Team China

6 минут назад, Yatagarasu сказал:

:laughing: Ahaha, but hey, unexpected eye-candy is always nice. Plus he really seems like a proper sweetie so as a combination, it's probably devastating. It's why nature gave the rest of us a break and made him less photogenic! I'm happy you had a great time overall!

Thank you all of that was quite unexpected bcs I came only in hope to gift my present to Evgenia Medvedeva, bcs I was thinking it'll be quite hard. But organizer showed me where skaters will be going to the bus so I met Zhenya and bonus was all these amazing skaters. 

2 минуты назад, Yatagarasu сказал:

You reminded me; with all the TCC talk I've been wondering - he doesn't speak English, does he? Or he has rudimentary knowledge of it?

We were speaking Russian xDDD But he understands word-selfie xD

30 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

You reminded me; with all the TCC talk I've been wondering - he doesn't speak English, does he? Or he has rudimentary knowledge of it?

He might be fine with listening and reading-he has to do that anyways for skating. And then he's gone overseas to work with Lori before. Writing and speaking are the issues-and I think that's somewhat the same for Yuzu. 

That's why I think it's short term for now- they're just testing waters to see how he adapts. Plus, with all the attention that may come his way, he has to get used to it and CSA needs to figure out their media strategy. I think last season he did fine with his media interviews, but the media attention post Olympics is more, and will be more heading into Beijing. He's not quite at the level of Sui/Han yet in ability to handle the media. Furthermore, I saw that in the criticism of Zhao's interview post PC (the one I translated), some people were also saying Zhao wants the media to stop hyping up skaters-so a part of me wonders if they are also moving him overseas during the off-season to decrease and shield him from too much media. I mean, yes Chinese media can potentially try to get interviews overseas, but skating is not so popular that they'd fly people over and stalk him-and he's far from having the attention Yuzu gets. Honestly, if Chinese media show up in TCC, ten bucks that as soon as Yuzu shows up, all cameras will point towards him (even if they were interviewing Boyang to begin with). 

As for the potential "media wars"- I'm actually more neutral about it. See, in Chinese FS media, Yuzu is kind of god-tier level. Then there is Javi and Patrick at saints-level. And down in the common plebs level we've got Shoma, Boyang and Nathan. Vincent Zhou is everyone's favorite adorable nephew. So as far as Chinese media is concerned, Boyang and Yuzu are not the same level, and the direct rivals are Shoma and Nathan. And it's not nice to go after a training mate (for some reason Chinese media generally refrains from going after training mates, even if said person is a rival of a Chinese favorite), so I think if anything, they'd actually go after Shoma and Nathan, and in some weird way, Yuzu would get defended in Chinese media as a comrade in arms with Boyang. o_O

25 minutes ago, Xen said:

As for the potential "media wars"

That's fab to hear :laughing: and thank you for that perspective, it's always great to be able to read about it.

I am actually most worried about Fed issues, not media. I feel like if he were with Brian, media would be handled. TCC as a whole has so much experience now, first Yuna, then Yuzuru, twice, that I am sure they know how to handle everything thrown their way. At worst, they'll block him off as Yuzuru had been pre PC.

But Feds are an entirely different matter and most importantly it is SC that is potentially going to be in the game, what with Brian training one, if not two, contenders. Then of course KSF who are not exactly known for being mild. Even if Yuzuru stays, he's Yuzuru so eh, JSF and all.

So potentially, coming up to 2022 it is Boyang himself who could find himself in a bit of a bind, with not only the pressure from home but the whole mix at his own rink, that would be in Canada. It's why I think that Brian would welcome him for the summer, as that's something that many have done, popped in; taking him on full time is something else and he and Tracy also have TCC to think about and how much of a hassle it would be for them vs the benefits. I totally understand fans being hyper but it's complicated. 

Peeps keep talking about Yuzuru but I really think he's not the biggest issue here at all; the other current skaters plus all that can come from that plus TCC as a club are probably more of a concern.

11 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

That's fab to hear :laughing: and thank you for that perspective, it's always great to be able to read about it.

I am actually most worried about Fed issues, not media. I feel like if he were with Brian, media would be handled. TCC as a whole has so much experience now, first Yuna, then Yuzuru, twice, that I am sure they know how to handle everything thrown their way. At worst, they'll block him off as Yuzuru had been pre PC.

But Feds are an entirely different matter and most importantly it is SC that is potentially going to be in the game, what with Brian training one, if not two, contenders. Then of course KSF who are not exactly known for being mild. Even if Yuzuru stays, he's Yuzuru so eh, JSF and all.

So potentially, coming up to 2022 it is Boyang himself who could find himself in a bit of a bind, with not only the pressure from home but the whole mix at his own rink, that would be in Canada. It's why I think that Brian would welcome him for the summer, as that's something that many have done, popped in; taking him on full time is something else and he and Tracy also have TCC to think about and how much of a hassle it would be for them vs the benefits. I totally understand fans being hyper but it's complicated. 

Peeps keep talking about Yuzuru but I really think he's not the biggest issue here at all; the other current skaters plus all that can come from that are probably more of a concern.

I think KSF and CSA could come to peace terms. But SC is a different matter, and that kind of hinges on how Orzel shapes up. I've heard elsewhere that he might be only part time in TCC, part time in Raf's camp? 

There are 2 other possibilities- get Boyang to TCC for 2 years to get his SS up (since BOrser says it takes 1.5 years avg), but get him out before Beijing. Or, one I mentioned before if he goes long term-have Lori as his primary coach, but have TCC and BOrser as a secondary coach and training place. This would allow his SS to stabilize, but avoids the potential clash with the feds in TCC.  Then there's also the Granite club too, where Patrick trained. He has more training locations in Toronto than just TCC.  But realistically, they're probably going to just have TCC as a secondary training spot and split his training between Canada and China.

12 minutes ago, Xen said:

I think KSF and CSA could come to peace terms. But SC is a different matter, and that kind of hinges on how Orzel shapes up. I've heard elsewhere that he might be only part time in TCC, part time in Raf's camp? 

There are 2 other possibilities- get Boyang to TCC for 2 years to get his SS up (since BOrser says it takes 1.5 years avg), but get him out before Beijing. Or, one I mentioned before-have Lori as his primary coach, but have TCC and BOrser as a secondary coach and training place. This would allow his SS to stabilize, but avoids the potential clash with the feds in TCC. 

Am not sure, but for the sake of argument let's say full, though Gogo is a bigger threat probably anyway.

And hmm, well, maybe though I don't know, I still don't see it tbh. I am not sure what TCC gains there. If this were TCC at Yuna's time, I could see them going for it. But at this point, I just don't think so. Guess we'll have to wait and see how all of this shakes out. It's certainly keeping us occupied so can't say I mind!

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

Am not sure, but for the sake of argument let's say full, though Gogo is a bigger threat probably anyway.

And hmm, well, maybe though I don't know, I still don't see it tbh. I am not sure what TCC gains there. If this were TCC at Yuna's time, I could see them going for it. But at this point, I just don't know. Guess we'll have to wait and see how all of this shakes out. It's certainly keeping us occupied so can't say I mind!

Yeah, and it's nice that right now most people are more or less eyeing it as short term arrangement. Honestly people in Chinese FS boards are all going "OMG OMG, even if it's just 1 month we don't mind, it's so nice he finally gets to train with his idol!"

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

Yeah, and it's nice that right now most people are more or less eyeing it as short term arrangement. Honestly people in Chinese FS boards are all going "OMG OMG, even if it's just 1 month we don't mind, it's so nice he finally gets to train with his idol!"

A summer camp would certainly be beneficial, no doubt and it literally has no down-sides for anyone. Hopefully someone spills, soon!

30 минут назад, Xen сказал:

LOL xD

3 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

Yeah, IDC how much of a non-"artist" he is, give me this over "lines" anytime.

But he *is* an artist. His weibo name is/was "人间艺术家” or was it "人民艺术家“- but anyways it translates as "People's artist" or "artiste among the commoners" type of title!