Team China

1 minute ago, Katt said:

Yeah better wait and see. But I can't help but worried about the whole situation. I always feel weird when Boyang's chinese coaches still with him when he got choreo from Lori. (And from what I heard, he's training in China with his coaches too). Can you imagine, Yuzuru still training with Nanami-san while prepare to move to TCC at the same time ? 

Yes, but I think there were posters who said it was political turf wars, that there was a reason why they were training in Qingdao. That after the nats team and the regional province team provided funding and approved of the transfer, they decided not to go. And so they had no place to go train for a while. o_O

But then the coaching roster also confuses me, because both the junior boys are overseas with Raf (possibly long term?), but at least Fang Shuai's coaches (also Xu and Fu) are listed, as is his former Coach Li. Same with the ice dance coaches- as you have 3 coaches for only 1 team still in China? So I'm not sure if this roster is permanent or just a temporary one. Posters in Baidu who say its political, still think that the turf wars aren't over yet...supposedly this new training is in July, but by August there will be final conclusion.

And for Yu and Zhang, later article with Zhao says they decided against pushing Yu to give her more time to recover (old injury came back in the first apr/may training camp), the team might miss this season's GP series.

I could see Brian not having that crap of him being Boyang's coach but not getting listed as Boyangs coach. If he were to feel responsible for Boyang and be his coach long-term, then they have to give him credit as Boyangs coach and nobody else. So puff, Boyang's best chance of improvement vanishes into thin air because the Chinese fed doesn't want to list foreign coaches names as full-time coaches. 

also this is also pure speculation. at this point everything is possible. There are so many potential reasons. Certain is, it's not visa issues. 

about yu/zhang: I think they just use Xiaoyu 's injury as an excuse to why not put her or Hao change's names on the list. In an interview last season, Hao Zhang was asked whether he will aim to another Olympics (in 2022). He replied: Eeeeeehhhhhrm, we'll see. 

So chances are high there is reason to worry about them retiring. 

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

Yes, but I think there were posters who said it was political turf wars, that there was a reason why they were training in Qingdao. That after the nats team and the regional province team provided funding and approved of the transfer, they decided not to go. And so they had no place to go train for a while. o_O

But then the coaching roster also confuses me, because both the junior boys are overseas with Raf (possibly long term?), but at least Fang Shuai's coaches (also Xu and Fu) are listed, as is his former Coach Li. Same with the ice dance coaches- as you have 3 coaches for only 1 team still in China? So I'm not sure if this roster is permanent or just a temporary one. Posters in Baidu who say its political, still think that the turf wars aren't over yet...supposedly this new training is in July, but by August there will be final conclusion.

And for Yu and Zhang, later article with Zhao says they decided against pushing Yu to give her more time to recover (old injury came back in the first apr/may training camp), the team might miss this season's GP series.

We don't know the junior boys and ice dance team training oversea for long term. I heard about Yu/Zhang too. Seem like her injuries are serious that they might skip GPs. 

I have to say I won't surprise that Boyang end up not going to TCC because of some last minute change. I said to a friend I only believe when I saw him on TCC's ice rink. After what happened with HanYan and Zijun, and the whole pairs spilt drama back in 2016, I can't trust CSA anymore :facepalm:

Mmh.... if it's really just Boyang not wanting to go, ok, tho imo it would be a missed opportunity. He can keep working with his old team, of course, but improvement would be slower imo (and judges could be even slower in taking note) maybe reach a plateau.

Of course I don't know how good are his coaches, but current situation feels quite similar to Yuzuru under Nanami...did Lori went to China to hold SS classes? But Lori isn't a SS coach like Tracy and SS need long term training even under the best SS coach...heck Yuzuru was far from weak in that department but still he had to take his time to work on them, he still works on them.

If it's TCC pulling out instead, is it possible that Brian had been promised Boyang in June, then the training camp thing came up and fed changed program and Brian couldn't have a say? and he thinks it's not ideal to start in August  (I could't blame him, tbh) and he's worried fed could bypass him in the future too? It feels less far-fetched than him butting heads with Lori and he has always been pretty clear about how he doesn't want parents meddling too much, so I guess it would be the same if the fed was the one meddling. And he did (politely, I guess) complain that Yuzu had too many iceshows and obligations after Sochi...

Tbh this is the only scenario of TCC pulling out that I find plausible.

If it's about internal fed wars well, I hope they can plan long term for 2022. It looked like Zhao strongly wanted Boyang in Toronto for more than choreo or a summer camp...

(btw Boyang's post, when he was in Canada and worked with Kurt Browning too, sounded as if he was saying thank you and goodbye to his old coaches, or do I remember it wrong? Sure, he talked about Canada not TCC, but still. Was it really only my own wistful thinking?):smiley-sad016:

Well everyone, hold on to your wigs. According to Chinese baidu bars, the drama might not be over yet.

CSA is doing the drama like never before seen, and will never be matched in the foreseeable future.

25 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well everyone, hold on to your wigs. According to Chinese baidu bars, the drama might not be over yet.

CSA is doing the drama like never before seen, and will never be matched in the foreseeable future.

*popcorn I N T E N S I F I E S* Do tell!

42 minutes ago, Neenah said:

My only wish is that Boyang himself does not get hurt in all of this mess  :sigh:

Yeah, the second this hurts Boyang/others I’m not going to be able to keep eating popcorn. And I guess the chances of that are really high. 

1 hour ago, Xen said:

I ready to see who more dramatic this season. Russian or China 

:party0029: