Team China

10 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

NVM, it's back: 

I like this better than star wars. It looks like his SS has improved, and the team is finally, finally fully utilizing his speed and agility. A lot more quick, snappy turns and movements than previous years, which is good. Boyang doesn't have the best lines in the business, but he's pretty agile, might as well take advantage of that.

For those wondering, the Chinese reads as:

-A month of choreography and training is coming to an end. Thank you CSA for giving me the opportunity to go to Canada to prepare for the new season. Thank you Lori Nichol for meticulously crafting 2 programs with very different styles, thanks for Kurt Browning for also joining in the choregraphing of the programs, and crafting my ex program. Thanks to Tracey Robertson-Hanford for guiding me on footwork and skating skills, thanks to Lenore Kay for editing the music for the programs. Thanks to the ice rink Manager Bob for providing the training facility, and the ice surfacing (zamboni) master Randy for working hard every day. In this month I improved greatly, and this improvement cannot be separated from the help of those mentioned above. Lastly, thanks to my 2 coaches for accompanying me every day (full time). I hope I can bring good news for everyone in the new season.

49 minutes ago, Xen said:

Boyang doesn't have the best lines in the business, but he's pretty agile, might as well take advantage of that.

He's agile, yes, but his long limbs also lend to an already good natural line. I hope they work on his posture there to make him look stronger. He looks like he's flailing at points in the beginning. But he doesn't throw himself into his turns, and kicks so that's good.

The good natural line part is a TCC thing, actually. It's the same for Yuna, Yuzuru, and Jun, too. Orser has a type (and it seems so do I). Maybe Boyang will be taught more to leverage that now.

8 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

He's agile, yes, but his long limbs also lend to an already good natural line. I hope they work on his posture there to make him look stronger. He looks like he's flailing at points in the beginning. But he doesn't throw himself into his turns, and kicks so that's good.

The good natural line part is a TCC thing, actually. It's the same for Yuna, Yuzuru, and Jun, too. Orser has a type (and it seems so do I). Maybe Boyang will be taught more to leverage that now.

Yes the SS, edges, lines are a Tracy Wilson specialty. Gosh I loved her and Rob McCall! There was this great old interview with Tracy on TSL (This or That) from 2016 that's great. She talks about all sorts of topics and talks about Yuzu and Javi as well. 

CSA were testing Li Xiangning for pairs; she's doing a double twist now so I wonder if she'll indeed be competing in that discipline.

On 6/6/2018 at 2:10 AM, LucyH said:

Finally a post about Boyang on Brian's FB... 

https://www.facebook.com/BrianOrserFans/ 

Is this actually Brian Orser? Seems to be a fan FB but maybe the name of the FB is throwing me off.

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

CSA were testing Li Xiangning for pairs; she's doing a double twist now so I wonder if she'll indeed be competing in that discipline.

Is this actually Brian Orser? Seems to be a fan FB but maybe the name of the FB is throwing me off.

It is the official fan account of Brian on FB. Stuff doesn’t end up there that hasn’t been approved from brian’s team 

31 minutes ago, LucyH said:

It is the official fan account of Brian on FB. Stuff doesn’t end up there that hasn’t been approved from brian’s team 

Oh thanks! I didn't know Brian had an official fan account on FB.

(could use some better cover graphics, though, sorry not sorry :laughing:)

• 2 weeks later...

So uh, according to his weibo, Han Yan is not retiring? He's just taking a season off or so to heal up, and then continue competing, hopefully with aim for Beijing. His coaches are now also Pang/Tong.

https://weibo.com/1991083414/Gmeb6pbut?from=page_1003061991083414_profile&wvr=6&mod=weibotime&type=comment