 hours ago, Smultron said:

Boyang at TCC was too good to be true when it was announced... :slinkaway: 

:sadPooh: 

That was sort of my feeling too. And I hate to say it, but if the rumour that it's called off is true, then most likely it's due to internal politics among the Chinese. That's just how that country seems to operate, all the time, and not just in skating. 

I ignore IK as much as I can for the simple reason that she pretends to know everything and then gets super huffy when she is corrected, which is often and two, that she tends to create drama on purpose with some of her comments and translations. She does have useful things and I am grateful but the rest just taints it for me.

6 hours ago, Xen said:

Well if not this year, maybe next year. I'm not giving up hope yet. Still in time before Beijing 2022.

That's a bit ... I mean if he isn't going then Brian would have made the statements and then it all got pulled. So I consider that a major if considering Brian might be fed up. He doesn't seem the sort who tolerates things like that easily, especially as he's probably the most sought out name in the singles coaching these days. 

Anyway, IMO Boyang is not going but I'm still going to wait and see because it's not a certainty. 

6 hours ago, Sammie said:

I can imagine Yuzu giving Boyang the “Rolex look” when he see those gold blades :68468287:

Is Misha with Boyang? 

yes, Misha seems to be in Qingdao now as posted in his instagramm and he is with Boyang now. I'm confused why Boyang couldn't just have attended misha's summer school at TCC a few days earlier. So confused at what's going on...:scratch3:

edit: okay, so misha also posted a picture of wang/wang in qingdao

And we know, wang/wang are currently not funded by the national team as they refused to split. And they are in Qingdao. 

not sure, what it says about Boyang and his current relationship with his fed. Still very confusing.