Team China

11 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

They once said that Yuzu hates Shoma and when someone confronted them about it they said to watch their interview with Doug but there wasn't any indication of that at all.

lmao, yeah sounds about right

Somebody: you talk nonsense

TSL: go watch our video!

Somebody: ok I did, I still think it's nonsense

TSL: go watch more of our videos!

Somebody: it still doesn't make sense

TSL: go watch, we need more clicks!

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

I wouldn't trust second hand information TSL got from Doug Haw as well. Yes, they get insider information but they also like to add their own take on it. They once said that Yuzu hates Shoma and when someone confronted them about it they said to watch their interview with Doug but there wasn't any indication of that at all.

Yeah that Yuzu hates Shoma thing was odd. He obviously doesn’t....

TSL like gossip and enjoy talking how skater A has something against skater B. But their info about coaching and program are often right ( i hate to admit this). I think something indeed happened with Boyang's move. He may end up going, he may not. Sigh we have to wait. The Lori/ Tcc clash is just another TSL trash talk so nevermind

I'm thinking that the idea of Boyang not going to TCC might be because someone hired an intern who reads chinese (or asked a CHN reading fan) to look up the chaos in Baidu bars. There were, last week, 1 main boyang cheer thread, and about 3-4 threads all commenting and criticizing Boyang for not going to TCC, based on no other clear information than a) he was seen in Qing Dao, and b) he apparently returned to China when people expected him to still be in Canada. So I'm curious if TCC's insider information is really just that baidu bar, because there were a lot of people citing weibo posts, their own personal relations or whatever saying it was insider info boyang isn't going.

Well, Chinese FS community and the Boyang fandom blew up already over this...I guess it's time that the english speaking fs community blows up over this? Man, and just when it started dying down in China.

As for why Boyang may not go, the theories in Chinese FS baidu bars are:

Spoiler

a) Boyang himself does not want to go to canada

b) some internal dispute over several things, including 1) his former coaches don't agree to releasing him (and some internal war between conservatives and liberals on foreign training); 2) some dispute over whether his mother could move with him (maybe CSA won't pay for it etc), so he's not willing to go.

Of the above, only option a would make it hard for him to ever end up in TCC on a long term basis, and if option B, it can be worked out (the governing sport body can always step in and Boyang could maybe afford the cost out of pocket based on his show earnings).

Also, my apologies. The skaters at Raf are Chen Yudong and Fang Shuai. Not Zhang He (he's still with Fu and Xu).

Updates: I actually sat down and listedn to that TSL episode:

Spoiler

They said that the conflict is not over Lori vs David Wilson, but rather Brian vs Lori's involvement and what degree Brian has over the artistic development of his student. That the "no " is coming from TCC, but it seems Team China still thinks Boyang will end up going. So I think so long as Team China is sure Boyang is going, he will go.

Also, the irony of all this is that in the Boyang thread in Baidu bars, someone actually dragged astrology into all this. The prediction was that for Libras (which Boyang is), there will be a guy/person whom you think is a total goof ball/melodramatic affecting your future, and no matter how frustrated you get, you can't do anything about it because your future will depend on the actions of this guy. There's nothing you can do other than sit out and wait it out, but the ending will be fine for you.

15 minutes ago, Xen said:

So I'm curious if TCC's insider information is really just that baidu bar, because there were a lot of people citing weibo posts, their own personal relations or whatever saying it was insider info boyang isn't going.

LOL

IDK, I'm feeling zen, Xen. Maybe something's wrong with me.

23 minutes ago, Katt said:

TSL like gossip and enjoy talking how skater A has something against skater B. But their info about coaching and program are often right ( i hate to admit this). I think something indeed happened with Boyang's move. He may end up going, he may not. Sigh we have to wait. The Lori/ Tcc clash is just another TSL trash talk so nevermind

TSL's mindset on skating is very much stuck in the past and informed by the past of the sport, back when there was a lot of drama and cattiness happening and gossiped about quite a bit among those who followed the sport closely. I'm not saying things like this don't still happen but my perception of it is that with the advent of social media the skaters all tend to know each other better and are generally friendlier. TSL tends to see everyone's motivations as catty and petty, but I think that says more about them than the skaters they're discussing. 

As far as I know Lori is on good terms with TCC and it's been known for a couple months that she would be doing Boyang's programs, so if that's the reason then this isn't a new development. Jason is keeping the SP he choreographed with Rohene, with Brian's approval. Boyang does need a lot more work on that front than Jason but I don't see Brian calling off the deal unless idk, the Chinese federation lead him to believe Brian would control Boyang's creative direction and then still sent him to Lori. Idk. Brian's always been pretty flexible with Yuzu sort of choosing his own artistic direction while he and DW were a lot more involved with Javi's choices (possibly because Javi didn't have as clear a vision for his choices?). Seems odd to me. I doubt this is the reason, or certainly not the only reason.

yu/zhang is not on the list ...:banginghead: first indication Hao Zhang will retire and who knows what'll happen to Xiaoyu Yu..

this mess ...

what about the coaches? are boyang's coaches names still on the list?

17 minutes ago, Eclair said:

yu/zhang is not on the list ...:banginghead: first indication Hao Zhang will retire and who knows what'll happen to Xiaoyu Yu..

this mess ...

what about the coaches? are boyang's coaches names still on the list?

The list in both seniors and juniors, do not list any foreign coaching teams.

No Raf, no Gadbois, no BOrser, no nothing. But it could be that all the foreign coaches will be listed elsewhere, as even Lori Nichol didn't get listed anywhere, even as assistance. o_O

Rumor for Yu/Zhang is that Yu/Zhang might need to sit out the GP series, possibly this season for Yu to fully recover.

Just now, Xen said:

The list in both seniors and juniors, do not list any foreign coaching teams.

No Raf, no Gadbois, no BOrser, no nothing. But it could be that all the foreign coaches will be listed elsewhere, as even Lori Nichol didn't get listed anywhere, even as assistance. o_O

are boyangs Chinese coaches still listed?

7 minutes ago, Eclair said:

are boyangs Chinese coaches still listed?

Yes. All the ice dance chinese coaches are also listed. >_<

Btw, Zhang He is not listed anywhere on the team roster, and instead the 2 junior boys with Raf are now listed instead in the men's national team.

Now, I guess the negative/pessimistic read is: boyang isn't going

The other thing I noticed, since the 2 boys with Raf are listed and the ice dance teams in Montreal are listed: the national team is mostly composed of foreign training oriented teams. 2 of the ice dance teams listed are overseas, and the 2 junior boys are at least doing short term training with Raf. Notice who isn't going overseas and is left off the list.....

Also, crediting coaches, even if they don't do the work, is a *huge* deal in China. This is actually closer to seeing who is on the national payroll than anything.

2 hours ago, anirien said:

TSL's mindset on skating is very much stuck in the past and informed by the past of the sport, back when there was a lot of drama and cattiness happening and gossiped about quite a bit among those who followed the sport closely. I'm not saying things like this don't still happen but my perception of it is that with the advent of social media the skaters all tend to know each other better and are generally friendlier. TSL tends to see everyone's motivations as catty and petty, but I think that says more about them than the skaters they're discussing. 

TSL is like TMZ, some info, lots of gossip and trash talk. I think they may hear abit about Boyang's move, the rest are just their nasty speculation. They like to paint everyone in a bad light so I'm not surprise. 

As for Boyang, I wonder what happened ? At the end of May, IFS and Brian confirmed he would go to TCC. A week later we saw him post about his training with Lori and thank CSA for give him a chance to prepare his new season in Canada. I think there's may be some communication problem between CSA, Boyang and Brian.  

1 hour ago, Katt said:

TSL is like TMZ, some info, lots of gossip and trash talk. I think they may hear abit about Boyang's move, the rest are just their nasty speculation. They like to paint everyone in a bad light so I'm not surprise. 

As for Boyang, I wonder what happened ? At the end of May, IFS and Brian confirmed he would go to TCC. A week later we saw him post about his training with Lori and thank CSA for give him a chance to prepare his new season in Canada. I think there's may be some communication problem between CSA, Boyang and Brian.  

For Boyang and even the national roster right now, most of baidu bar statements are that it's political turf wars, and that it appears the conservatives (no overseas training long term side) won. But no one has specified what the turf wars was fought over. The list for both juniors and seniors nats team, on the coaching staff, lists no foreigner, not even Lori Nichol. No foreigner is listed even in the assistant level.

Here's where things could get political- that credit, and essentially the chinese coaches in ice dance and singles are still taking the payroll from the national team, even if their students are for all intents and purposes overseas. If so, then the coaching staff is just a listing of the payroll people, but not necessarily who will coach who, so if you imagine, a scenario where Yuzu goes to TCC, but for national team payroll and accredition purposes, Nanami Abe is still listed on the JPN national team's coaching roster. If it really is that, then I won't say the doors to overseas training are fully closed. Just let it blow over for now.

Update:

Apparently this is the roster for the nats team people who are going for a second round of testing and training. So in a follow up article, Zhao said that the 2 junior boys and the ice dance teams are following plans, already overseas. I wonder if Boyang is still in limbo land.

14 minutes ago, Xen said:

For Boyang and even the national roster right now, most of baidu bar statements are that it's political turf wars, and that it appears the conservatives (no overseas training long term side) won. But no one has specified what the turf wars was fought over. The list for both juniors and seniors nats team, on the coaching staff, lists no foreigner, not even Lori Nichol. No foreigner is listed even in the assistant level.

Here's where things could get political- that credit, and essentially the chinese coaches in ice dance and singles are still taking the payroll from the national team, even if their students are for all intents and purposes overseas. If so, then the coaching staff is just a listing of the payroll people, but not necessarily who will coach who, so if you imagine, a scenario where Yuzu goes to TCC, but for national team payroll and accredition purposes, Nanami Abe is still listed on the JPN national team's coaching roster. If it really is that, then I won't say the doors to overseas training are fully closed. Just let it blow over for now.

Yeah better wait and see. But I can't help but worried about the whole situation. I always feel weird when Boyang's chinese coaches still with him when he got choreo from Lori. (And from what I heard, he's training in China with his coaches too). Can you imagine, Yuzuru still training with Nanami-san while prepare to move to TCC at the same time ?