Team China

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

Uh oh. 

Jinx. 

first that crazy injury prone season with one skater injured every week, now this insane off-season with some mind-blowing news every week... this emotional rollercoster ride ...

4 minutes ago, Eclair said:

well they also did speculate that Brian is saying this to get more ground and leeway about the training plan of Boyang, so that it's him who can decide everything. TSL speculation has not proven to be very reliable though. Their inside info on the other hand are mostly true, so there seem to be some problems about Boyang coming ... :smiley_hairpull:

I think this is an accurate assessment of TSL. They get some insider knowledge and they also hear a lot of gossip which may or may not have any basis in truth. They also have a tendency to assume the worst, ascribe poor motives or behavior and to be highly influenced by trends. Basically take anything they say beyond basic information with a big grain of salt and don't assume their speculation will bear out.

6 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Uh oh. 

Jinx. 

___

@Eclair yes, their insider info is often true, so I am more inclined to believe that (however mind boggling it is this time) but the speculation is more often wrong than not and this particular one sound really off to me. Tbh Brian doesn't need more leeway, I am sure of it. He is quite tricky with accepting skaters and he wouldn't have done it in the first place if there were many attached conditions. I don't know what happened if indeed it did but it is probably some mess way bigger than iffy choreo.
And Lori doesn't seem like she would make a fuss over this either btw.

I don't know about Lori but David has stated in past interviews, that out of a personal codex, he would never mingle with another choreographers work. 

Never seen a TSL skater skate to Lori's choreography, too. But like we both said, their speculation often doesn't turn out to be true so there is a high probability that there're other factors playing in ...

6 minutes ago, Eclair said:

I don't know about Lori but David has stated in past interviews, that out of a personal codex, he would never mingle with another choreographers work. 

Never seen a TSL skater skate to Lori's choreography, too. But like we both said, their speculation often doesn't turn out to be true so there is a high probability that there're other factors playing in ...

I meant that I don't see Lori being an unreasonable person, so if Brian had things that needed to be adjusted for Boyang I don't see a reason why she would say no. This is done all the time, for layout or other reasons. Lori also wants a cordial relationship with Brian and TCC, I mean it's simply common sense so I just cannot envision this as a reason to break such a huge thing as Boyang going to TCC. This is something else but honestly, I doubt we'll ever find out the exact truth. 

I...don't.... really know what to say:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

(but nooooo Boyang please go to TCC, your SS and TR and PCS in general will thank you and I wanted that TCC podium in Helsinki and Zuzu watching your 4Lz and you watching Zuzu land 4A...ok I've stepped onto the Fantasyland here, but you get my current feelings)

:sadPooh:

the reasons given by TSL sound so weird and OOC for many of the parts involved (unless it's about Brian wanting more freedom form the fed but the fed sounded enthusiast about the chance to have Boyang there, and why drag Lori and David in the mess?), but their intel on coaching changes have been reliable so far... I wish they weren't:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

I'll be so so disappointed if Boyang doesn't move...proportional to how much happy I was when we had the news...and I'd also be quite worried tbh. His team has done so many good things, taught him well, helped him improve but TCC could make him step up.

I can't imagine why the fed and Brian would throw those words about Boyang going to Canada one month only to take them back two month later... why???????????

4 minutes ago, salty said:

did we ever get even an official statement from Chinese fed about Boyang going to TCC back when the news broke or no?

nope. they posted and announced everything about Wang/Liu going to Montreal and He Zhang and another junior going to Raf. Never officially announced that Boyang is going to TCC. 

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

Take it with a grain of salt but TSL is saying that they were told by their inside sources Boyang is no longer going to TCC. They then speculate about the reasons and wonder if it was because of egos between Lori Nichol and Brian Orser/David Wilson, since Lori did Boyang's programs with no input from the TCC team. 

o_O wonder if it has anything related to the whole mess with China backing out of their GP, their judges being suspended, etc. etc....problems within the Fed maybe?? :O

5 minutes ago, salty said:

did we ever get even an official statement from Chinese fed about Boyang going to TCC back when the news broke or no?

No we didn't but there was a statement on Brian's FB and he spoke about Boyang coming mid-June so a deal was in place. 

35 minutes ago, Eclair said:

Really don't think that's the "real" reason, it just seems SO petty. And it's not like they're taking him in the middle of a season or even a quad....you can always ditch old choreography and get new one. WTH!! Must be something we don't know about, Fed issues??...doesn't sound like it has anything to do with CoC but all these things are so ridiculous, I wouldn't be surprised if they're not related...where there's smoke, there's fire...

Seriously side-eyeing with how China is handling things leading up to their own Olympics.