Team China

I love how this thread is involving! Finally some news of team china - in the past I could hardly find anything..

here's boyang's recent interview:

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/103 ... bcecec87d2

I especially like the part where he talks about his competitors:

'The atmosphere between me and my competitors are very friendly. Maybe during competitions we are competitors, but normally, the relations are very friendly, kind of like friends. So all in all, we have a good influence on each other. ' (quote end)

Personally, I think Yuzu plays a huge part in creating such friendly atmosphere between competitors. He reaches out to the youngsters who are less familiar with the spotlight and gives a little guidance. He also never is disrespectful of the youngsters. He is a great role model for future skaters through and through. His interactions with Javier has really started that even tough competitors are joking and supporting each other (and all credits to Brian who supports friendly support between competitors instead of choosing eteri's approach of survival of the fittest).

I love how this thread is involving! Finally some news of team china - in the past I could hardly find anything..

here's boyang's recent interview:

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/103 ... bcecec87d2

I especially like the part where he talks about his competitors:

'The atmosphere between me and my competitors are very friendly. Maybe during competitions we are competitors, but normally, the relations are very friendly, kind of like friends. So all in all, we have a good influence on each other. ' (quote end)

Personally, I think Yuzu plays a huge part in creating such friendly atmosphere between competitors. He reaches out to the youngsters who are less familiar with the spotlight and gives a little guidance. He also never is disrespectful of the youngsters. He is a great role model for future skaters through and through. His interactions with Javier has really started that even tough competitors are joking and supporting each other (and all credits to Brian who supports friendly support between competitors instead of choosing eteri's approach of survival of the fittest).

Despite what his bubbly personality might suggest, Boyang seems to be a thinker from what I've gathered in interviews, so in this regard he really is similar to Yuzu, and I'd love to see more of this from top skaters. Too many times they depend on their coaches a little too much that it seems to hinder any progress on personal growth and individuality :crazy:

i agree with you :smile:

i think boyang has a great personality and he expresses it really well when he skates...

i secretly want him to skate to iron man or dark knight music but that's just me...

I think he will be able to sell those characters like no other, but at the same time, again, it's the Olympics :s_tongue You don't want to be too adventurous with Anything. After this season is over though, I hope he will go all out and be as crazy as what we know he really is :smile: