2018/2019 Season Program Announcements

Just watch a bunch of new program. Some thoughts

- Marin's SP is ok. I didn't find any highlight but not bad either. The vocal during stsq hurt my ears. Hope she can skate with more power. I feel her interpretation is abit flat atm, but its still early. I can see some potential in this program. 

- Satoko's SP is so so. For now, I still like Sayuri more. And I don't like the music part they use for stsq and overall music cut. I like the timing for the 3lz3t, sigh, it would be so good if she has better jump. She has wonderful arm movements. Seriously, I hope Marin, Kaori, Mai ( and alot ladies) would watch and learn how she use her arms. 

Alina's SP is yike. The problem with almost all POTO programs is the music cut when they often try to put all the songs into one program but this one take the cake.  Her movement is so rushed and messy.  The entry into 2A is nice

Say what you want but Yuzuru's POTO has one of the best music cut, and to me, its how a choreographer (and skater) deal with a warhorse.  

- Shoma's LP is what I expected at this point. Empty and flat. I like the timing of the 3A and as always, his last spin. The cantilever need to go. The tricky with moonlight sonata is while the first movement is very beautiful (my fave part too), its also hard to skate and choreo without getting boring. His SP is much much better, his IN improve compare to the first time he perform, I think it has great potential. Also, that costume is terrible, its like a shirt for firebird program but I'm not worried because he will change it when GP start.

-I like Nathan's LP music but once again, this highlight his stiff knee more than ever, especially I watch this right after Shoma's. This program is so empty and only come to life in the last minute. I hope they would put chsq/3rd spin somewhere in between or else it would be 7 jumping passes in a row :dbana:

Again, I have to say those 30s cut is gonna be a real challenge for all men this season. 

15 minutes ago, Katt said:

Shoma's LP is what I expected at this point.

Lmao my instant thought when I watched his FS is "He skates exactly like I expected"=)))

I expected better presentation from Marin and Satoko, esp with that kind of music. They need more power going into each element, but so far it's kinda flat.

I think it’s hard to judge when they introduce a programme at an ice show - the rinks are smaller and the lighting poor and the audience looks so close.  I think they’ll do better in actual competition.

1 minute ago, Sombreuil said:

I think it’s hard to judge when they introduce a programme at an ice show - the rinks are smaller and the lighting poor and the audience looks so close.  I think they’ll do better in actual competition.

It's mostly why I will wait though I think Shoma's are what they are. It's what I expected anyway.

But Alina's music cut needs changing. 

Alinas music is horrible - it would be hard to use all those cuts in the FP, in the SP it’s impossible - looks like they settled the choreography then chopped up th music to fit.  I’m no fan of ALW but he doesn’t deserve this butchery.

15 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Of course but we would know their music cut ( very important !!!), the preview and the abit overall image of their new program. Some programs like Seimei already had great potential in ice show despite messy performance. Some programs are just bad no matter in ice show or comp and this time, I would say its Alina's SP. 

If they were trying to capture the psychotic parts of POTO with Alina's SP, then I'd say mission accomplished. Sounds nuts. And the way she rushes through the motions... with those music cuts, I don't see how she could not rush through the choreo. There's just no time to finish anything because she has to shift gears every five seconds. I hope they'll change that and let the program and the choreo breathe a little more.

3 hours ago, katonice said:

Alina's POTO

It doesn’t fit in at all, but I like the second spin to the music box music with the Biellmann. Completely obvious and campy and my taste is questionable obvi. I don’t like the rest tho and why are they trying to age her so much?? That hair. 

19 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

If they were trying to capture the psychotic parts of POTO with Alina's SP, then I'd say mission accomplished. Sounds nuts. And the way she rushes through the motions... with those music cuts, I don't see how she could not rush through the choreo. There's just no time to finish anything because she has to shift gears every five seconds. I hope they'll change that and let the program and the choreo breathe a little more.

THIS. I hate how she has no time to hold positions and it’s exactly the same as last season.

• sallycinnamon changed the title to 2018/2019 Season Program Announcements