2018/2019 Season Program Announcements

Ivett new programs from test competition this weekend (protocols: x and x)

SP is a Bruno Mars medley 

FS is the soundtrack of the movie High Strung

Her short programs have been crowd pleasing and fun in the past few seasons but still no warhorses (except last year's Carmen) which is good! :)  Her LP is darker but I think this contemporary style suits her. I like the contrast between the two programs. The SP looks more complete now, but the free skate is still a bit empty.

I hope she can stabilize her lutz this season because it is still not stable since she came back from her injury. And she will need that clean 3T-3T combo in the SP, too, without URs.

Roman Savosin
SP Granada by Agustin Lara
FP Piano Concerto No 2 by Sergei Rachmaninov, performed by David Garrett

Well someone had to go for Rach 2 :68468287:

@sallycinnamon

The music choice for the FS is really neat, I love it.

Music for the SP is not my cup of tea but she makes it work, I think it's going to be really good for her. Great choices. 

1 hour ago, Yatagarasu said:

Roman Savosin
SP Granada by Agustin Lara
FP Piano Concerto No 2 by Sergei Rachmaninov, performed by David Garrett

Well someone had to go for Rach 2 :68468287:

@sallycinnamon

The music choice for the FS is really neat, I love it.

Music for the SP is not my cup of tea but she makes it work, I think it's going to be really good for her. Great choices. 

SP is not my cup of tea either but it suits her and I think she'll be able to make it work like se did with MJ and AC/DC. And it's good that she chose an instrumental for her FS and that it's not a warhorse/some more known music. It's an interesting choice, I like it, too.

6 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

SP is not my cup of tea either but it suits her and I think she'll be able to make it work like se did with MJ and AC/DC. And it's good that she chose an instrumental for her FS and that it's not a warhorse/some more known music. It's an interesting choice, I like it, too.

The sound was a bit off for me so am not sure about the slightly odd transition between the two songs but yes, she really makes it work! I think it'll be as good as the two previous ones.

One has to give her major kudos for just going with the things that suits her, without trying to play the usual game. Which just makes me cheer for her all the more, negl! Fingers crossed she manages to return to full form.

On 8/12/2018 at 12:42 PM, xeyra said:

I know this song but am not placing it right now. But I like it. I didn't know Bradie was going for a 3Lz3Lo, though. Also, why the 2A in the bonus and not the 3F?

I love it, it's a big improvement for her. I think both 2A and 3F are in the bonus, or will be.

I'm not sure what the music is but it sounds like some sort of video game.

On 8/14/2018 at 4:10 PM, yuzuangel said:

I love it, it's a big improvement for her. I think both 2A and 3F are in the bonus, or will be.

I'm not sure what the music is but it sounds like some sort of video game.

There is only bonus for 1 jumping pass now, even if both are in the second half. Reason why I expected her to have the 3F as the last jumping pass instead of the 2A. 

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

There is only bonus for 1 jumping pass now, even if both are in the second half. Reason why I expected her to have the 3F as the last jumping pass instead of the 2A. 

It is strange, and it's not a small difference either +2 I think, unless they tried it and it really wasn't working out, so they switched it for the 2A that is more stable. 

2 hours ago, xeyra said:

20 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

It is strange, and it's not a small difference either +2 I think, unless they tried it and it really wasn't working out, so they switched it for the 2A that is more stable. 

Oh, then that is strange. Maybe they will change the layout later in the season as she gets used to it.

7 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Oh, then that is strange. Maybe they will change the layout later in the season as she gets used to it.

Might be indeed but shuffling them around isn't all that easy either, guess we have to wait and see. It is curious.

2 минуты назад, Yatagarasu сказал:

Oh you're right. He didn't!

So we have Jason's FP as unknown, and both for Zu, Cha and Kolyada. 

Nice company:68468287:. I've heard Kolyada's tango from two seasons ago in the subway today and remembered he didn't announce this season's one (because I have almost no hope he won't choose tango again).

23 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

Nice company:68468287:. I've heard Kolyada's tango from two seasons ago in the subway today and remembered he didn't announce this season's one (because I have almost no hope he won't choose tango again).

Yuzuru may steal his tango and Kolyada may end up with Chopin :68468287:

• sallycinnamon changed the title to 2018/2019 Season Program Announcements