Team China

3 hours ago, Xen said:

But he *is* an artist. His weibo name is/was "人间艺术家” or was it "人民艺术家“- but anyways it translates as "People's artist" or "artiste among the commoners" type of title!

Ha! I like those far better. :biggrin:

(OK, but really, I don't like that he gets a bad rap for not pretending to be "soft" or "balletic". There should be space for everything!)

I really hope his training time with Brian is permanent, not just temporarily. Nobody can do some magic in a few months, especially not on the mental, psychological and PCS side of things.

ZIjun und Han Yan went to Frank temporarily, and sure they improved a little, but PCS were still low. Zijun attended Mishin summer camps and didn't improve much, but then she went there *permanently* for a few months, and her technique visibly improved. 

As far as I remember Brian never coach anyone as a secondary coach. I find its hard to imagine that he would want to co coach Boyang with a chinese coach with all the confict, different culture and training system/habit. For Boyang's case, I think its more like some summer camps/workshop and Brian + other coaches would fix his programs abit (mostly jump entries/expression I think). Deniss trained in TCC a couple of times during off season with Lambiel there. 

After all, its still plan. Lets wait for final confirmation first.

21 minutes ago, Katt said:

As far as I remember Brian never coach anyone as a secondary coach. I find its hard to imagine that he would want to co coach Boyang with a chinese coach with all the confict, different culture and training system/habit. For Boyang's case, I think its more like some summer camps/workshop and Brian + other coaches would fix his programs abit (mostly jump entries/expression I think). Deniss trained in TCC a couple of times during off season with Lambiel there. 

After all, its still plan. Lets wait for final confirmation first.

Cmiiw Borser is not Gabby's main coach though

6 часов назад, hoodie axel сказал:

That makes me feel bad for him :/ He should've just gone if he wasn't feeling it... Fans got to see him skate anyway. I guess it's nice to know he cares about his fans, but still.

I think it was bcs of rain. In Saturday he gave out autographes. 

But in Sunday he was as quiet as in Saturday :). He was like completly opposite how I imagined him :). But mb he is just quiet with unknown ppl.

I don't know why Borser laughed xD. I just blurbed it out: Take care of Boyang and then I was thinking: Why I even said that? xD It's all @Xen fault tbh xDDD

5 minutes ago, Lilona said:

I think it was bcs of rain. In Saturday he gave out autographes. 

But in Sunday he was as quiet as in Saturday :). He was like completly opposite how I imagined him :). But mb he is just quiet with unknown ppl.

I don't know why Borser laughed xD. I just blurbed it out: Take care of Boyang and then I was thinking: Why I even said that? xD It's all @Xen fault tbh xDDD

Wait wait wait-how is it my fault? It's not like I interviewed Zhao and stuff. The newspaper article already existed, it was just a matter of time before someone translated it (and actually people on twitter beat me to it too!).:13877886:

I feel falsely accused...I need a pooh now.

3 часа назад, Xen сказал:

Wait wait wait-how is it my fault? It's not like I interviewed Zhao and stuff. The newspaper article already existed, it was just a matter of time before someone translated it (and actually people on twitter beat me to it too!).:13877886:

I feel falsely accused...I need a pooh now.

Bcs you said Chinese FS fans will be glad if Boyang go to TCC xD.

17 minutes ago, Lilona said:

Bcs you said Chinese FS fans will be glad if Boyang go to TCC xD.

Oh dear.

Hello Dear Brian Orser, if you ever ever lurk here. Um, it was just a newspaper clipping, and while true many many of Boyang's fans, and the FS community in China will generally be very glad if you ever take Boyang under TCC wings, even for just a month. There is no pressure meant. We know our media is crazy too.

10 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

That makes me feel bad for him :/ He should've just gone if he wasn't feeling it... Fans got to see him skate anyway. I guess it's nice to know he cares about his fans, but still.

Oh...it's not the first time tbh. Last year they skated in May at my local rink, doing a show for the rink's re-opening. According to rinkmates, all the days they did they show, the entire Chinese national team ran behind schedule because they were just signing stuff left and right, something about a very very long line. And there were probably less fans than at Ice Fantasia.

Still though, Boyang's team will need to come up with a good fan/media strategy going forward. His popularity will be probably more than his team expects. =)